Old UO player considering retun

Topics related to Second Age
Liffy

Old UO player considering retun

Post by Liffy »

Hi there,

I first heard about this shard when I made a very brief return to UO a couple of years ago. It's a shame to see such a fabulous game in such a mess. I used to play on the Chesapeake shard, 1998-2000 and later sold up and moved to Europa, mainly due to ping issues and played there for another year before selling up again and moving with my Europa guild to DaoC for open beta.

I've been gaming alot of years, but truly my best memories are of what I refer to as 'old school' UO. This is pretty much everything pre-trammel, 'power hour' and all the other nonsense which for me ruined the game. In my first day I was tricked into flagging myself before being killed in Moonglow, and getting player killed was a regular feature of my gaming experience for the first few weeks. I had all kinds of stunts pulled on me in those first weeks and can look back and laugh about it now. I made some fabulous friends on Chesapeake and visited the states to meet some of them, (I'm from London UK). I have to say that the friendships I forged in UO where so much deeper than other games I've played due to the choices you make, taking counts to avenge friends, helping hunt down scammers and cheats etc. For me there was a real morality about how you played the game that does not exisit in other MMO's

I guess what I'm getting at is how different the community is now? Also being a UK player I would have concerns about the population of the server during my play times and server ping. Its a daunting thought playing UO from the ground up again but if I thought I could re-capture those times I could be tempted!

Any former Chesapeake players from that era I was in the guild TKF. My main characters were Tomas, Alvie and Morgana.

Inda

Re: Old UO player considering retun

Post by Inda »

Give it a go, you'll see :)

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

You don't loose anything by giving it a whirl. You'll be hooked again in no time!!

With that said, welcome!!
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Scienter

Post by Scienter »

I'll be honest up front. You'll probably be surprised about the amount of people you can expect to see playing this game, especially from Europe.

If you need a small house to macro in, let me know.

Good luck.
Thank you,

-Scienter
"The Great One"
FT$
PM me with reflect bracelets or charged halberds!
New Vent Info:
IP:uosa.puddleboy.com
port:4490
Need a channel? Fill out the information here: http://secondage.puddleboy.com

Matty
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Matty »

old UO player on the fence: the only thing you'll regret, if you start up here, is the amount of time IRL you will lose to this game.

good times, great oldies. this is as close as it gets. all the memories will come flooding back no matter what you were into back then.

Scienter

Post by Scienter »

Matty wrote:old UO player on the fence: the only thing you'll regret, if you start up here, is the amount of time IRL you will lose to this game.

good times, great oldies. this is as close as it gets. all the memories will come flooding back no matter what you were into back then.
Didn't Derrick post in a thread somewhere an image of a map of all the UOSA player's relative location?
Thank you,

-Scienter
"The Great One"
FT$
PM me with reflect bracelets or charged halberds!
New Vent Info:
IP:uosa.puddleboy.com
port:4490
Need a channel? Fill out the information here: http://secondage.puddleboy.com

Matty
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Matty »

Scienter wrote:
Matty wrote:old UO player on the fence: the only thing you'll regret, if you start up here, is the amount of time IRL you will lose to this game.

Didn't Derrick post in a thread somewhere an image of a map of all the UOSA player's relative location?
never saw this but i'd like to

RaveGreen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by RaveGreen »

Matty wrote:old UO player on the fence: the only thing you'll regret, if you start up here, is the amount of time IRL you will lose to this game...
Hahahaha, this is me, exactly me!

Asha [C^V]
Varamyr [C^V]
Marwa [<<< ,EBK, >>>]

IRC:Brandon

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

Scienter wrote:

It was quite awhile ago. We've actually asked him for an updated one for giggles. Certainly not a priority by any means, but it is neat to see. :D
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Ganklord

Post by Ganklord »

Be Warned. UOSA Is Better Then Crack Cocaine.
Jason- wrote:It's not just you. I want to punch a baby after reading his sentences.
okgoace wrote:dont spend too much time with this ganklord character, he is the ultimate griefer, lurker, troll.

Ulfrigg

Post by Ulfrigg »

Scienter wrote:

Yes he did its outdated thou.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24101&start=0

Brother Aldric

Post by Brother Aldric »

Liffy, give it a try and I am sure you will not be disappointed. If you have a significant other that likes to spend time with you, THEY might be disappointed. I too was an old school original UO player who decided to give UOSA a try and I LOVE it. The only bad thing is I want to try and do everything! I just started up last week an I can't get enough.

-BA

Darix

Post by Darix »

i just returned after several years. this shard is the place to relive those old experiences. You wont regret it. bring friends.
Catskills RP vet 1997-2003

Ajar Deathstrike - Ancient- Undead 1997-2003
Gung'zog - Throquat Uzg Kigg'r - 1999-2000
Darix Darkbane - Bone Warrior - Undead '97
Boen - Welsh Bowmen 99