MOBs in houses

Topics related to Second Age
KWK
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

MOBs in houses

Post by KWK »

Is there a reason players are trapping mobs in there house and leaving them there? I noticed when hunting today several houses have trapped air eles and orcs in the house. I remember back in the day players said if you trapped a mob in your house and kept it there for a long time the loot would increase? I do not know if that is true because I have not done it. Anyone with info on this I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Francois424
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: MOBs in houses

Post by Francois424 »

Well, I know mobs that cast spells are great for gaining free Resisting Spells; if only a tad dangerous.
Then again you could be naked, macroing healing from band-aids that are on floor/table next to you, so even if mob kills, free resisting spells, nothing lost.

As for Orcs, not sure. Maybe for raising skills like anatomy, eval-int, and others... Not to mention, perfect for training skills (step back when hurt to heal).

Missy B

Post by Missy B »

Because they dont know you can Gm most of your skills in 24 hours on a hired NPC.

The oOo

Post by The oOo »

I've been playing peekaboo with 3 wisps in my house for the last few days to gain resist...works great and its almost free!

before that I had a giant spider for its poisoning so I could macro healing from 60 to 80...that worked great too!
oOOoOoo Ooo Oo OOoOoo oOo

Francois424
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Francois424 »

Can you hire mage-NPCs ?

player 1

Post by player 1 »

Francois424 wrote:Can you hire mage-NPCs ?
Yes, and they are also the best to train your fighting skills on.

KWK
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by KWK »

So I am guessing loot does not increase over time?

Francois424
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Francois424 »

player 1 wrote:
Francois424 wrote:Can you hire mage-NPCs ?
Yes, and they are also the best to train your fighting skills on.
Where from ?

And btw KWK, I've never heard that loot increased overtime.
That's news to me if it does.

KWK
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by KWK »

Rumor was back in the day after a mob spawned everyday it survived the amount of gold and items would increase. I just remember on OSI during t2a a friend of mine trapped an orc lord for 5 days and after that we killed him and got more loot than normal I recall than you would at the time. Possibly coincidence but possibly not?

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

KWK wrote:Rumor was back in the day after a mob spawned everyday it survived the amount of gold and items would increase. I just remember on OSI during t2a a friend of mine trapped an orc lord for 5 days and after that we killed him and got more loot than normal I recall than you would at the time. Possibly coincidence but possibly not?
This was 100% true, at least during pre-T2A days. I remember specifically trapping elementals in houses to kill them for this reason. Any stackables would grow over time. Running around you use to see people with 10s of 1000s of low level scrolls from this exploit.
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Silver serpents in a small would be the best defense system ever.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

ArcadianDelSol

Post by ArcadianDelSol »

On the official shards, the only thing Origin / EA would outright forbid was trapping wandering healers so you could have your own private instaheals in your house. Those were intended to be available to all players in that area.

Galendae
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Galendae »

Monsters from Lvl 5 Treasure Maps(Lord's of the Abyss etc..) are Great to drag back to your house. Box em in and then start Gate cylcing thru every bank and hot spot, hours of endless fun and humor. You would be surprised what Gate jumpers bring with them.

Francois424
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Francois424 »

ArcadianDelSol wrote:On the official shards, the only thing Origin / EA would outright forbid was trapping wandering healers so you could have your own private instaheals in your house. Those were intended to be available to all players in that area.

They did !? Wow good thing they didn't catch me then...
I did that 3-5 nights in a row to go from 60-90ish Oo;

I still don't know where to hire npc mages tho.

RaveGreen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by RaveGreen »

Francois424 wrote: I still don't know where to hire npc mages tho.
Same places you hire fighters, etc. The Jhelom pit sometimes has mages. The 2-story Brit mage shop always has 1 or 2 as well.

Asha [C^V]
Varamyr [C^V]
Marwa [<<< ,EBK, >>>]

IRC:Brandon