AshBorn's 1v1 PvP Tourny live on twitch!!

Topics related to Second Age
Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

AshBorn's 1v1 PvP Tourny live on twitch!!

Post by Roser »

http://www.twitch.tv/ultimawizard

Enjoy!

Edit: Here is a link to the recorded broadcast
http://www.twitch.tv/ultimawizard/b/439444075
Last edited by Roser on Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AshBorn
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: AshBorn's 1v1 PvP Tourny live on twitch!!

Post by AshBorn »

Awesome. Many thanks Rose!

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

This is awesome rose. I play y match then go upstairs to hang out with the wife until my fights up n I get to watch the fights!
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Arsen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arsen »

highlights.

1. 01:42:55 ( look at rose irl )
2. 02:14:22 ( look at the good looking wizzard with green neon hair and a black wizard hat next to the stairs )
3. 02:21:50 ( look at what happend to vega (infront of the tower doors) when he tried to explo me infront of the gz ) lol

discuss
[22:00:50] <@Dupre> arsen isnt raging, hes jsut german, it just sounds taht way
[22:00:58] <@Dupre> hes actually very calm and gentle
[22:03:54] <@Dupre> arsen is also the best player here

keelonzo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by keelonzo »

Watching the replay this morning of my fight and Rose is yelling for reactive armor - ! I wish I could have used RA against TNT!!!! LOL

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

keelonzo wrote:Watching the replay this morning of my fight and Rose is yelling for reactive armor - ! I wish I could have used RA against TNT!!!! LOL
Yea ra makes a big difference vs dexxers. I was so off my game against him, I hadn't fought a dexxers in forever and I'm already bad enough vs dexxers, and he's a good one. I wish I woulda clumsied him! Good job tho jay!
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

keelonzo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by keelonzo »

Menkaure wrote:
keelonzo wrote:Watching the replay this morning of my fight and Rose is yelling for reactive armor - ! I wish I could have used RA against TNT!!!! LOL
Yea ra makes a big difference vs dexxers. I was so off my game against him, I hadn't fought a dexxers in forever and I'm already bad enough vs dexxers, and he's a good one. I wish I woulda clumsied him! Good job tho jay!

Great job Jay! Too bad there will be more hybrid dexers now who compete - doubt they'll be on top of their game that well though. Also - my bad about crying foul with the heal potion - I watched the replay and I think you just used a GHeal spell.... still salty about curing with my Pot - didnt realize I had them until the *end* but thought we were allowed to use cures/refresh - Just Red Pots people!

Should allow RA in the fights IMO. Have to change my reactive/protection/bless macro for the matches, but the protection (AR 12) helps a ton actually compared to AR3.

Question for AshBorn/LS ---> where does the original ruleset come from? Is it from shard tourneys or just "made up." Not knocking it, just wondering.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

keelonzo wrote:
Menkaure wrote:

Great job Jay! Too bad there will be more hybrid dexers now who compete - doubt they'll be on top of their game that well though. Also - my bad about crying foul with the heal potion - I watched the replay and I think you just used a GHeal spell.... still salty about curing with my Pot - didnt realize I had them until the *end* but thought we were allowed to use cures/refresh - Just Red Pots people!

Should allow RA in the fights IMO. Have to change my reactive/protection/bless macro for the matches, but the protection (AR 12) helps a ton actually compared to AR3.

Question for AshBorn/LS ---> where does the original ruleset come from? Is it from shard tourneys or just "made up." Not knocking it, just wondering.
The ole server events. Tho I don't remember if ra was allowed or not
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

AshBorn
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by AshBorn »

The problem with RA is it makes fights last forever in a tournament that is already long.

Plus, nothing like HITTING your halberd kill shot on someone when they have 5% life and all that happens is they take no damage and you get a red shiny firework on your face.

Ok I'm biased against it but awhile ago I asked a bunch of the people if I should allow RA and they all said no... I can start a poll again and see where the majority lies if you guys think I should.

But for me to change a rule, it has to be pretty obvious the public wants it.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

If you add sudden death then add ra.
Honestly sudden death anyways. Its the only way some players can win against really good guys. Whether we admit it or not, the same people are gonna always be onthe top 6, and if we add sudden death it will let those less experienced have a chance in a fair way. If they last a long time against a pro, and force sudden death, then just maybe they have a shot at winning with the no healing rule when sudden death hits
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

keelonzo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by keelonzo »

Menkaure wrote:If you add sudden death then add ra.
Honestly sudden death anyways. Its the only way some players can win against really good guys. Whether we admit it or not, the same people are gonna always be onthe top 6, and if we add sudden death it will let those less experienced have a chance in a fair way. If they last a long time against a pro, and force sudden death, then just maybe they have a shot at winning with the no healing rule when sudden death hits
Ok - so not being familiar with the "sudden death" rule, I'm assuming Ashborn (or tournament facilitator) would call sudden death after a certain amount of time where neither player can heal themselves?

That would be pretty cool, but also extremely tuff NOT to hit the Gheal self/mini heal self keys..... wow... I like!

AshBorn
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by AshBorn »

Yeah and when people accidentally heal by habit and the crowd starts yelling DQ, thats going to be fun to deal with!

But I posted a poll for sudden death and the voting as in the majority for it, but not by a big margin.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

AshBorn wrote:Yeah and when people accidentally heal by habit and the crowd starts yelling DQ, thats going to be fun to deal with!

But I posted a poll for sudden death and the voting as in the majority for it, but not by a big margin.

If they heal dq. As you said your tourney your rule ppl gotta respect em
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

AshBorn
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by AshBorn »

Menkaure wrote:
AshBorn wrote:Yeah and when people accidentally heal by habit and the crowd starts yelling DQ, thats going to be fun to deal with!

If they heal dq. As you said your tourney your rule ppl gotta respect em

Yeah thats the problem, I mean, if youre fighting and accidentally hit your number 2 button - disqualified?

That's going to cause a lot of rage.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Do a full gear tourney with a 5 min timer on each match. After 5 mins allow both players back to full health/mana and disable healing.