player vendors selling bogus or falsely stated items

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
rondelin

player vendors selling bogus or falsely stated items

Post by rondelin »

player vendors selling bogus or falsely stated items is a big problem. my friend bought what was suppose to be a full spellbook but was actually an emty one, so i suppose a runebook which claims to be full of towne runes and such could also be bogus, i agree that if you take someones word on a one-on-one purchase ie:trade window its your own fault, however, using a vendor to exploit the purchase or sale of items is lame. players need a trusting source to make purchases... SUGGESTION.. have spellbooks state the scroll count they contain as well as runebooks stating how full they are, ofcourse in runebooks you can end up with 16 runes to that vendor house so aternative is to make them both completely viewable while in the vendors pack. THE REASON IS!!!- this behavior will only drive everyone to have a scribe which will only end up like OSI filled with crafters driving the prices of the items down making them virtually unsellable and with the current vendor cost per diem; items wont sell til they are non existant making players go outside the game to sell items on a made to order basis becoming so much more like OSI. ISNT THE IDEA OF THIS SHARD TO OFFSET ALL THE [APPARENTLY NECESSARY]
CHANGES THAT -OSI- MADE!

Faust

Re: player vendors selling bogus or falsely stated items

Post by Faust »

No, the goal of the shard is to replicate the t2a era not build onto it. If you use the item identification skill on the book it would tell you how many scrolls there are currently. I'm sorry this happened, but choosing a specific vendor that is trustworthy would be ideal.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Don't buy spellbooks from random vendors.

Solution - some scribes sell scroll-singles. Buy them and add them to the book yourself. Another solution, hunt and gather the scrolls yourself (like "old school OSI"). Should you not want to do either of these, look for Tabius here on the Player Ran Vendor forums. He is part of a reputable Merchant guild that we have here.

Runebooks - Make your own runebooks (Copy one from a rune library), and again, some vendors sell "loose runes" already.
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

slida

Post by slida »

While I agree that the idea being able to falsely sell stuff on a vendor, and actually doing that are both completely bogus and inexcusable, I have some useful advice.

First off, don't buy full spellbooks. A general waste of money as only maybe a dozen spells are actually useful and you can get almost all of them off of magic creatures or cheaply from town vendors. The rest can be bought individually.

Second, how about a screenshot of this person's house and their location? I won't get you your money back, but it would potentially hurt this person's business. Also you could make it a point to find out who the character is and publicize that, as well as plan your revenge. A surprise poison blade to the gut might get the message across.;)(When your dry looting him make sure he knows why.)

kaldori

Post by kaldori »

I got my full spellbook by killing liches and orc mages.

I bought the basic scrolls I needed to hunt/recall, that's it.

Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Wise »

pr buy off [$$$] vendors We are a trustworth merchant guild! I personaly sell full spell books for 6k GUARANTEED full or contact me and I will replace it plus generous compensation! My vendors are directly North of moonglow Moongate cant miss them!
Wise - [Guildmaster, $$$]- Owner of the $$$ Rune Tower & Trusted Merchant

SYNDICATE OF SUCCESSFUL SALESMEN
[$$$]Vendors - [$$$]Runes - [$$$]Events

Barkoviak

Post by Barkoviak »

Yup, buy from a reputable vendor! I know this is hard to distinguish when you are new. Always use the forums and ask in the trade forum about where to go and be aware of the posters reputation.