State of Unapproved Third Party apps...

Topics related to Second Age
Myrnae
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

State of Unapproved Third Party apps...

Post by Myrnae »

I know what we are supposed to use on this shard, but when I am farming and a player comes in to grief (meant by not helping kill anything just looting) - How the hell does someone loot the gold before Razor even opens the body? I am talking about Hax Mandoo here. before you say anything technical about my PC being a POS, I have an 8 core 16GB dual water-cooled video rig and 50M internet and ping 18 to this shard. If not using an unapproved app, how is the gold gone from the corpse when Razor opens it? Please do something about the cheating. Yeah.. whaaaa!

UsualSuspect

Re: State of Unapproved Third Party apps...

Post by UsualSuspect »

it's possible he's stealing the gold before the monster dies.

Francois424
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Francois424 »

Well I know ppl are using some kind of selling agent/program... As soon as the vendor "refreshes" BOOOOM!
Here comes Sir Quicksalot on his mount, "Vendor Sell" and in the span of 20 sec he empties the vendor clean of it's gold!!! (where I have to click each item I want to sell, and I'm lucky to sell a tenth of what I would be normaly able to sell.) :evil:

Dunno if legit or not, but it P****es me off. *sigh*
Last edited by Francois424 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wrathofjo

Post by wrathofjo »

UsualSuspect wrote:it's possible he's stealing the gold before the monster dies.
wait...you can do that?

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

There are definitely uo assistant programs that allow you to autoloot corpses. Assistuo (not to be confused with uo assist) is one of these. I've noticed some autolooting myself.
hoaxbusterscall.blogspot.com

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

wrathofjo wrote:
UsualSuspect wrote:it's possible he's stealing the gold before the monster dies.
wait...you can do that?
Yes
Francois424 wrote:Well I know ppl are using some kind of selling agent/program... As soon as the vendor "refreshes" BOOOOM!
Here comes Sir Quicksalot on his mount, "Vendor Sell" and in the span of 20 sec he empties the vendor clean of it's gold!!! (where I have to click each item I want to sell, and I'm lucky to sell a tenth of what I would be normaly able to sell.) :evil:

Razor can do this. Go to the agents tab and fiddle around with sell and buy agents.

Hard to make an accusation without proof. Please PM the GM's on IRC when any of these situations arise, I'm sure they can look into it and ban the people actually using illegal 3rd party programs.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

okgoace

Post by okgoace »

If it is not 3rd party use, the only thing i can think of is he has auto open corpses as well and ctrl+shifts the gold as soon as he see's it

Francois424
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Francois424 »

Pirul wrote:
wrathofjo wrote:
wait...you can do that?
Yes
Francois424 wrote:Well I know ppl are using some kind of selling agent/program... As soon as the vendor "refreshes" BOOOOM!

Razor can do this. Go to the agents tab and fiddle around with sell and buy agents.

Hard to make an accusation without proof. Please PM the GM's on IRC when any of these situations arise, I'm sure they can look into it and ban the people actually using illegal 3rd party programs.

My apologies then... Razor is quite the beast, and it's hard to master unfortunately.
This kind show IMA newb here :oops:

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

okgoace wrote:If it is not 3rd party use, the only thing i can think of is he has auto open corpses as well and ctrl+shifts the gold as soon as he see's it
You can also just do shift+click+drag, maybe a tad faster.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

There should be no way for a player to open a corpse and loot the gold before another player can open the corpse unless that player has a very high ping (> 500) or a very slow computer (struggles to open corpses in general). The reason for this is because of the 1 second object delay.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

RaveGreen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by RaveGreen »

Some of my newer friends on here have mentioned someone auto-looting their kills... we always just figured it was something they were doing with Razer, but could never figure it out.

I believe it was something along the lines of "oops sorry, auto looted gold when I walked by" they then handed him back the loot. :?:

Asha [C^V]
Varamyr [C^V]
Marwa [<<< ,EBK, >>>]

IRC:Brandon

RaveGreen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by RaveGreen »

Kaivan wrote:There should be no way for a player to open a corpse and loot the gold before another player can open the corpse unless that player has a very high ping (> 500) or a very slow computer (struggles to open corpses in general). The reason for this is because of the 1 second object delay.
I don't know about that. If they are using the "auto-open corpse" option in Razor and are right by the body when the mob dies, they could absolutely Shift+drag the gold before the other person even gets over to the body. Obviously assuming a mage type character vs the griefer or maybe a bard... not mele :wink:

I've experienced this or someone using a looting tool in Fire Temple before. They were stealthed and took me a while to even figure out what was happening. I was really new though...

Asha [C^V]
Varamyr [C^V]
Marwa [<<< ,EBK, >>>]

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

RaveGreen wrote:I believe it was something along the lines of "oops sorry, auto looted gold when I walked by" they then handed him back the loot. :?:
Now this can happen with monsters that drop the gold like air/blood/poison/water/fire elementals and someone walking by with their scavanger agent on. You can find this function also in Razor's agents tab.

RaveGreen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by RaveGreen »

Oh good point Pirul, forgot about that. I'd have to ask them what they were killing when this happened. I know they primarily hunt dragons...

Asha [C^V]
Varamyr [C^V]
Marwa [<<< ,EBK, >>>]

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

RaveGreen wrote:
Kaivan wrote:There should be no way for a player to open a corpse and loot the gold before another player can open the corpse unless that player has a very high ping (> 500) or a very slow computer (struggles to open corpses in general). The reason for this is because of the 1 second object delay.
I don't know about that. If they are using the "auto-open corpse" option in Razor and are right by the body when the mob dies, they could absolutely Shift+drag the gold before the other person even gets over to the body. Obviously assuming a mage type character vs the griefer or maybe a bard... not mele :wink:

I've experienced this or someone using a looting tool in Fire Temple before. They were stealthed and took me a while to even figure out what was happening. I was really new though...
My statement operates under the assumption that a player who killed a creature is within range to automatically open the corpse when it dies, and is necessary to any method of determining whether someone is or isn't using a 3rd party program.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org