Housing market!?

Buying/Selling Housing

Moderator: Trade Moderators

Abbynormal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Housing market!?

Post by Abbynormal »

What happened to the housing market here? When I left, It was a fairly even comparison across the board. Now, smalls sell for deed, maybe 5k or 10k bonus, and you can't get anything bigger for less than 2x or 3x deed. WTF?! The price gap is huge. I know there's more smalls in the world than others but still, it seems like the poverty gap has widened considerably in the last couple years that I've been away from game.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Housing market!?

Post by Menkaure »

Yea before I quit in 2011, I had 2 towers, a couple 2 stories and a patio. And there was still plenty of room left. I was quite surprised when I came back to see the map full.
Smalls are cheap because a) No one really needs a small because there are plenty of small plots still available. And B) Most people have 3 accounts, a small isnt going to accomodate their needs, and even if it did, they would need an upgrade right away.
Because its summer time, you should be able to find a 2 story for 2x deedish, or a patio or large brick for 2-3x deed.
But just a couple months ago it was 3x deed for 2 stories, and 4x deed minimum for bricks/patios.
I bought my tower 3 months ago for a castle deed.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

liinniejj

Post by liinniejj »

people arent realizing its summer again and not willing to drop their prices to reasonable prices thus end up not selling at all as its too expensive with summer population

Made by Nystal Games, New up and coming indie Developer.

Wil

Post by Wil »

Abbynormal wrote:What happened to the housing market here? When I left, It was a fairly even comparison across the board. Now, smalls sell for deed, maybe 5k or 10k bonus, and you can't get anything bigger for less than 2x or 3x deed. WTF?! The price gap is huge. I know there's more smalls in the world than others but still, it seems like the poverty gap has widened considerably in the last couple years that I've been away from game.
Simple supply and demand.

Smalls are IDOCing or being removed faster than they're being placed this summer. There are even plenty of spots open for mining smalls and side-by-side smalls (I can point you to a few if you want them). So, unless there's something unique about a particular small (location location location), it's basically worth the deed, maybe a hair extra for the improvements.

All possible larger-than-smalls have been placed and the IDOCs are camped and promptly replaced. The folks who capture a plot from an IDOC are mostly willing to sell quick while most everyone else is holding. For most sizes, the ratio between supply and demand currently supports price of deed plus 1x to 1.5x the most expensive deed that fits that plot. That's down from the winter where it was more like 2x to 2.5x.

AceOfSpades

Post by AceOfSpades »

^

Freak Show

Post by Freak Show »

Abbynormal wrote:What happened to the housing market here? When I left, It was a fairly even comparison across the board. Now, smalls sell for deed, maybe 5k or 10k bonus, and you can't get anything bigger for less than 2x or 3x deed. WTF?! The price gap is huge. I know there's more smalls in the world than others but still, it seems like the poverty gap has widened considerably in the last couple years that I've been away from game.
It is because Vega is a greedy DOUCHE BAG.
<Vega> cruising for a bruising with my fast ass![/size]
[00:01] <Jumbi> any other idiotic questions
[00:01] <Jumbi> no i cant tell your sex i am not a fortune teller!
[00:01] <Jumbi> leave me alone
[00:02] <Vega> rofl

smit9352

Post by smit9352 »

Most of us that normally IDOC have come to a mutual agreement between one another to not ask an arm and a leg for the smalls blocking larger plots. While others are still trying to get L Deeds or even higher for a single small blocking construction of larger houses.

There's certain people that still IDOC who like to ask higher than market value thinking we're still in the prime months and people aren't doing 1-4 IDOC's a day. Either way the market has came down some and some of us are trying to make it even more reasonable to try and help newer members get into housing so they aren't stuck in smalls.

Hell even Ashborn is buying houses for people and letting them pay him back! So some of us are definitely trying to help the Housing Market not feed off of it.

:)
Derrick wrote:Cavewights accounts were banned for accepting in-game goods for the promise of money.
Kaivan wrote:I wasn't aware that popular opinion was more valued than accuracy.

Downs

Post by Downs »

we're all getting vega'd!
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Andersonius

Post by Andersonius »

The prices are so high because people keep paying them. Hey, if you want a tower in the swamp for 3x deed thats up to you lol

AlexCCCP

Post by AlexCCCP »

WTS Tower bridged with Castle on grass, 10mil!
Salute in the name of Lost Soldiers of Darkness [LSD], Napa Valley and The Empire of Atlantic (1998)

"I don't believe in god, but I blame him for all my problems"

Andersonius

Post by Andersonius »

AlexCCCP wrote:WTS Tower bridged with Castle on grass, 10mil!
This thread should be moved first off.

Second off, at least a bridged tower/castle is a grandfathered option and certainly worth much more than merely a castle and a tower side by side.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Trouble is not only that people have senslessly raised prices on housing, it also is that suddenly money has been abundant for people who have recently joined the server. This allows them to pay exorbitant amounts for pedestrian houses.

Maybe I'm a dumbass, but when I joined, it took me MONTHS to get enough money to buy my first L-Shape, and that was only 20k over deed price. Now I see new names buying huge stuff for ridiculous amounts of money, which leads me to think I was doing something wrong.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

AlexCCCP

Post by AlexCCCP »

Pirul wrote:Trouble is not only that people have senslessly raised prices on housing, it also is that suddenly money has been abundant for people who have recently joined the server. This allows them to pay exorbitant amounts for pedestrian houses.

Maybe I'm a dumbass, but when I joined, it took me MONTHS to get enough money to buy my first L-Shape, and that was only 20k over deed price. Now I see new names buying huge stuff for ridiculous amounts of money, which leads me to think I was doing something wrong.
I know right... I spent months farming Undead City like a tool for my first few months... or was it a full year?
Salute in the name of Lost Soldiers of Darkness [LSD], Napa Valley and The Empire of Atlantic (1998)

Asan Drakus

Post by Asan Drakus »

I don't know how you guys spent months without farming up money for a big house, you were doing it wrong.

But yeah, the entire servers inflation is possibly the worst of any shard I have seen, it is those damn 1%'ers.
N-C Pretty in Pink!

AlexCCCP

Post by AlexCCCP »

Pirul got me thinking about my progression. So I joined late April 2010 and scrimped every penny, I bought nothing and used found gear only on my meleer, generally undead city as I said.

So in October I placed an L-Shape outside of Minoc, miraculously finding a recently IDOCd spot. But I quickly sold it to purchase a tower from Vilenarios for deed+20k beginning of November, where I still live. So umm it took me like 6 months to get 470k or so. Scrimping continued until in April 2011 I bought a swamp castle for deed+L-Shape, which I foolishly allowed to collapse but was at least lucky enough to replace with a keep, afterwards I put two towers there which I sold for a castle deed. Much scrimping occurred until I got my uber lands.

Also decided to audit my assets and in the rare department I got some cool stuff
Blood Encrusted orc Helm - bought
Red Bronze Shield - bought
Ranger suit, newbie - bought
Necro Helm - bought
Slayer Kryss - bought
Tall Candelabra - IDOC
Orc Statue - IDOC
Barrel - IDOC
Red Table - Bought
4 Eagles, 1 surfer, 1 scav. hunt trophy
Halloween Robe set - Bought
Oil Cloth - given as a deal bonus
Red Pillow/Black Pillow - Given as a deal bonus
Virtue Sash - Given but umm I consider it holding should the owner want it returned. (wish I had a bless deed)
Demeter's Earrings, super cool from an event in T2A swamps, who the hell has the Bracelet she also dropped????
And actually very few more minor rares that I found and IDOCd

Currently I only got like 150k gold and no significant amount of resources/regs

Fudge it editing in smaller stuff:
4x Tall Candles - Found
2x Shackles - IDOC
Horseshoes - IDOC
50k Bank Cheque - Bought
Empty Vials - Reward from Player IRC Trivia game
Wig - Given (By a DGer, RIP)
Holiday Bell from Iolo (purple) - Foolishly opted for it as an Xmas reward
5x pre-patch Magic Heater shields
4x Full Jars - IDOC
Rope x1 - Found
Iron Ingot 3piece - Found
3x Ask & Answer Balls
Daemon Bone Suit - Bought
Leprechaun Hat
Cards (single) - Found
2x light Furs - Found
Umm nothing else I can think of that's worth more than a couple of k.

So umm three years in and that's what I'm worth for the world to know.