Trophy/Silver Turn-In System (DATED)

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
virtue

Re: Guide : Trophy Turn-In System

Post by virtue »

I have question.

So what's up with trophy's?

I won a CTF and got a single silver coin, is this the same thing as a "one point trophy"?

Can someone explain this to me please.

virtue

Post by virtue »

Derrick, I propose lowering the amount of points required for a "Beard sculping and style deed" to 25 points...

Maybe even 5, afterall it's just a simple shave. It's not like it's neon hair or a name change.

50 points for a ranger piece, why would someone chose beard shave?

Let's lower it!

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

virtue wrote:I have question.

So what's up with trophy's?

I won a CTF and got a single silver coin, is this the same thing as a "one point trophy"?

Can someone explain this to me please.
Here's the current scoop on the silver:
Subject: What are silver coins for and worth?
Derrick wrote:I've been meaning to put up a post about the silver coins. I had intended to do some of the implementation of the new system before an announcement.

The scheme here is that we are hoping to create a new item vendor to be placed in one of the event join areas that operates on silver. We'd also like to have the vendors redeem the existing trophies for silver. This will cut down on item count quite a bit, and make redemption's much easier for players and staff; while still allowing players to keep their more prized trophies.

The idea has been a redemption value of two silver coins per trophy, and the prices on the hypothetical vendor would reflect those values. We may adjust some of the costs of reward items as well though when the vendor is created.
We'll accept two silver towards one trophy in value pending getting the vendor set up, which was anticipated to have been done by now but it may still be a little longer.
virtue wrote:Derrick, I propose lowering the amount of points required for a "Beard sculping and style deed" to 25 points...

Maybe even 5, afterall it's just a simple shave. It's not like it's neon hair or a name change.

50 points for a ranger piece, why would someone chose beard shave?

Let's lower it!
Actually, no one has ever redeemed for ranger armor, but they have for beard creme. This values are loosely based (comparatively at least) on the trade in values OSI used for the Clean Up Britannia System.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

virtue

Post by virtue »

Sounds confusing...

So with silver can we get everything we can get using trophies?

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

a silver coin is exactly one half point
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Flash Hardstar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Flash Hardstar »

and raw toxic had a rare stack of 35 silver coins :( poor guy lol
Red wrote:Kill Flash, and I'm going to bet that his loot is worth more than 2k.

virtue

Post by virtue »

I think silver coins should be worth 1 point.

1. To take away confusion.
2. Why not
3. It takes too long to acquire 25 silver as it is!

Flower

Post by Flower »

It would be great to get a point for just participating, because people that just suck at pvp will never get enough winning points, and I haven’t seen any pvm events in a very long time maybe I am missing them? It would get a lot more people participating and I know there are people that will say “People will just stand there” but I think it would help people to learn and knowing that you will get at least something would make it worth it.

virtue

Re: Guide to Trophies and what to do with them

Post by virtue »

Khronus wrote:Derrick you think we could get "Interior Decoration Tool" for maybe 50 or 75 points? would be a very useful reward...
Exactly, why are we having neon colored sandals and not something actually useful like this?

Neon sandals now makes this server technically not t2a accurate.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Guide to Trophies and what to do with them

Post by GuardianKnight »

virtue wrote:
Khronus wrote:Derrick you think we could get "Interior Decoration Tool" for maybe 50 or 75 points? would be a very useful reward...
Exactly, why are we having neon colored sandals and not something actually useful like this?

Neon sandals now makes this server technically not t2a accurate.
Because the decorator brings in a few more bugs that would need fixed and it's era inaccurate . Sandals are clothes that do nothing.

Anyone else remember using the decoration tool to raise chess pieces out of the board and get a USED bubble? Think you could also lock your stuff in your pack at that time and then raise it out which did something i can't remember. I know there were a few people running around with blessed everythign fo ra lil while.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Lothain

Post by Lothain »

Since when did Uniques take 500 points? Last I checked they took 200? Is this in anticipation of altered point costs due to silver event coins?

Caswallon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Caswallon »

Since GuardianKnight started paying 18k per point, despite the fact points should have dropped from 15kpp to about 12kpp due to the introduction of silver?
?

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

When someone wants something bad enough, they pay an extreme price.

I didn't pay 18k until i needed 20 more....everyone makes it seem crazy but it was a speed method that works.

The price should have gone down shortly after but a few people were following my lead but started sooner than the last 20.

Being that half my choices were turned down and I eventually had to settle on a 4th pick each time, i really didn't think it was worth all the trouble.

My example for "wow a unique rare" was something like Blackfoot's giant bath house bucket, but after gathering the points it felt like nothing like that was gettable anymore.

The Unique system puts people in their " imagination of great things" mode but kicks you in the a$$ when the actual day comes....it's like the disappointment of Christmas when you find out that Santa is just your dad or that your aunt doesn't ever bring you what you want after asking you directly if you want something specific.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Lothain

Post by Lothain »

Let's not forget that a unique rare system is something inherently "first come, first serve," and so favors early players like Blackfoot. I think there are still plenty of very cool rares, though--in fact I'm certain of it, ;).

dexter4321

Post by dexter4321 »

Caswallon wrote:Since GuardianKnight started paying 18k per point, despite the fact points should have dropped from 15kpp to about 12kpp due to the introduction of silver?
No. Price of points are not going to drop just because silver points were implemented. There is many reasons for this but another one may be it is not easy to get silver coins being that there isn't as nearly as many events you could win them in like there use to be (referring to regular trophy points and almost a year ago). I think it's cool they stick to the event schedule for the most part which keeps the value of the points high. Just because a half point system was made doesn't mean that the trophy point value will lower at all. They are still in high demand and there just isn't enough points going around as it, this is nothing new. Therefore points will not decrease like you say they should.

Return to “Guides”