God Effin Dammit

Topics related to Second Age
Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

God Effin Dammit

Post by Budner »

So I buy an 2-storey deed at the Brit architect to test placing it. I can't place the house so I return to the architect to redeem the deed. I approach the guy who says "just hand me the deed" and very carefully, because I know dropping a deed on the ground is a bad thing, hand him the deed. I'm making a conscious effort to make sure I drag it to him.

Somehow I miss the dude and the deed drops on the ground. I immediately go to grab it and it's swiped away (I actually see the deed move and then disappear). I reveal and there's nobody there. I check all available containers and the deed's not there. Poof, gone.

I still don't know if it just instantly disappeared or if someone grabbed it and stealthed away. And if it was stolen, why even bother stealthing away? No crime has been committed, not that would turn you grey anyway.

Made me want to rage quit, to be honest. Not that a 200k deed breaks the bank, but god effin dammit.

DRUSK42

Re: God Effin Dammit

Post by DRUSK42 »

theres a dude that dresses up and sits there waiting for you to do that. lol he acts as a NPC but really hotbags yoour shit . i just go there with 200 ballet box deeds and drop them.

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

DRUSK42 wrote:theres a dude that dresses up and sits there waiting for you to do that. lol he acts as a NPC but really hotbags yoour shit . i just go there with 200 ballet box deeds and drop them.
OK but then shouldn't that open up a trade window, if I drag to him?

Freight Elevator

Post by Freight Elevator »

You dropped on the ground

He scavenged it

Next time open up the paper doll and you'll see one that is not an NPC
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really

Asan Drakus

Post by Asan Drakus »

What I always do... is tell the NPC to move until I can block him into a corner.. and then there is no way I can miss ;-P
N-C Pretty in Pink!

Missy B

Post by Missy B »

its kinda annnoying how that npc guy moves so often and randomly

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

Last time I redeem a deed in Brit, I can tell you that. Shoulda known better. But I've done this 50 times with no problem. Ugggh.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

I have horrible luck but thankfully this never happened to me.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

lankers

Post by lankers »

Now there is going to be 100 people pretending to be npc's in the carpenters shop

The oOo

Post by The oOo »

hehe yea...lost a small deed the same way to the same guy a couple weeks ago.

definately scavenger agent...thought it was pretty clever :) I use different cities/shops now...

and doublecheck each npc in the room :lol:
oOOoOoo Ooo Oo OOoOoo oOo

Ulfrigg

Post by Ulfrigg »

You can first say vendor buy to the redeemer, then he will stay glued on you untill you move. Helpfull tip :)

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

Found a guy AFK'ing this before...
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

lankers wrote:Now there is going to be 100 people pretending to be npc's in the carpenters shop
There already is... I have only found 2 carps without people ready to scav. I lost a castle deed + small one day at Brit.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Happy Gilmore

Post by Happy Gilmore »

Ive seen the guy in brit carp all the time...he has a follow macro that follows the real estate broker around..so 2 days ago I casted a gate and told the NPC to move move move...so he would follow...gated that bitch to middle of Yew forest and watched a troll kill him...If you read this.....Yeah bitch that was me. Sickens me to know that he is making money by doing this and I didnt think of it first.

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

Here's the thing, I KNEW people were doing this, so I was being careful. It's not a new scam. But I still can't figure it out. If I hand the deed to the NPC, I get the money. If I hand it to a non-NPC, I should get a trade window. Neither of these things happened. Which leaves a third possibility, which is that I "missed" the NPC/non-NPC and dropped the deed. But like I said I was consciously careful ..... I know I dragged that deed onto a character and it dropped anyway.

Pretty sure it was scavenged, just the way the deed was sort of swept away.

Here's a question - if you're waiting for deeds to drop AFK, isn't that unattended resource gathering? And if so, shouldn't it be bannable?