Few Questions! :D

Topics related to Second Age
FisuUOSA

Few Questions! :D

Post by FisuUOSA »

Hey all, I have a few questions.

1) Deeds add-ons such as forges, anvils, looms, etc can work as barriers in houses? Could I replace my tables for a forge and an anvil for example?

2) I Decided to start my own crafter, actually 2 crafters, but for the moment im skilling one at time. Question is: Which is the most efficient way of mining? I couldn't find much info about this. My guess is to raise magery to recall without fizzle and create runebooks with mining spots and keep on mining and recalling between places, but for weight matters I would need to smelt my ores quite frequently. Should I mine, go to a forge, smelt, then mine again and repeat?
Where can I find public forges near mountains, like the one at Britain in the road to Skara Brae?

3) To make trapped boxed without getting counts, I should trap them in the floor of a house that im owner or co-owner/friend?

4) Anyway to fasten lockpicking skill beyond 95%? Is there something that can make me fail more? I heard something about using plate gloves, but didn't tried yet? Does it work?
Thats all, thanks!
Last edited by FisuUOSA on Fri May 24, 2013 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ulfrigg

Re: Few Questions! :D

Post by Ulfrigg »

Nr1 = yes

Nr3 = i Think you need to be owner or co owner? not sure on that

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

FisuUOSA wrote:Hey all, I have a few questions.
1) Deeds add-ons such as forges, anvils, looms, etc can work as barriers in houses? Could I replace my tables for a forge and an anvil for example?
2) I Decided to start my own crafter, actually 2 crafters, but for the moment im skilling one at time. Question is: Which is the most efficient way of mining? I couldn't find much info about this. My guess is to raise magery to recall without fizzle and create runebooks with mining spots and keep on mining and recalling between places, but for weight matters I would need to smelt my ores quite frequently. Should I mine, go to a forge, smelt, then mine again and repeat?
Where can I find public forges near mountains, like the one at Britain in the road to Skara Brae?
3) To make trapped boxed without getting counts, I should trap them in the floor of a house that im owner or co-owner/friend?
4) Anyway to fasten lockpicking skill beyond 95%? Is there something that can make me fail more? I heard something about using plate gloves, but didn't tried yet? Does it work?
Thats all, thanks!
Yes. Also you can place a trash barrel [owner only] each time you go past.

There is a set of books at TSV [see sig] for mining, I believe most are in caves/along mountains where there are public
forges. You can also use scrolls with less failures, till you get your magery up, or start with 50 magery

To not et a count, you have to be at least friended.

To go from 95-100 GM lockpicking you will have to pick dungeon chests. There is also
a book at TSV for 95-GM LPing. Use or make a copy. You will need 1000 or so attempts to GM, includes fails.

Good luck!
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12

The oOo

Post by The oOo »

Regarding mining...this helped immensely!! *not my trick I just read it somewhere*

You can mine with multiple shovels at once and speed up skill gains alot...

make a razor macro like this using 5 shovels.

Dblclick Shovel [by type]
wait for target
target [change to relative location] *target the mountain tile next to you*
Pause .80sec [800]
wait for target
Pause .80sec [800]
wait for target
Pause .80sec [800]
wait for target
Pause .80sec [800]
wait for target
Pause .80sec [800]
{check loop}

you wont regret it!
oOOoOoo Ooo Oo OOoOoo oOo

Ulfrigg

Post by Ulfrigg »

There is a forge at the biggest mining Cave in game, North of britt.

FisuUOSA

Post by FisuUOSA »

Thanks Orion,I'll go visit the TSV to copy those mining places. I'll be trying that macro also, The oOo, looks waaaay better than my zero-knowledge-of-razor macro.
As for lockpicking I have all covered, just was wondering, after reading something about using gloves, if I could make myself fail more when picking, and thus making my gains faster.

Thanks everyone for your answers.

GeistSR

Post by GeistSR »

The gloves would lower your Dex, which could slightly lower your total lockpicking skill and maybe increase your chance to gain marginally. Other than that, nothing proven about them speeding it up.

Yxven

Post by Yxven »

I played around with this. Wearing plate mail or casting clumsy doesn't adjust your skills at all, so wearing plate mail gloves should make no difference. I seem to remember your gloves mattering on osi servers, but that was way after t2a.

The only trick to gaining lockpicking is to lock your dex at 10, so you can get lockpicking slightly higher before being forced to go to dungeons to raise it. This will take you to 94.9 real skill.

Also, back in the day, I always mined on a boat. The benefit of a boat is that you can stack ore on the boat without fear of anyone stealing it (as long as you keep that side of the boat facing the mountain).

Jakob

Post by Jakob »

FisuUOSA wrote:
No, this wont work!

The UOSA wiki and other guides says you need to be in a house which you're at least befriended to. BUT! It didn't work for me when I was co-owner. I didn't care about the counts so I didn't investigate further, but someone said it only works if you're a friend of the house.
Lankgord: Hello. I'm New To The Server. Any Drama Going On Lately?

[20:38] <newYorK>i love how franz is in game robbing me while im reading his comic
[20:38] <newYorK> priceless

FisuUOSA

Post by FisuUOSA »

Oh well, I've got to try then!
Thanks!