Here are some suggestions for fairness.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
JoeCannibis

Here are some suggestions for fairness.

Post by JoeCannibis »

I am in no way bitching in this thread.
Please don't take it as such.
Admin or Mods- Please PM me once this message is read?

Here goes.
Greater Heal....through poison. I do not recall being able to do this, nor do the other 9-11 people I talked to. It makes PVP unbalanced and much more difficult then it should be. Its kind've a bug.

Vanq Axe + Ebolts = Disruption factors....can Greater Heal even be disrupted or made to fizzle?

I just believe you should tone down those points in the game, and everything will work out fine. But with the first note, how can you look at t he pvp and say its better when one spell used most often now does nothing to help?

Thanks

Dick Cheney

Re: Here are some suggestions for fairness.

Post by Dick Cheney »

I don't know if healing though poison is era accurate or not, but it is incredibily lame and stupid.

Fixing this will just cause people to carry a ton of cure pots, but still...

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

JoeCannibis wrote: Here goes.
Greater Heal....through poison. I do not recall being able to do this, nor do the other 9-11 people I talked to. It makes PVP unbalanced and much more difficult then it should be. Its kind've a bug.
Always possible during T2A.
JoeCannibis wrote: Vanq Axe + Ebolts = Disruption factors....can Greater Heal even be disrupted or made to fizzle?
Learn the rules to disruption here (there's a good thread somewhere on the forums, try searching), but to sum it up, offensive spell damage is delayed so you need to interrupt with clumsy, feeblemind, or weaken. Harm is also alright. Weapons work for interrupts, and other spells CAN interrupt, but you need to time it right (since damage is delayed, the interrupt would be delayed along with it)
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Dick Cheney

Post by Dick Cheney »

Does weaken disrupt every time (assuming it is timed right)?

Badea

Post by Badea »

RoadKill wrote:
JoeCannibis wrote: Here goes.
Always possible during T2A.
To be honest, I don't remember this either. What I do remember is that a DP trapped chest was one of the funniest things in the game to watch. You absolutely couldn't heal yourself and Greater Cure wasn't assured either. If the victim didn't have a GM Mage handy to cure him, he was surely dead in a few seconds.

I played from 2nd day of public lease through early 2000s on LS and with all the changes that happened constantly, I don't know how anyone can now say with certainty what was "during T2A" and what wasn't. Unless it's documented somewhere and specifically states it.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Not being able to heal though poison was introduced Mar 27 2000, just a couple weeks before UO:R
http://update.uo.com/design_159.html
You will not be able to heal a poisoned character through any method (healing skill, spells, potions, etc.) until they are first cured of the poison.
We don't support any OSI patches to combat or spell mechanics post-December 1999

Badea

Post by Badea »

Derrick wrote:Not being able to heal though poison was introduced Mar 27 2000, just a couple weeks before UO:R
http://update.uo.com/design_159.html
You will not be able to heal a poisoned character through any method (healing skill, spells, potions, etc.) until they are first cured of the poison.
We don't support any OSI patches to combat or spell mechanics post-December 1999
Derrick,

Just for curiosity sake...what were the official start and end dates of T2A?

Faust

Post by Faust »

There are documented patch notes from the very first day of Ulitma Online to this very current day. The features you are speaking of are UOR mechanics. This is a t2a shard and anything out of era will not be added to the server. I'm still shocked after reading this thread that some people even thinks not healing through poison could even be considered as an old school game mechanic.

Patches that lead up the UOR Publish:
http://wiki.uosecondage.com/index.php?t ... atch_Notes

Rest of the patches with UOR to current day:
http://update.uo.com/latest.html

UOR publish that killed UO:
http://update.uo.com/design_196.html

UOR publish includes the "healing through poison" feature that is being discussed here. Lumberjacking bonuses to weapons are also in this particular patch, and just about every major change to combat from t2a to UOR.

The second age era ran from late '98 to early '00 before the UOR publish.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Badea wrote:Derrick,

Just for curiosity sake...what were the official start and end dates of T2A?
Began sometime in October of 1998, whenever the release date for the boxed version was, there's no Patch date in OSI archives. Renaissance Publish was Apr 28 2000.

There were a lot of changes prior to UO:R release in 2000 that generally are viewed as UO:R features such as disarm, housing changes, and as above the inability to heal through poison. We therefore have set an absolute cutoff date for most mechanics as Jan 1, 2000.

Badea

Post by Badea »

Faust wrote:There are documented patch notes from the very first day of Ulitma Online to this very current day. The features you are speaking of are UOR mechanics. This is a t2a shard and anything out of era will not be added to the server. I'm still shocked after reading this thread that some people even thinks not healing through poison could even be considered as an old school game mechanic.

Patches that lead up the UOR Publish:
http://wiki.uosecondage.com/index.php?t ... atch_Notes

Rest of the patches with UOR to current day:
http://update.uo.com/latest.html

UOR publish that killed UO:
http://update.uo.com/design_196.html

UOR publish includes the "healing through poison" feature that is being discussed here. Lumberjacking bonuses to weapons are also in this particular patch, and just about every major change to combat from t2a to UOR.

The second age era ran from late '98 to early '00 before the UOR publish.
Hmmm, Faust, I'm not advocating any changes at all. I'll never do that, I was just commenting that I didn't remember it being possible to heal through poison. But with that said, I'm a product of Southern Public Education, so with that mind, from reading what you wrote, you don't seem to be saying the same thing that Derrick is saying. In fact, you seem to be contradicting him...with my limited understanding of the written language that is.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Derrick and I pretty much said the same thing. What is contradicting?

Badea

Post by Badea »

Faust wrote:I'm still shocked after reading this thread that some people even thinks not healing through poison could even be considered as an old school game mechanic.
Well, words mean things.

What you've written here seems to clearly indicate that one COULD NOT heal through poison. Otherwise there would be no need for the juxtaposition of "healing through poison" and your comment of "old school game mechanic". Perhaps what you meant to say was that "I'm shocked that anyone wouldn't consider the ability to heal through poison to be old school...". But, that's not what you wrote.

On the other hand, Derrick is saying that prior to the 2000 patch it was entirely possible to heal through poison and it was only AFTER the 2000 patch that characters could no longer heal themselves without first curing the poison.

So, the contradiction.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Faust wrote:UOR publish includes the "healing through poison" feature that is being discussed here.
The healing through poison feature being discussed here that people are talking about is not being able to heal through poison... The UOR publish ended the ability to be able to heal through poison...

keijar

Post by keijar »

Healing through poison was definitely in game...used to be a fairly common tactic to drink a lesser poison to keep from getting deadly poisoned in a duel/pk situation (poisons wouldn't override at the time...went with initial poisoning strength) and just In Vas Mani through it.

Badea

Post by Badea »

Faust wrote:
Faust wrote:UOR publish includes the "healing through poison" feature that is being discussed here.
The healing through poison feature being discussed here that people are talking about is not being able to heal through poison... The UOR publish ended the ability to be able to heal through poison...
Well, we're in complete agreement that Derrick stated that the UO:R patch ended the ability to heal through poison...what you wrote and continue to write though, just makes me scratch my head.

It must be because english is my second language and my aforementioned handicap of being a product of Southern public education.

Take care, Faust.