Scavenger

Topics related to Second Age
Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Scavenger

Post by Budner »

Frequently my scavenger will not pick up loose gold and items on the ground. I frequently "Clear Scavenger Cache" but this doesn't always do the trick. Is there anything else I can do to ensure that I pick up loose loot more often? Thanks.

Nystal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Scavenger

Post by Nystal »

If you stand still and loot drops to the ground (say off an Elemental), Scavenger wont pick it up unless you move most of the time.

At least that's how I experience it.
Europa: 1998 - 2002 (NEW, ^I^, Grd)
UOSA: 2009 - Present (OLD (Retired), ^I^ (GM))

Downs

Post by Downs »

also won't work in stealth
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

Thanks for your replies.

Doesn't seem to matter whether I'm standing still, or making a run at it, or whatever. Just kinda randomly decides not to pick up the loot.

Also I'm not stealthing with this character.

Downs

Post by Downs »

is it gold or specific items that you're having issues with?
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

Both. For example I'll kill a blood elemental, and there will be a gold stack and let's say a mace. Sometimes it'll pick up the gold and not the mace, or visa versa (although I think this is queuing issue), but sometimes it'll pick up neither item, even immediately after I've cleared my scavenger cache. I dunno.

Bixby Legbone

Post by Bixby Legbone »

Budner wrote:Both. For example I'll kill a blood elemental, and there will be a gold stack and let's say a mace. Sometimes it'll pick up the gold and not the mace, or visa versa (although I think this is queuing issue), but sometimes it'll pick up neither item, even immediately after I've cleared my scavenger cache. I dunno.

I've often experienced something similar. I have my scavenger setup to collect wild regs on the ground. If there are two very close to one another, it will usually pick up 1, but then it won't pick up the 2nd one. I have to either run about a screen away and then return for it to grab the 2nd one, or I just pick it up by hand. Other times, it does seem to 'break' for awhile and not work... say I'm running around and it won't pick up any wild regs... then later on it will start working correctly.

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

Interestingly, I can't remember my scavenger ever failing to pick up a reg. *shrugs*

GeistSR

Post by GeistSR »

Did you try re-synching the client?

You do have to wait for it to queue multiple items, and it seems the more items close by, the more it fails. Anytime razor queues moving multiple items it seems unreliable. I've also found some rare spots where I can't pick up a wildly spawning reagent, even manually. Something to do with elevation on the map, I think.

The oOo

Post by The oOo »

try a higher "Object delay" setting on the "More Options" tab...say...1000 [should be defaulted at 600ms] though it also depends on your connection. Adjust by 100's till things start working right.

i change mine back and forth depending on what I'm doing. It will mess up macros that work off the faster object delay though.

Works well for resource type stuff...but combat looting...I dunno...it would slow down all actions like pots, equip/unequip, etc though I believe.

your mileage may vary :D
oOOoOoo Ooo Oo OOoOoo oOo

GeistSR

Post by GeistSR »

I do have mine set at 1000ms, and it works well for everything except when razor is moving items around (macro, scavenger, restock). It still usually works, but is noticeably more prone to failure.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Couple of things might be happening:

1.- The client has a minimum object delay of 1s, therefore you must stand next to whatever you want to pick up for at least 1s for it to be able to pick both up. You also need to have object delay in razor set to at least 1s, otherwise razor will "register" as already having sent the instruction to pick it up, but the client won't becaus of the delay.

2.- If the object falls within 3 tiles, but there's an impassable between you, or there's a big enough difference in z-axis, or anything that makes it unreachable, razor will also register as it has been picked up.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

Thanks all for this advice, I'll tinker with it.