Abyzmal Duel League (Official Rules & Sign Up Post)

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
farnk

Re: Abyzmal Duel League (Official Rules & Sign Up Post)

Post by farnk »

**is each individual assigned to a certain opponent, or is that left up to the player who he/she fights each round? not sure if you covered that. but I think every player should have to duel a different person each week/round, maybe allowing to duel that same player once or twice throughout the league.

also, since i am a referee, i am mostly available on IRC or the forums, i log into the UOSA server on Vent quite often too so if you need a ref, look for me in those three places.

i will be hosting fights at the mYm arena every Sunday (time is to be determined still) so we can get some socializing/get people together, otherwise feel free to use the mYm arena whenever you like.

1. farnk
2. Icon or SuPeR FrAnK, possibly a new char I'm training too (BJ Raji)
3. forum PM, IRC, UOSA Ventrilo

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

Everyone will have an assigned opponent (generated randomly) and will fight a different opponent every round.
hoaxbusterscall.blogspot.com

farnk

Post by farnk »

dat r legit farnk say

Rdb

Post by Rdb »

SIGN A BUBBA UP

inego
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inego »

inego
Dycledarg
irc pm (sometimes forum pm)
Great Lakes 1998-2001

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

Lookin good!!!

So far we have 22 fighters. I have started the challonge league site for people to take a look at...

http://challonge.com/AL1

**You will most likely NOT be fighting who you are currently matched up with. When signups ends and the league begins, I will shuffle the names and finalize the brackets.

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

Orion GM B^D
Darken/Orion GM B^D
Forums/IRC
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Just throwing this out thee Abyz, first of all great job. Secondly, instead of 1 duel per round and the scoring being 1pt for a win and 0 for a loss, would it be wise to have a best of 3 and score accordingly like 1 pt per win but if you get a shut out you get 3 PTs instead of 2? So for example if I win 2-1 I'd get 2 PTs and the opponent would get 1, but if I sweep the opponent 2-0, then I get 3 PTs ? Just an idea to make it more in depth and bonus'y.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

I like that idea! Any other opinions?

Sadistik

Post by Sadistik »

i like the best of 3
Dyx, Your Local Housing Relocation Guild!
Here to sell you housing without the stiff prices!

[Uhh] Eo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by [Uhh] Eo »

Who will be Numero Uno?

SIGN AHP NAOW

nightshark wrote:Can PINK BOOTS ever be killed? Many think he's invulnerable, including myself.
SirPsychoSexy wrote:Being PKed awhile back on my bard by PINK BOOTS was one of the greatest honors I've had during my time here on UOSA.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Can't wait for this to start. Abyz if you wanna do some more sparring let me know a good time after 8pm est. anyone else also I'm always trying to duel, I have a private tower with custom duel arena on top if anyone wants to practice pm me a time, I work 8am-5pm m-f
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

wrathofjo

Post by wrathofjo »

Menkaure wrote:Just throwing this out thee Abyz, first of all great job. Secondly, instead of 1 duel per round and the scoring being 1pt for a win and 0 for a loss, would it be wise to have a best of 3 and score accordingly like 1 pt per win but if you get a shut out you get 3 PTs instead of 2? So for example if I win 2-1 I'd get 2 PTs and the opponent would get 1, but if I sweep the opponent 2-0, then I get 3 PTs ? Just an idea to make it more in depth and bonus'y.
I really like this idea. Did you mean to say sweep 2-0? As in, one free pt for going 2-0? I think it would be better to fight all three so you can have scores of 2-1 and 3-0.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

I was saying like best of 3. If you win 2-0, you get 3 points and 0 for the opponent. So techimcally you would not have to play the 3rd game. If you win 2-1, you get 2 PTs and the opponent gets 1. So pretty much you get a bonus point if the opponent does not win a game.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

I was saying like best of 3. If you win 2-0, you get 3 points and 0 for the opponent. So techimcally you would not have to play the 3rd game. If you win 2-1, you get 2 PTs and the opponent gets 1. So pretty much you get a bonus point if the opponent does not win a game.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish