help deco my first tower :p

Buying/Selling Housing

Moderator: Trade Moderators

krewlbr

help deco my first tower :p

Post by krewlbr »

looking for some ideas on deco for my tower, i know im going to have a small personal rune library on the first floor for dungeons, towns, tmaps and other stuff, but what about the rest of the tower? any screen shots/ideas would be awesome. thanks

Tony Costa

Re: help deco my first tower :p

Post by Tony Costa »

As of now the middle parts of my tower are for stashing pets temporarily when I am power taming so there is no deco.

**EDIT** Keep in mind that if you friend anyone to your house you want ALL OF YOUR BELONGINGS IN THE BACK ROOM WITH A TABLE BARRIER, you can bump up levels by placing a table or some other solid object underneath you and relogging. So all the rooms above that back room are NOT safe.

You can, however, make it so that you block off the exact tiles above the back room wall with the door all the way up the tower and since you cant get in the bottom level the rest will be secure as well.

CRockwell

Post by CRockwell »

Can people kill your pets in a tower? I'm thinking about buying on myself so all the in and outs of owning one is helpful. Like you posted above, thank you for that information.

Tony Costa

Post by Tony Costa »

Yes, a tower is pretty much the most unsecure building you can buy. Every tile in a tower can be LOS'd using relative location. No pets will be safe in there at all. I will elaborate on my statement of I keep pets in there when I am power taming by saying I keep them in there for like 15 mins tops and then gate them out to my secluded area in the abyss of the world so nobody will fucks with them :P

Towers are great though. Its awesome to have one. I owned a castle back in the day - loved it but everyone has CY runes now adays and it becomes more of a hassle to own one than anything. Keeps are great except theyre a little too compact in a weird way to be cool, unless theyre in an EPIC location, towers are all around good houses especially for pvpers. Great to set up a pvp restock area, you got a store room in the back that you can pretty much secure with no trouble if you're not dumb, patios/large bricks have spots that you CANT los into which is good for people who still macro chars. They are also good pvp/store houses if set up properly.

The only house in the game to my knowledge that is completely LOS proof is a small house, and thats relative location LOS, if your house is by any dips in the terrain ppl can purple pot the ground under you etc etc but tbh there are SO MANY small spots out there that you could find one with no problem at all without any issues. I mean shit I got 4 smalls in bucs and sold em all for 2x deed each because of their seclusion.

CRockwell

Post by CRockwell »

Wow thanks for the info. I was hoping to be able to find a house that would allow me to store my pets no problem. I was hoping that the third floor in a tower provided that, sounds like its not. I am curious though how many people grief a tower for pets like they do all the time to my small houses. arrrgghh, well just not worth losing the pets. Thanks for taking the time to explain it to me. Things to consider for sure.

Tony Costa

Post by Tony Costa »

There are no houses that can stop someone from killing your pets. All they have to do is cast EQ over and over until theyre all dead.

Tony Costa

Post by Tony Costa »

There are no houses that can stop someone from killing your pets. All they have to do is cast EQ over and over until theyre all dead.

CRockwell

Post by CRockwell »

odd, because I have seen pets get slaughtered in a keep from someone doing that but the ones that where in the middle of the keep did not get harmed. thanks for the info though, I just hate stables :)-

Tony Costa

Post by Tony Costa »

Well tbh there COULD BE a spot in the middle of the keep that I've never seen before but as a tamer who tames mares and frenzieds all day I dont trust any house to hold them for longer than 15 minutes. I mean hell, you COULD trap people and have a bunch of friends log in blues on their spare accounts and operation hemporer them and teach the griefer a lesson by giving them like 30 counts but setting all that up n having friends actually do it takes time lol and its annoying.

krewlbr

Post by krewlbr »

Glad there is a lot of interest in my post, but tamed animels are not an issue since I have no tamer

Return to “Housing”