Trammy PvP League

Topics related to Second Age
Capitalist

Trammy PvP League

Post by Capitalist »

TPL! I'm curious if the richest of the rich would be willing to put forth substantial sums of money as an entry fee to what would essentially draw the best PvP on the shard. While a few of the richest on this shard can't really PvP, I think they'd join just for the exposure. However, the best of the best on this shard are all rich, and those who aren't currently gold rich can come up with the money rather easily. Given that this league would entail a great sum of money and high level PvP, I imagine that coverage would be necessary. Thus, I would make write-ups summarizing two or three of the best fights of the week, have a viewer encouraged format (loser brackets etc), and have a referee and myself record most fights. Videos of PvP alone would be worth the event IMO. Since only the long time most active players play in the summer, the event rewards those who truly love UOSA.

Example:
16 players
castle deed entry fee
8 mill first place
4 mill second place
2 mill third place
castle deed back fourth place
rest of the money towards the pvp gear that would be supplied for every fight (bunch of premade bags)
specific rules
etc

Before there are any unwarranted questions of the integrity of the hypothetical tournament, please consider that this will be all confirmed over the forums.

Yes, I know there are a lot of tournaments popping up recently. I'd also get together to have discussions with the staff about possible silver. The point of the tournament is not only high level and high stakes, but to eliminate the flaky and uncommitted attitude that a lot of players have towards these free tournaments.

Thoughts?
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Peetrik

Re: Trammy PvP League

Post by Peetrik »

The thing about UO is this, riches does not equal greatness. UO is skill based, not riches.

Riches ≠ Good at PVP

Yxven

Post by Yxven »

I'm all for rich people killing each other.

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

I will ...... ummmm ....... hold the 16 castle deeds in escrow ....... yes ummm escrow ...... until the competition is completed. I'm a giver, that's just how I roll.

Sadistik

Post by Sadistik »

could the uber rich maybee sponsor someone to join? if they themselves cant pvp the best like how would they say it all midevil and stuff hmmm you know a pinch hitter basically

and since this is a richy rich tourney would all items be allowed? let the rich show off who has the best gear to play with?
Dyx, Your Local Housing Relocation Guild!
Here to sell you housing without the stiff prices!

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Nope, basic duel league. As far as subbing players, that's based on the rich person. And I know that rich =/= good at PvP, but that's the majority case on this shard since the best PvPers have been around a long time.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

If people don't want to be in a PvP League with zero rewards, then its probably not a worthwhile idea. If it can't stand on its own and requires a carrot dangled in front of their nose, its probably a waste of time.

In the end, the generous will become poor and the idea will collapse as its simply not sustainable.

I have zero interest in giving my money away for an unsustainable pipe dream.

Anywho, if people would like to have duels and run CTF's and whatnot, lemme know. I ain't givin' ya millions. Your reward will be having some fun with others in a game.

-L/S
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Lepidus

Post by Lepidus »

Sadistik wrote:could the uber rich maybee sponsor someone to join? if they themselves cant pvp the best like how would they say it all midevil and stuff hmmm you know a pinch hitter basically

and since this is a richy rich tourney would all items be allowed? let the rich show off who has the best gear to play with?
Haven't you watched Game of Thrones man? You can choose your champion to represent you and receive the King's Justice.