A part of the game you say ??

Topics related to Second Age
MajesticWire

A part of the game you say ??

Post by MajesticWire »

What do you guys think about this?

I know there is a tread about this but never saw it on a video.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40876&start=45

I also know what the staff says - > "That is a part of the game" but honestly as much as i love UO and hate dieing, what i hate the most is people that sucks to the game and have to use some wack ass game error/bug after getting their ass wooped is just pathetic.

watch in fullscreen 720p.

Whats not shown in the video is my pk died to this at first. sad yep.
I keep my loot and head thou.

I honestly tought i forgot to lock the door but then again Dump and dumper came back and did it again.

Tower/patio/small houses not safe
oh well
To the keep ! or maby just log out of the game ? thats defently good for the server.
Last edited by MajesticWire on Fri May 10, 2013 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Sir, we're surrounded!” - “Excellent. Now we can attack in any direction!”

Majestic YouTube Channel
A Ulitma Online channel a tribute to Ultima Online! The Best game ever made.
https://www.youtube.com/user/MajesticUOIPY

Vega/Delo

Re: A part of the game you say ??

Post by Vega/Delo »

Yea easily ided as [PL] Hax and King, wow watching the video makes me sick. Sorry that happened, and that nothing will be done.

Ulfrigg

Post by Ulfrigg »

I agree its bull shit but according to the gms this can be done on all servers so.
To me it seems houses Close to ocean seems to be most insecure, while the land houses still have spots of security.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

Castles, Towers, and Keeps have floor tiles that allow you to target through them.

ALL other houses are able to be targeted depending on the elevation of your character in relation to the person in the house. You can shoot up and through the floors of ANY HOUSE IN THIS GAME.

So if you're by water or hills, it does NOT MATTER what kind of house you have.

There are safe tiles in houses, but it is dependent on the terrain around the home, size of the home, and security of courtyards.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Francois424
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Francois424 »

I never knew UO had bugs like this.
Too bad it wont be fixed, ever (even tho I'd like them to be) !

:lol:

Stephen83084

Post by Stephen83084 »

If you want a house safe just make sure that the land around it is 100% leveled. If it makes you feel any better I did fight Hax and King today and killed kings red and blue with some WWs :wink: . They got me back thou when my computer lock up and had to reboot. For whatever reason this game makes my computer lock up once in awhile :(

If you need just an afk house I could find a spot for you that is safe there is alot out there it would be a 7 by 7 thou.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

Stephen83084 wrote:If you want a house safe just make sure that the land around it is 100% leveled. If it makes you feel any better I did fight Hax and King today and killed kings red and blue with some WWs :wink: . They got me back thou when my computer lock up and had to reboot. For whatever reason this game makes my computer lock up once in awhile :(

If you need just an afk house I could find a spot for you that is safe there is alot out there it would be a 7 by 7 thou.
This game wreaks havoc on my computer. Not sure why.

Wydstrin

Post by Wydstrin »

run as admin, and set compatability mode

Populus

Post by Populus »

I can't believe you've missed all the LOS threads on the forums.

Simply don't AFK in a house where the ground is not level around.
ImageImageImage
[cA]

Arsen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arsen »

what a dramatic vid, i love it. the music is perfect. good choose. it was like reading some ole stephen king
[22:00:50] <@Dupre> arsen isnt raging, hes jsut german, it just sounds taht way
[22:00:58] <@Dupre> hes actually very calm and gentle
[22:03:54] <@Dupre> arsen is also the best player here

MajesticWire

Post by MajesticWire »

Populus wrote:I can't believe you've missed all the LOS threads on the forums.

Simply don't AFK in a house where the ground is not level around.
I saw all those post but i
cant even see the ground is leveled where i live. and i just tought that when mister kister can stand afk in his little house on GY and malice in his patio then we must be safe to..
but i tought wrong.

Ive been lookin into this issue.. and talked to a few GMs from other shards and many many old UO veterans..
This is aperently a runuo issue it is not something all UO shard have.. and it can 100% be fixed.

Playing on many shards over the years never came across a post or anything remotely like this ..

I know many other bugs that have been used but this with the special tiles and level ground. Never.

Majestic YouTube Channel

Wazza

Post by Wazza »

Holy SHIT! Explotion pots can wall hack ! wow thats great.. JUST EPIC.. good job Derrik.

MajesticWire

Post by MajesticWire »

Light Shade wrote:Castles, Towers, and Keeps have floor tiles that allow you to target through them.

ALL other houses are able to be targeted depending on the elevation of your character in relation to the person in the house. You can shoot up and through the floors of ANY HOUSE IN THIS GAME.

So if you're by water or hills, it does NOT MATTER what kind of house you have.

There are safe tiles in houses, but it is dependent on the terrain around the home, size of the home, and security of courtyards.

everyone knows that ONLY the centre of a tile in a small house is the safe place and if someone kills you there, then they are usually exploiting with some bug.. I think saying that it is era accurate is just a way of not bothering to fix it. Era accuracy is meant for things like spells, pet follower limits, etc.. it's not era accurate to be able to kill someone on that tile.. they 100% did not want this back then. cuz its SO SO obvious that it ruins the game.
Force people to log out of the game or start checking for those tiles to make sure house is secure is not a good thing. come on also take in consideration that most players are just playing the game and is not trying to exploite and find loopholes.

Majestic YouTube Channel

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

MajesticWire wrote:everyone knows that ONLY the centre of a tile in a small house is the safe place and if someone kills you there, then they are usually exploiting with some bug.. I think saying that it is era accurate is just a way of not bothering to fix it. Era accuracy is meant for things like spells, pet follower limits, etc.. it's not era accurate to be able to kill someone on that tile.. they 100% did not want this back then. cuz its SO SO obvious that it ruins the game.
Force people to log out of the game or start checking for those tiles to make sure house is secure is not a good thing. come on also take in consideration that most players are just playing the game and is not trying to exploite and find loopholes.
This has all been discussed in 30+ page long threads where even I got rather nasty about it while taking your side of the argument.

I don't like it. I think it recreates a gameplay environment that never actually was. Granted, the fact that it never existed was due to player ignorance of the possibility and OSI Staff Policy on such things, but we all know this shard doesn't follow OSI Policies. Regardless, it is what it is and you should conduct yourself accordingly. Learn to play with it. Everyone else has.

Bottom Line: Its here to stay because it was mechanically possible during the era. Carry on.

MajesticWire

Post by MajesticWire »

Light Shade wrote:
MajesticWire wrote:everyone knows that ONLY the centre of a tile in a small house is the safe place and if someone kills you there, then they are usually exploiting with some bug.. I think saying that it is era accurate is just a way of not bothering to fix it. Era accuracy is meant for things like spells, pet follower limits, etc.. it's not era accurate to be able to kill someone on that tile.. they 100% did not want this back then. cuz its SO SO obvious that it ruins the game.
This has all been discussed in 30+ page long threads where even I got rather nasty about it while taking your side of the argument.

I don't like it. I think it recreates a gameplay environment that never actually was. Granted, the fact that it never existed was due to player ignorance of the possibility and OSI Staff Policy on such things, but we all know this shard doesn't follow OSI Policies. Regardless, it is what it is and you should conduct yourself accordingly. Learn to play with it. Everyone else has.

Bottom Line: Its here to stay because it was mechanically possible during the era. Carry on.

Learn to play with it rofl... a bug like this makes people quit. getting told that it is here to stay makes people quit Deal with that..

No server should have exploites like this. its just damn retarded nothing else.. and the fact that its not like this on most UO shards proves that its a failure even more..
No good can come from this at all. and even thou people might not have found this bug due to player ignorance its still a bug and exploite - this can't be disconsion.

Its here to stay, maby majestic is not.

Majestic YouTube Channel