count from attack a pet?

Moderator: Support Moderators

Dick Cheney

count from attack a pet?

Post by Dick Cheney »

If you attack someone's pet (so you flag grey), then they attack you and you kill them, can you get a count?

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: count from attack a pet?

Post by RoadKill »

Dick Cheney wrote:If you attack someone's pet (so you flag grey), then they attack you and you kill them, can you get a count?
Nope, because they initiated combat with you, you were just flagged
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Dick Cheney

Post by Dick Cheney »

RoadKill wrote:
Dick Cheney wrote:If you attack someone's pet (so you flag grey), then they attack you and you kill them, can you get a count?
Nope, because they initiated combat with you, you were just flagged
Okay, good to know. But now I have no idea where this count came from :(

Faust

Post by Faust »

A few days ago on the day of that scavenger event I blue pk'd an individual for my first time on here. I ended up with 2 short term murders and 1 long term. It isn't even possible for your short terms to ever exceed your long terms. I have no idea what happened with this incident.

Dick Cheney

Post by Dick Cheney »

wow that is buggy for sure.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Aye it does sound like a bug. I'm looking into this.

Faust

Post by Faust »

My incident didn't involve any pets though. However, I did attack and kill someone that was in the thieves guild that was perma grey. I also killed this person a couple more times since thieves can't report a murder. This possibly could have contributed to the extra count some how maybe? It's just weird that the extra count was tallied onto the short and not the long too...

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

So you're saying you feel the short term count was correct, you just are missing a long?

That would be more comforting to me to hear. I'm not at all sure yet what could case this, but hopefully I will discover it before shard restart.

Thanks.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Oh, no. The extra short term can't be correct. That was the first time that I ever took a count on that character. I ended up with 2 short term and 1 long term counts. I only mentioned the thief situation that happened during that same time, because possibly the bug is invovled with thieves being able to give a count when they shouldn't be, maybe? I mostly just threw everything out there involving the situation to give as much detail for the incident as possible to get the problem corrected.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I've looked into this quite a bit. I have found a loophole that would potentially allow a long term to decay prior to a short term if your long term count had been zero prior to obtaining two murder counts within the 8 hours prior to shard restart.

Beyond this possible explaination I can see no way for you to have gotten an Extra murder count. The only place a count can be obtined is by someone pressing yes on a report murderer menu. Thives guild members, even members that are suspended from the thieves guild will never get this option.

My best guess is that you unknowingly damaged someone, that led to a murder report. If this doesn't seem possible i'll investigate further, but I am certain as this point there is no way to get a short term count without being reported.

Faust

Post by Faust »

That sounds very reasonable now that you mention this. Perhaps I did have a previous murder that I don't remember committing or being a mistake possibly. If it was in fact a bug it isn't that big of a deal to me regardless. Having another 8 hours is nothing.

Return to “New Player Help”