The Isle of Verity, and Moonglow

Topics related to Second Age
Bixby Legbone

The Isle of Verity, and Moonglow

Post by Bixby Legbone »

I wish to comment on the Isle of Verity. It's meaning may be interpreted as the island of a true principle or belief; one of fundamental importance. I feel the name is an honor to it's substance.

Verity Isle is, in my humble opinion, among the greatest places to be while in the land of Britannia.

Moonglow has the most reagent vendors of any city, town, or village. It is also the only town that has central teleporters which instantly transport you to any of the island's destinations; even a teleporter which can transport you inside and near another two reagent vendors! While also serving to transport you to an entirely different and foreign lands known as 'The Lost Lands'. It is also the only island with a Zoo and Astrological Telescope.

For tailors, you will find multiple cotton fields, a flax field, and plenty of wild animals as a source of hides. For practicing tamers, there are great harts, grey wolves, grizzly bears and plenty of bulls for practicing taming. While I haven't done a formal count, I believe the bull spawn on Verity Isle rivals that of Delucia. Heck, for miners foraging for ingots, there are even several places to do such! If you are a carpenter, there are plenty of trees. Fisherman? Plentiful access to water! Cartographer? We've got a npc vendor for you! Want a place to battle some monsters, get some gold, and maybe an entire set of skeleton armor? There's even a graveyard for that! Need a mount? There's usually one or two wild mounts by the teleporter to The Lost Lands, or you can go through it and find wild ostards not far away. Not to mention all the monsters that can be slayed in The Lost Lands; a short distance from the teleporter! Are you an Adventurer or someone who travels around frequently? Verity Isle has a player run Rune Library for your needs! In need of a moongate? Verity Isle has one! (I'm looking at you here Nujel'm, Ocllo, Buccaneer's Den, and Serpent's Hold).

Is there a better place to be found within the Lands of Britannia? I think not.

1vs1

Re: The Isle of Verity, and Moonglow

Post by 1vs1 »

what

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

Moonglow Chamber of Commerce. Nicely done.

I've been hanging around Brit, sheerly out of habit (and maybe because it's the most populated). But if I switched cities I'd head to Moonglow.

Vavara

Post by Vavara »

Moonglow would be even better if the guild [$$$] sold off some of their 30+ unused houses and let players actually have somewhere to live on the island.
Not sure why they own so many and why so very few ever have an occupant.

At least since the population upsurge, a few vendors have started trading and most everything is available.

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

Vavara wrote:Moonglow would be even better if the guild [$$$] sold off some of their 30+ unused houses and let players actually have somewhere to live on the island.

At least since the population upsurge, a few vendors have started trading and most everything is available.
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Vavara wrote:Moonglow would be even better if the guild [$$$] sold off some of their 30+ unused houses and let players actually have somewhere to live on the island.

I just IDOC'd 2 of their houses today. The rest will fall soon.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

KzHen

Post by KzHen »

Profound observation! Mr. Thighnone!

Francois424
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Francois424 »

I wanted to place my house there, alas there was no spots. :(
Had to settle with Vesper, which isnt bad either.

But I agree, I always start all my characters in Moonglow.

Emforcer92

Post by Emforcer92 »

Moonglow ... always been my favorite! :D
Sengo Muramasa 千子 村正 Armory at Trinny Stone Vendors!
GM Armor (many Colors), GM Weapons, GM Bows, Arrows/Bolts

Click>Trinny Stone Vendors
@ Trinsic Moongate

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

I'll take the land of bridges over Moonglow/Verity any day.

Moonglow is a close 7th though.
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Chance

Post by Chance »

I used to use Moonglow quite frequently a few years ago on my... mount tamer/mage and lockpicker. Even had at least 1 small house there, but I think there were actually 2 (IDOC'd). It's really a nice place and the $$$ Rune Library was also a huge bonus. If I start playing a non-orc char again any time in the near future I'll have to make it a point to stop by and see you, Bixby. Best of luck in your endeavors!
~ Xigig ~ Mojoka ~ Shadowclan Orcs ~

SonicBoom

Post by SonicBoom »

Buc's den would have to be my vote. While its lacking pretty much every shop that you'd want in a town, its relatively close to both Vesper and Minoc which do have those shops.

Besides, you can openly attack anyone trying to bank, so thats an easy win right there. I just wish more people used Buc's Den as their main town :(

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

SonicBoom wrote:Buc's den would have to be my vote. While its lacking pretty much every shop that you'd want in a town, its relatively close to both Vesper and Minoc which do have those shops.

Besides, you can openly attack anyone trying to bank, so thats an easy win right there. I just wish more people used Buc's Den as their main town :(
It just needs a reagent shop and a stable to make it complete enough.
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Emforcer92

Post by Emforcer92 »

SonicBoom wrote:Buc's den would have to be my vote. While its lacking pretty much every shop that you'd want in a town, its relatively close to both Vesper and Minoc which do have those shops.

Getting attacked while trying to bank is not the best advertising for alot of people tho :lol:
Sengo Muramasa 千子 村正 Armory at Trinny Stone Vendors!
GM Armor (many Colors), GM Weapons, GM Bows, Arrows/Bolts

Click>Trinny Stone Vendors
@ Trinsic Moongate

fooka03
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by fooka03 »

Trying to grow numbers of $$$ to make all those houses occupied is nearly impossible at times (I know I just lost one I thought was being used). Some idoc as members come and go, still others are on refresh timers only for those too frustrated to play. A good portion of the new player housing goes unused due to the prevalence of NEW.

You want to see the $$$ housing used more? Join $$$ and help us run events like we used to. Awfully hard when it's me, and sometimes Brules, and maybe 1-2 others. Otherwise you will see $$$ continue to own empty property to the frustration of many.
[$$$] Syndicate of Successful Salesmen
Cash, The Drunken Smith
GM Miner, Tinker, Smith, Carpenter, Tailor