Abyzmal Duel League (Official Rules & Sign Up Post)

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
liinniejj

Re: Abyzmal Duel League (Official Rules & Sign Up Post)

Post by liinniejj »

meh if people cant find reffs at their times of duels and you see im around on IRC as Linda not AFK or ASLEEP then just shoot me a pm and see if i got a few mins;)

Made by Nystal Games, New up and coming indie Developer.

Alavas

Post by Alavas »

Dear GoD.

contact me! :)

Alavas

Post by Alavas »

Freight Elevator

Post by Freight Elevator »

Forgot to add entry info lol

Freight Elevator
Guru
forum PM mostly, sometimes IRC
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really

inego
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inego »

Made a spreadsheet for contacting your opponents.

http://alturl.com/k5v9o

Post the missing info or pm it to me so I can keep it updated.
Great Lakes 1998-2001

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

Thank you very much Inego!
hoaxbusterscall.blogspot.com

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Abyz wrote:Thank you very much Inego!
That was the 1000th post. Quite a success so far id say.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

farnk

Post by farnk »

Fight Rules:

1. No magic items, weapons or armor
2. No poisoned weapons
3. No potions may be used EXCEPT refresh... Otherwise known as reds. You may have as many of these as you wish.
4. No field spells, e.g. fire field
5. No summons or pets
6. No magic reflect or paralyze
7. RA and Protection ARE allowed
8. No resupplying of any kind will be allowed after a match has started... make sure you are well stocked before an official match.

i don't want to sound like a sore loser or anything but i am a believer in once rules are set, they should be followed. rule #8 was broken in my fight vs. Eo and both Abyz and Ohm were there to witness it with nothing happening. the first fight was long indeed and Eo had someone come and drop off regs for him, while i stood there, pausing the fight, waiting for ohm or abyz to step in as their role as a ref, but nothing happend. the 2nd fight i lose to a fluke, which was due to a mental error on my part, with the blatant cheating that happend in fight #1 still lingering in my head.. now i'm sure it's too late for any type of change or repercussion, but if rules are not followed i will start bringing dragons to the fight and para spamming.. naw, actually you could just count me out of the league.

that is all,

farnk r champ

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

I apologize for this... I thought at the time that you were ok with us moving on with the fight. I did say something about it to Eo during the fight, but I didn't stop it. Technically, you are in the right farnk. If I had known you were not good with us continuing the fight, I would have stopped it. I may be able to edit the round, sooooo I wonder if Eo would be honorable and re-fight the first round. I'm sure he wouldn't mind.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

This happened with me and Retro during our third fight. A bystander threw me regs down, I didnt think it was a big deal as long as the fight wasnt stopped. for example, I have 4 full red pot kegs on my roof of my tower so during duels people can get more pots. I didnt know it was agianst policy. Had I known it was against the rules, I would have just died (which I ended up dying anyway). Anyways. I understand Farnks issue there. I think if you woulda said somethin to Abyz or Ohm , they woulda downed it right away, but, I can see how they probably thought you didnt mind, and just part of good sportsmanship on your part, but w/e, maybe EO will let a 3rd and final battle become a reality.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

When Reaver and I fought, the 1st fight went on for some time. I did run out of regs and said so as we were fighting.
Reaver tired to back off me, but I did do down. After I was rez'd, I was allowed to restock and go onto next fight. Neither
Reaver or the ref [liinniejj] said anything about it. I have to say, I just glanced at the rules and didn't realize
that restocking was a no-no.

I did end up dying in both fights, so I didn't gain an advantage, but if I would have gained 2 points, I certainly would
be asking Reaver for his position and having a rematch if warranted.

Personally, I don't care if someone wants to restock, cause to me, its about the fight. We all know that these fights can go
on for a long ass time and its understandable that someone will run out. For that fight, I had 120 of each reg and
thought that would be enough.

I will however, be loaded for my next so this isn't an issue.
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

I'm carrying 300 of each for my fight vs ohm an I bet I run out halfway through 2nd round.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

[Uhh] Eo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by [Uhh] Eo »

farnk wrote:
i don't want to sound like a sore loser or anything but if rules are not followed i will start bringing dragons to the fight and para spamming.. naw, actually you could just count me out of the league.

that is all,

farnk r champ
LOL

I've dueled you twice and both times you were legit mad at the end

Happy to redo the fight if necessary
nightshark wrote:Can PINK BOOTS ever be killed? Many think he's invulnerable, including myself.
SirPsychoSexy wrote:Being PKed awhile back on my bard by PINK BOOTS was one of the greatest honors I've had during my time here on UOSA.

Grifty McGrift

Post by Grifty McGrift »

Can i get some clarification on the rule? Is it not allowed to restock at all during the entire 3 fight round, or just during individual fights? I personally have no problem with my opponent restocking inbetween fights. I dont want to win b/c my opponent ran out of garlic.
"They used to call me Grifty McGrift. I wrote the book on flim-flammin"

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

You can re-reg between fights.... Just not mid-fight.