Aceopolis 1 vs 1 Gladiator Thunderdome

Topics related to Second Age
Onslaught

Aceopolis 1 vs 1 Gladiator Thunderdome

Post by Onslaught »

The Cunning Aces invites you all to participate in the first (of many, hopefully) PvP tournaments taking place in, what we like to call, the "GLADIATOR THUNDERDOME!"

ENTRY FEE: 5,000gp
TIME: 12:00pm EST
DAY: Sunday, February 22nd
PRIZES: First place receives 70% of the entry fees, 2nd place receives 30%

RULES:

#1.) No magic weapons, armor, jewelry, or wands.
#2.) Only refresh potions will be allowed.
#3.) 5 minute limit on duels. Healing yourselves past the 5 minute limitation results in a disqualification.
#4.) No summon spells of any kind allowed.
#5.) No pets of any kind.
#6.) No poisoned weapons.
#7.) No looting competitors.
#8.) No cutting corpses.
#9.) Winner will be decided by a best 2 out of 3 match-up to try and avoid those random "omfg he hit me 67x in a row with a hally for 40 damage each swing omfofmfmfwtf, Derrick! exploit!" bullshit duels.

The problem is, as some of you have pointed out, the time. Since we only have one arena and there will be so many people participating, it might get lengthy. Another problem will be macers. I would suggest using your food sparingly until Derrick can provide us with a better suited and upgraded Thunderdome for future events!

I ask that you all be on your best behavior. A few people on this server have problems with me (or ACE) in the field and I ask that you keep it on the field and not at these events. We're not doing this for any reason other than to create some high value competition for a PvP community. I know PvP'rs could really make use of the winners pot from an event like this considering most of them hate monster stomping. I used to run tournaments very similar to these on Great Lakes during Renaissance and they always were a huge success. So hopefully, I'll be able to carry on the tradition here on Secondage.

We hope to see you all there!
Last edited by Onslaught on Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
A.K.A. All Skill

Great Lakes Veteran.

Currently residing on the Cho'gall World of Warcraft server.

http://www.vqguild.net - World class.

hai t2a

Re: Aceopolis 1 vs 1 Gladiator Thunderdome

Post by hai t2a »

5 minute rounds, food only

lame

pit duels, anyone?

Onslaught

Post by Onslaught »

hai t2a wrote:5 minute rounds, food only

lame

pit duels, anyone?
We're working with what we got. Not much we can do to make it better right now. The good news is, the rounds will take so long that your stomach should empty before your next fight :P
A.K.A. All Skill

Great Lakes Veteran.

aXe

Post by aXe »

hai t2a, stop complaining.
<hemperor> plus im sure ive handled more money than your mcdonalds ass ever has, my $1200 dollar speaks for itself! :)

Dreadnaught

Post by Dreadnaught »

Whats ironic is theres "Not pets" when you yourself said you wont participate in shard ran pvp events until this "stupid no pet bullshit is remedied"

Grim

Post by Grim »

need to allow refresh pots only macers will dominate this tournament

Onslaught

Post by Onslaught »

Dreadnaught wrote:Whats ironic is theres "Not pets" when you yourself said you wont participate in shard ran pvp events until this "stupid no pet bullshit is remedied"
I'm not participating. I'm just organizing it.
A.K.A. All Skill

Great Lakes Veteran.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Onslaught wrote: The problem is, as some of you have pointed out, the time. Since we only have one arena and there will be so many people participating, it might get lengthy. Another problem will be macers. I would suggest using your food sparingly until Derrick can provide us with a better suited and upgraded Thunderdome for future events!
How will it differ?
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Red

Post by Red »

9am Sunday morning for me, ouch.

Dreadnaught

Post by Dreadnaught »

Onslaught wrote:
Dreadnaught wrote:Whats ironic is theres "Not pets" when you yourself said you wont participate in shard ran pvp events until this "stupid no pet bullshit is remedied"
I'm not participating. I'm just organizing it.
Just ironic you call it bull and then your tourny has the same rules..

Faust

Post by Faust »

One way to speed up a tournament is to eliminate prep healing.

Prep Healing = Cast a heal while holding the target and arming a weapon and letting the spell off anytime afer arming it.

This obviously won't do a whole lot for a 1v1 situation. The only thing that can solve that is for the PVP to be fixed. However, if someone does decide to prep heal you might as well say the match will last 10x longer than the already lengthy time that it will take. Grim is also right about the refreshes...

revolutionary

Post by revolutionary »

please dont tell me ppl use to prepheal here...

Faust

Post by Faust »

You would be amazed. The new generation UOR type of players are capable of anything.

Choppa X

Post by Choppa X »

Faust wrote:You would be amazed. The new generation UOR type of players are capable of anything.
I almost never fight someone who preps heals. I don't see where you are getting that. People normally only prep heals in 2v2s.

Faust

Post by Faust »

I'm specifically talking about GvG's Choppa. I do admit 1v1's does happen occassionally but not very often. There is more prep healing in 1v1's out in the field compared to tournies. Overall the pathetic approaches that people take compared to the old days is simply sickening... Do anything to kill someone even if it makes you look pathetic. The typical new generation styled UOR player.