Eating

Moderator: Support Moderators

Leerix

Eating

Post by Leerix »

Does eating food to full help skill up quicker? (some reason i thought i remember it doing that)

second question is Dex suppose to skill up while skilling up hiding? and does hiding raise faster out of town than in, or does it not matter?

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Eating

Post by RoadKill »

Food helps with stamina regen, and solely that.

Dex will go up with hiding, it's just a bit slow. Hiding will raise the same anywhere but in a house that you own (or are friended/co-owned to.. in which case you'll get no gains after 10 skill)
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Dick Cheney

Post by Dick Cheney »

snooping raises dex fairly fast

Eaglestaff

Post by Eaglestaff »

I remember the consensus on Great lakes seemed to be that being well fed improves overall performance, thus increases skill raises because you will pass more skill checks and passing a skill check yields better gains than failing it. I plan on testing this when the time comes to train my dexer on another dexer and will let you know. Food is easy to get w fishing.

Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Teknix »

Eaglestaff wrote:I remember the consensus on Great lakes seemed to be that being well fed improves overall performance, thus increases skill raises because you will pass more skill checks and passing a skill check yields better gains than failing it. I plan on testing this when the time comes to train my dexer on another dexer and will let you know. Food is easy to get w fishing.
i think everybody just 'played it safe' and that attitude perpetuated through the years. i always questioned my buddies about the subject, but would always eat my fish steaks during powerhour or while 8x8'ing.

eating doesn't matter in the end
chumbucket wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:chum RPs a thief
Roleplays?!?

Faust

Post by Faust »

Food only regenerates stamina on here currently. The nature of food is suppose to be a little further than that. Having a higher hunger status helped regenerate health quicker and if I'm not mistaken stamina too. This is also listed in the UO Guide that came with the t2a package. I have also seen comments from Devs on UOHOC chat logs confirming this nature. However, when it comes to skill gains it bares no effect. This was also confirmed by the devs in the UOHOC chat logs. Eating has no effect on skill gains on here or back then on OSI.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Aye, there is a reference in the playguide indicating an increase in passive hit point regeneration when fed. There was an understanding in era, although not proven that being "overfed" negated this effect. I've also heard rumor though that this was never actually implemented. I've also heard rumor that sitting down increased stamina regeneration. I'd love to see something that substantiated this but really haven't had anything solid to go on so presently there is no regeneration bonus for being fed, or for sitting.

Faust

Post by Faust »

When I go to lunch I will retrieve the UOHOC chat log that comments about food.

Edit: Here is some UOHOC chat logs related to this topic.
January 14, 1999
Glamdring - *Aena* Would it be possible to put to rest all the discussions on food? Does food have any impact on skill gain, and sucess rates for smithing, etc?
DesignerD - Being full makes your regen rates for hps and stamina faster. I am not sure it affects mana regen rate. It does NOT affect skill gain or success rates.
August 26, 1999
Glamdring - *chaos23* ok...I think people needs to know this, what is the excact effect of eating food, does it increase skill gain?...enhance combat?...or what?
toad - It allows you to regain stamina faster
toad - as well as hitpoints
SunSword - (that's it)

Klavis Verge

Post by Klavis Verge »

Yes sitting down would somewhat noticeably help back in the day, and eating surely did heal a little HP, though minimal compared to healing. Also sleeping in an inn or on a bedroll would regen certain things once upon a time.
IF YOUR MONITOR SUPPORTS 1280X1024 then JOIN THE ELITE EXPERIENCE viewtopic.php?f=11&t=42397

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Sitting down would also include being mounted right?
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Return to “New Player Help”