Status on Housing / Placement on this Shard ?

Topics related to Second Age
Francois424
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Status on Housing / Placement on this Shard ?

Post by Francois424 »

Hello all,

I'd like to know if there are still spots available for housing, seeing as I am aiming for a patio House eventually. Is this server filled already (with 600 ppl I woudn't think so, but who knows) or there's still spots around.

Dosent have to be near towns or anything, as I like privacy. If I was saying on the Isle of the Avatar for exemple ?

Just Curious, thanks for any answers.
-- François

RaveGreen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Status on Housing / Placement on this Shard ?

Post by RaveGreen »

You can find spots for smalls, but I doubt anything larger, unless you found an IDOC.

Only 600 people, but you can have a house per character, so 15 houses per person theoretically. I think there are many house hoarders here! You'll most likely have to buy a larger house from someone (already placed) and currently I would save up 2x whatever deed + some. :(

Asha [C^V]
Varamyr [C^V]
Marwa [<<< ,EBK, >>>]

IRC:Brandon

Francois424
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Francois424 »

Wow that sucks... a total let down. :evil:

Thanks for the honest answer.

RaveGreen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by RaveGreen »

Francois424 wrote:Wow that sucks... a total let down. :evil:
Yeah, I agree... Pretty annoying to see so many houses and many not even being used.

I just recently purchased a bigger house (L-shape). I was in the market for a L-Brick or Patio and posted in the Housing forum when I had just a little over 2x deed. Unfortunately nothing opened up that I could afford, but I kept on saving and was able to jump on the 2x deed L-shape.

Good luck!

Asha [C^V]
Varamyr [C^V]
Marwa [<<< ,EBK, >>>]

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

There are plenty of places for smalls. Spots for large houses are few and far between. I wouldn't go so far as to say there aren't ANY spots out there. They are just hard to find. Check the area around Yew and to the east of there. You might be able to find a spot for a two story (L shape) if you're lucky. If you need help finding a spot for a small, please feel free to contact me (see link in my signature).

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

This is a bit of a repeat of what has been said above:

1. There is plenty of room for small houses with only a bit of legwork to find an empty spot.

2. There is very rarely an open spot for a large house. People place houses just to sell them, so spots fill up almost instantly when they do open up.

3. Gold is very easy to come by here once you get a decent character going. So while it can be frustrating to have to buy a house from a player, you can get one pretty easily if you look on the forums and save up the house price plus a small or maybe a little more depending on location.

Francois424
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Francois424 »

I guess I'll get a small house, then if I get the modivation to grind 100's of toulsands of GP then buy later.
But I doubt it as I am mostly playing for fun and not efficiency

RaveGreen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by RaveGreen »

Francois424 - don't get too discouraged. What you are talking about doing, is exactly what I did. With a small house (easily placed/cheap) you can hoard a lot better. Start saving magic weapons/items, resources, etc. and selling them on the forums. Pretty soon you'll have the money you need for a larger house!

Asha [C^V]
Varamyr [C^V]
Marwa [<<< ,EBK, >>>]

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Just PM me, I have a house... always
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.