Your first encounter with cA!

Topics related to Second Age
DrFaustus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Your first encounter with cA!

Post by DrFaustus »

I've never seen cA ingame, other than when Matron got into a castle I held for a little while.
Derrick wrote::cry: :( :o :lol: :roll: :wink:

Chance

Post by Chance »

I was in IRC some 4+ years ago and was a noob to UOSA, trying to mine & dex my way to .... something.

Anyway, some chap named chumbucket offered a great mining house to a new miner, for free. No tomfoolery was involved.

I gladly accepted & used the house for several months to mine and train out of (when you could spar players and gain?), eventually going inactive & letting it decay.

Thanks chumbucket!
~ Xigig ~ Mojoka ~ Shadowclan Orcs ~

jevinon

Post by jevinon »

My story requires props, a camcorder and lots of beer to tell. :)

nevermind

Post by nevermind »

i just started back in December . about a week later i was standing at the trin bank looking like your typical noob who has been out killing ettins for gold . this toon appeared with a title above his head IR NEW GOLD PLZ .
he asked me if i was new to i say yes been here a week . he says take this and hands me 60k . of course it hit the ground, but i got it the bank eventually then here comes another stack. after i had 180k in my bank he tells me that i need to be happy when it gets taken back. that gold helped greatly building first toons ect. they haven't got any back yet but im sure the day is coming and it will be more than 180k . i plan on congratulating then and saving the book.

moral = i must be sick tramel sounds like hell to me

thx guys game on
irc axejunkie

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

WTH?!?! I had to wool-gather my way to the higher echelons of uosa-dom.

*waits for laughter to die down*

while were on the subject...

I R NU GLD PLZ
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

:lol: That was a character I made saying I am nude gawk please
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

fooka03
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by fooka03 »

When I was new I saw a couple threads about bombing the bank (back when purple pots would set off others). I tried a couple times with no luck so I reached out to chum to show me how. I got a live demo at WBB, details of how it was pulled off, and a half-keg of purple pots to go about my business. :lol:
[$$$] Syndicate of Successful Salesmen
Cash, The Drunken Smith
GM Miner, Tinker, Smith, Carpenter, Tailor

Unknown Unknown
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Unknown Unknown »

milk bags vs. freedom fries was my first time with any member of cA

chainsoar

Post by chainsoar »

DrFaustus wrote:I've never seen cA ingame, other than when Matron got into a castle I held for a little while.
In our defence, none of us have seen you ingame, other than when Matron looted your castle.
Braden wrote:I was getting ready to type a serious reply to this post until I saw who posted it.
[Uhh] Eo wrote:If there is one thing I am a fan of, it is exploring foreign holes.

Ron_Swanson

Post by Ron_Swanson »

I read their book "High Seas Adventures" by Darkwing. I saved it somewhere.

But other than that cA consists of a bunch of trammel bards.
Your Neighborhood Bro

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

After killing Deacon's (an old PK who was pretty known at the time), I found out I had his house key and rune. I invited Mr Bucket to indulge in the looting of this house.

Before that, chumbucket was just some guy who ran around talking about how he was new and needed gold :) I think he still does that though!
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Tom

Post by Tom »

The other night Downs went through a gate when I was gating resources out of my house. It was on the outside and he sat there for about 20 minutes waiting on me to return. Well when my friend opened the door and came in he tried to stealth in... broke stealth and immediately re-hid. As he was prepping DH and "i ban thee" Downs gated out like 1000 iron ore off my floor. Never saw him again...

I've been playing this server for a few years now very off and on and the first cA encounter was a few days ago.

azheman
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by azheman »

When I first started I was farming harpies.

I found a glorious crate on a harpy corpse. I was very excited...and then I opened it.

A gentleman named Miller appeared and then recalled.

Vhyx

Post by Vhyx »

The first (and only) time I forgot to lock one of my front doors and went afk for a whopping 15 minutes, this happened. Got back to my computer just as Pacifico was wrapping up. What's worse, is what got stolen was all stuff my wife had collected when she played here for a short time. I didn't hear the end of it for about a week.

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=25621

There's never a good time to lax on home security and forget to do something as simple as locking a door. When it's "Dress Like chumbucket Day" it REALLY isn't a good time. It's kind of like playing in traffic...

Hythloth Tower for Sale. Contact Boondock_Saint via PMs because it's his and not mine. Azheman will broker the deal, naked.

montier

Post by montier »

My first encounter was quite unlike most.

I spotted Downs in Moonglow.. I chased him down, and asked for a chumbox.
It was pretty simple.. I wanted to say i was killed by Downs. He told me his Downsboxes were much better..

He didn't have any and asked for me to meet him at the bank..

Moments later Downs in building a fort for me to blow myself in.. and some random starts greifing us and TKing the boxes..

So what was i to do... I opened one the Downsboxes before the greifer could tk them all..

I died