New player status

Topics related to Second Age
Newguy

New player status

Post by Newguy »

I just joined the shard today and had all my gold stolen in Britania after a couple hour hacking wood to save up for training and supplies.Gotta say im pretty disapointed that there isnt a honeymoon for new players.Takes the wind out of my sails if you know what i mean.Won't cry too much just thought id mention thats a pretty bad way to welcome new players to your shard.

Capitalist

Re: New player status

Post by Capitalist »

I had 400 gold after nearly an hour in the graveyard running when I had too low of hp on my first character. It was stolen. I then learned to avoid thieves. It's glad that you learned this lesson sooner than later.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Andersonius

Post by Andersonius »

Its not to make things hard for new players. It is simply not era accurate to have a new player status. You must rough it. You will surely lose some things here and there be it to thievery or murder.

All you can do is keep on keeping on. Its what its all about...the unforgiving world of Brittannia!

Good luck on your ventures!

Kinja

Post by Kinja »

I'm fairly new too, been here about six weeks.

Rule #1 - Get out of Britain, that place is always trouble. I would suggest avoiding Skara and Yew, and maybe Moonglow as well until you are practiced at keeping your stuff out of thieves' hands. Unfortunately those are the towns with highest concentration of players, but of course that is what a thief looks for - marks aplenty.

Rule #2 - Never trust anyone until they have proven themselves, and even then be wary. If someone comes close, assume they are not out for your best interests.

It can be daunting getting started, but if you apply appropriate caution and suspicion, and stay away from likely trouble areas (WBB!), you can make it. After six weeks I have a small house and the gold for another, as well as several developed characters. I am sure other players could have amassed much more than me, but I don't play to just collect vast wealth. Keep your chin up and soldier on, learning from the lumps you take.

Missy B

Post by Missy B »

when you lose 100 gold as a new character, it seems rough. some how losing 100 gold after a few months shouldnt hurt at all. good luck and a hang in there.