NEW GUILD??? PK's

Topics related to Second Age
Warrick

NEW GUILD??? PK's

Post by Warrick »

I wasnt aware that NEW guild are Pk'rs.. Vermillion and Cobra setting a good name at attacking and killing random player. Awesome job guys..

liinniejj

Re: NEW GUILD??? PK's

Post by liinniejj »

hehe yh it's by far no secret anymore:P

Made by Nystal Games, New up and coming indie Developer.

Golden Egg

Post by Golden Egg »

Yep, sure is rotten of them to get fed up with "that random player" who kept calling in PKs to push them out of a hunting area.

[ignorance]Shame on them, I say we burn the heretics and their masters with them.[/ignorance]

Wychethyl

Post by Wychethyl »

I know last night they were helping Gabriella and another who were attacked in side their homes; also our GK was reportedly attacked multiple times with area of effect spells along with several odd PKs visiting repeatedly.

By and large, the guild does not have many blue pks or reds in the ranks now, if any. Most of them have moved onto 247 (an open playstyle guild) or OLD (which contains some who actively hunt reds).

Pringles, the GM, has said repeatedly that NEW members are not to attack reds because it invites reprisal against anyone with a NEW tag, this rule of course applies to blues. It sounds like the line may have been crossed with you, but my guess is you got mixed up in some bitter fighting and were mistaken for a combatant. But I wasn't there

AshBorn
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by AshBorn »

300 People in the guild, youre bound to have a few bad eggs.

Thats not say that those named in this thread are guilty or anything. But that if you have an issue with NEW you should contact Pringles directly instead of flaming the entire guild on the forums.

300 people you cannot really expect some of them not to steal, kill, grief, etc. That would be foolish. All you can do is try your hardest (which I believe Pringles does) to keep it clean and take it all in stride. NEW is what it is.. be more discreet so the rest of the NEW members and Pringles are not thrashed along with the bad seeds. She will do her best to make sure everyone follows the rules.

I've been there, I know.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

If any of you ever played other mmorpg/pvp games, like Shadowbane, Ascherons Call, Darkfall, and even Mortal Online, every successful server/game always has a guild that new players are welcomed to. This helps player population ten fold. Shadowbane, was in my opinion, one of the (if not then the) greatest mmorpg ever made (even moreso then UO), but a problem with it, especially in later years, was that the guilds/nations that welcomed and helped new players started to fall off and quit the game, causing new players to play for a few days/weeks then quit due to not knowing what they were doing and no one teaching them.
My point is, first off, NEW is such a great and valuable asset to this shard, most of you have no idea how much it helps this server.
Secondly, when you have a guild that invites new players, theres going to be some veterans who just want to pk other players that know if they have the "NEW" tags/abbreviation that most other players wont be scared right away and run, and so the veteran makes a new character and joins the NEW guild (this was very common in Shadowbane), so you have to excuse those certain players that do that. Its not NEWs fault, they are just trying to help. Its also silly to complain about getting pkd by 2 NEW players in the forums. Pking happens, deal with it.
Two years ago, I was scammed by one of the most well known people on these forums, a guy who SWEARS up and down that he is so against cheating and that people that use 3rd party programs to win need banned right away etc; This SAME guy ripped me off for 2mil, and he used a speed hack, and 2 thieves to do it. I didnt post on the forums about, and I still refuse to name the guy to this day. Know why? Because, A)Its just bitching and moaning, B)Its pixels, C)He would probably deny it and unless I had a recording of it, its pointless to bring up.
If you get killed by 2 NEW players, sorry about your luck, but its UO, crap happens.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Levi

Post by Levi »

Warrick wrote:I wasnt aware that NEW guild are Pk'rs.. Vermillion and Cobra setting a good name at attacking and killing random player. Awesome job guys..
Warrick,

If you can pm details I will pass them on to pringles as im sure she will deal with this. New guild is having issues with pks and some grief players pretty much camping at the keep and this has made one or two player act rashly and without sanction.

Even Linda should know and accept that NEW guild does not pk, and Linda this might not be the best place to put your comments. Mind you as no one listens to your opinion in game, what option do you have :shock:

Sadistik

Post by Sadistik »

Levi wrote:
Warrick wrote:I wasnt aware that NEW guild are Pk'rs.. Vermillion and Cobra setting a good name at attacking and killing random player. Awesome job guys..
Warrick,

If you can pm details I will pass them on to pringles as im sure she will deal with this. New guild is having issues with pks and some grief players pretty much camping at the keep and this has made one or two player act rashly and without sanction.

Even Linda should know and accept that NEW guild does not pk, and Linda this might not be the best place to put your comments. Mind you as no one listens to your opinion in game, what option do you have :shock:
well they jumped warrick sayin he was womeone else and weh i came to see why "new" guild members were jumping my buddy they then decided to jump me vermillion and cobra and gab healing them wich is the same as jumping someone
Dyx, Your Local Housing Relocation Guild!
Here to sell you housing without the stiff prices!

Sadistik

Post by Sadistik »

my problem with this is iv always given the new guild tag a free slide by where i wouldnt have any other guild tag and the actions are makin me regret that

Levi

Post by Levi »

Sadistik wrote:my problem with this is iv always given the new guild tag a free slide by where i wouldnt have any other guild tag and the actions are makin me regret that
Its not my place to ask around but Pringles is not on right now but It does seem as though something has happened. I will inform Pringles as soon as she is on.

Trouble is because they are new they are often rash with it, for some reason some players then tag all new the same and flame them on the forum. Pringles devotes a lot of time to the guild and I know she will be disappointed by this.

Sadistik

Post by Sadistik »

Levi wrote:
Sadistik wrote:my problem with this is iv always given the new guild tag a free slide by where i wouldnt have any other guild tag and the actions are makin me regret that
Its not my place to ask around but Pringles is not on right now but It does seem as though something has happened. I will inform Pringles as soon as she is on.

Trouble is because they are new they are often rash with it, for some reason some players then tag all new the same and flame them on the forum. Pringles devotes a lot of time to the guild and I know she will be disappointed by this.

the people mentioned in this arnt actually new to game

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

This I agree with Sadistik. I have also given the NEW guild freebies on my pk when running around the world looking for murderous adventure. Technically, every person I kill, I res and I dont loot 99% of the time anyways but still, NEW guys, I never even attcked, used to let them run free. I wont do that anymore from what it sounds like, too many vets disguised as a NEW player.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Galendae
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Galendae »

I joined New for the free stuff, not the drama!

SirRobin

Post by SirRobin »

I don't know the whole story. But I will say that NEW contains a vast majority of players that are indeed new to this server and are just trying to learn the ropes, create characters, and build up a little money to do things such as place a small house.

AshBorn
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by AshBorn »

Well what I say to the people that want to PK them or have been refraining, just look at what they're doing.

If they are hunting ratmen, they are probably not Vets disguised as NEW.

If they are EVing balrons, lay waste to them! lol

If its an obvious noob then be cool about it.. kill and res and give them loot back or dont kill at all...

I do understand that clubbing baby seals is pretty god damn fun and does release a lot of stress.. so maybe just do it seldom? :P