Question to PVPers about razor action delay.

Topics related to Second Age
memememe

Question to PVPers about razor action delay.

Post by memememe »

I've been fiddling around a bit with my razor settings trying to optimize what I can.
Dueled a bit last night and was told to use 0 action delay. The end of that story was that I lost all feeling for anything timing related and couldn't fight AT ALL. Arming, disarming, casting, everything felt so rubberish that I couldn't do anything. Though I only had time for 3 duels without the delay, so no time to get used to it.
actiondelay.jpg
actiondelay.jpg (62.71 KiB) Viewed 547 times
So now I'm wondering whether not using a "forced" action delay via razor really does have an impact on pvp in the sense that it adds a little delay and I need to get used to playing with 0 in order to maximize my casting speed, or if I can adjust my forced action delay to a number where it still works without slowing me down. (Because things like razor restock macro afaik don't work either without action delay, at least my razor wanted to restock all regs in 0.1 seconds, didn't work, obviously.)

Thus my question: Do any of the better pvpers run with razor action delay, or is it really such a crutch? And if you do use it, which value and whats your ping to UOSA?

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Question to PVPers about razor action delay.

Post by Menkaure »

Ive tried every way possible, I run it with the 1000 delay. I still feel mine is not correct, and I duel 24/7. If I were to stand beside someone and we were press our cast and equip buttons at the same time, mine would be delayed and it seems his/hers wouldnt. Then again, I use the old school arm/disarm and not the one in razor.
Id love to play this game without razor, razor has made this game way too easy imo.
Anywho, I have tried multiple ways and I like the box checked with 1000 delay.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Menkaure wrote:Id love to play this game without razor, razor has made this game way too easy imo.
QFT
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Scienter

Post by Scienter »

I use 0 because of a sense of control. I'll hold down a key that is attributable to the object delay and will eventually perform the action after the 1 second has been satisfied.

In all honesty, there is no right or wrong way. I have had Razor bug out on me at very inconvenient times due to que'ing up a billion halberd equips (during world saves etc.).

I would strongly discourage something crazy though like 750, or 450.

-Scienter
Thank you,

-Scienter
"The Great One"
FT$
PM me with reflect bracelets or charged halberds!
New Vent Info:
IP:uosa.puddleboy.com
port:4490
Need a channel? Fill out the information here: http://secondage.puddleboy.com