Why are there never anymore server events>?

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Why are there never anymore server events>?

Post by Roser »

Abyz, I know your pain all too well.

I have many ways to deal with player run event grief. If you research the event thread's I have run in the past you may get some good ideas.

If you like, I can help provide a solution to any problem you may have regarding grief.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Rose and abyz both of you deserve gratitude for attempting to run Ayer events. The one problem with player events is there's always a few asses that come to crash the party (as is their right) and then 5 guys take out the entire player event. And how do you stop it then? Every time an events announced more and more people will try to grief because quite honestly most uo players love to be dicks and care less about server population then their own epeen. Say what you want about server events, they are fantastic for any shard with few drawbacks. If some would only log in to play tournys or server events, at least their logging in instead of jus coming in game to refresh their house for 10 seconds. But whatever, doesn't surprise me that's some people's opinions, they don't think about others.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Scienter

Post by Scienter »

The primary reason your event got griefed Rose was to send a message to the administration.

Plus it was a lot of fun shitting on a Canadian not going to lie! USA! USA! USA!

All jokes aside, you have my most insincere apologies.
Thank you,

-Scienter
"The Great One"
FT$
PM me with reflect bracelets or charged halberds!
New Vent Info:
IP:uosa.puddleboy.com
port:4490
Need a channel? Fill out the information here: http://secondage.puddleboy.com

Populus

Post by Populus »

There could be so many tournaments held all the time if people would stop trying to replicate the secure trammel 1v1 onlyredpots area.
ImageImageImage
[cA]

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Scienter wrote:The primary reason your event got griefed Rose was to send a message to the administration.

Plus it was a lot of fun shitting on a Canadian not going to lie! USA! USA! USA!

All jokes aside, you have my most insincere apologies.
I don't know who you are. Either Fede or Yomega, those are the only two doushy enough to grief my events. Either that or you are trying to steal their grief thunder.

Anyway, I've had by far more successful events then failures. Out of the 20 or so events I ran, I can only remember one time was really bad. (See my rage post near the end of the CTC thread)

The key is to reinforce your sandcastle walls with clay.

clay = well thought out ideas.

Scienter

Post by Scienter »

Again, it was a message to the administration. I'm going to be brash, no surprise at this point, but if the automated events are the benchmark. Then player run events don't stand a chance. Yeah player run events are creative and thoughtful whatever. But it can't compete on an entertainment scale.
Thank you,

-Scienter
"The Great One"
FT$
New Vent Info:

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

It's f'n idiotic to still have all the 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 stats up on myuosa... it screams "Hey everyone, we used to have a really cool pvp ladder system here, but we don't anymore! COME CHECK US OUT!"

AND it makes me sick.... plz remove them.
hoaxbusterscall.blogspot.com

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

The only player run event I ran was through C^V, and I wrote a long storyline to go with it.

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=25962

I know the thread is long, but it's entertaining to read the rp posts.
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

plz.die.irl.kthx

Post by plz.die.irl.kthx »

falling on deaf ears....

Lambo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Lambo »

I never post on this subject because I feel like we all beat a dead horse. I praise abyz for hosting events he does a great job. Even Jenn hosted a small tournament last night which was fun. I honestly think era accuracy is a goal of the staff/community here but I feel it is also in place for staff to have an "easy button" for anyone who ask controversial questions.

Why no tournaments? Era accuracy
Why do I blow up in my keep? era accuracy

Needless to say there are 5-10 people I personally know of that would retrun/join this server if events were in place. I know of 2 people who left this server to play a different server with 70 clients max JUST because they had dueling ladder and tournaments.

I will stick to my guns that UOSA is the best freeserver out there but there is no pvp end game. Since its extremely obvious we will never see automated events again I think it would be cool to see a once a month staff run 1v1 tournament, with some kind of unique/valuable prize.
Buying Charged Hallys/Bards
Buying +20 Power and above Hallys
Buying Reflect Items 30 Charges and above

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

Agreed.

Sadistik

Post by Sadistik »

im wondering if players set up a large event will gm's provide like an area that cant be gotten to without you know gettin ported there or trophies? not bein greedy just wonderin how much help can could might would be provided it might also spur people into thinking big
Dyx, Your Local Housing Relocation Guild!
Here to sell you housing without the stiff prices!

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

I've sent the staff a few messages about getting trophies made up for events. I did not ask for free trophies. I wanted to know what we as players needed to provide to have GMs take ten minutes of their time and make up trophies. I have yet to hear back. I find it hard to be grumpy at volunteers, but boy, it suuuuure would be nice to get a little assistance... Especially since they are foolishly set on not bringing back events.

Scienter

Post by Scienter »

Abyz, congratulations on your positive feed back.

Lambo, you have improved significantly in pvp over the course if a few days, and it would be nice to have an event system come back and see exactly where you would a slot in.

For those who don't know Lambo he went from good to pretty bad-ass.

Anyways, good luck on this topic.
Thank you,

-Scienter
"The Great One"
FT$
New Vent Info:

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Another thing about this "Era Accuracy"
You know, just because a shard has to be Era Accurate, doesnt mean it cant evolve as well.
For example, the shards Era Accurate, but lets make it evolve and have these server events every week so that way people dont get so bored when it comes to end game. With just "the game" itself as it is, and not OSI population/numbers, it will eventually die out and get boring. But with Capture the Flag, Survival, Tournys of 1v1 and 2v2 etc; people could play forever.

Please Derrick, bring them back, Id be more then happy to help host or whatever Id have to do.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish