Abyzmal Duel League (Official Rules & Sign Up Post)

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
Nystal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Abyzmal Duel League (Official Rules & Sign Up Post)

Post by Nystal »

Menkaure wrote:I was saying like best of 3. If you win 2-0, you get 3 points and 0 for the opponent. So techimcally you would not have to play the 3rd game. If you win 2-1, you get 2 PTs and the opponent gets 1. So pretty much you get a bonus point if the opponent does not win a game.
I still think it might be best to play the third round even when you've lost overall, still gives a loser a chance at a bonus point :)
Europa: 1998 - 2002 (NEW, ^I^, Grd)
UOSA: 2009 - Present (OLD (Retired), ^I^ (GM))

piece of heaven

Post by piece of heaven »

1- PoH (irc)
2-Piece of Heaven
3- Pm on forums or get ahold of Jacko :)

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

If we can get the variable scoring to work in challinge then we will do a 3 round fight, winner gets a point for each round they win. If not, we can still do a best 2 out of 3, winner gets 1 point.
hoaxbusterscall.blogspot.com

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Nystal wrote:
Menkaure wrote:I was saying like best of 3. If you win 2-0, you get 3 points and 0 for the opponent. So techimcally you would not have to play the 3rd game. If you win 2-1, you get 2 PTs and the opponent gets 1. So pretty much you get a bonus point if the opponent does not win a game.
I still think it might be best to play the third round even when you've lost overall, still gives a loser a chance at a bonus point :)

I understand what your saying, I guess I look at it two ways. One, time restrictions, and regs. Your going to be carrying a ton of regs on you and some fights, that will last 3 rounds could use up all your regs/red pots etc; Secondly, I feel best of 3 is short, sweet, and in some cases will help not make some of the fitghts last an hour.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

Added the 2 out of 3 idea to the rules... 1 Point will still be given to the overall winner, and 0 to the loser... but we will keep track of who won the individual rounds to settle any ties at the end.

Added to original post:

9. A weekly "fight" will consist of a best 2 out of 3... the first competitor to win 2 wins the point for that round. (We will be keeping track of individual bouts won/lost to help settle potential ties.)

SIGNUPS WILL END ON MONDAY 06MAY2013 FOLKS SO GET YOUR NAME IN IF YOU ARE INTERESTED!

Ishamael

Post by Ishamael »

Ishamael
Ishamael
Irc

Alavas

Post by Alavas »

Anyone want to do some friendly duels at the mym brick in excitement/preparation for this big event?

(starting to see a lot of familiar names on this roster. I'm so pumped)
i hate doing this, but here goes. Any narrowing down on the date of this tourney?

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Alavas wrote:Anyone want to do some friendly duels at the mym brick in excitement/preparation for this big event?

(starting to see a lot of familiar names on this roster. I'm so pumped)
i hate doing this, but here goes. Any narrowing down on the date of this tourney?

I dont play much, but when I do, I just hop in IRC and ask around for duels. Im Menk in IRC, I usually log on around 9pm-10pm EST. I am always down for duels.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

Signups for this league will close this coming Monday 06MAY2013. That same day, I will randomize the participant list on challonge and start the league. Round 1 will begin at this time, and the participants will have until the NEXT Monday 13MAY2013 to get their assigned fight completed. As I mentioned before, a round need not take a whole week. As soon as all the fights of round 1 are completed, we can go ahead and advance to the next round.

We could use a couple more referees, so if you'd be willing to help let me know.

liinniejj

Post by liinniejj »

i'll happily referee for ye if ye want. asuming its just keeping track of wins/loss :P no problem:P

Made by Nystal Games, New up and coming indie Developer.

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

All you need to do is be on hand for a fight if need be, make sure both combatants follow the rules, and be a witness to the win/loss results of the fight.

liinniejj

Post by liinniejj »

yh i can help ye out with some refereeing:P im usually around on irc as you know:P as Linda

Made by Nystal Games, New up and coming indie Developer.

farnk

Post by farnk »

i like the idea of best of 3

!

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Do referees need to record the matches too though?
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Freight Elevator

Post by Freight Elevator »

Menkaure wrote:Do referees need to record the matches too though?
Was talking to Abyz about it.

Of course the ref isn't required to record them but it would be nice. Would also be nice to have auto death screen cap on. Would be nice to have a little collage of the league and then tournament afterwards. You can even add attachments in Challonge I'm just not sure what you're limited to (pics, vids, comments, etc.).
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really