Fix healing please.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
UsualSuspect

Fix healing please.

Post by UsualSuspect »

Healing in regard to poison does not function properly. If you begin applying bandages before the beneficiary of that heal is poisoned, it should heal rather than cure and take the normal time. I very well remember chugging cure potions before I began applying bandages for this very reason.

Faust

Re: Fix healing please.

Post by Faust »

Healing functions as it did in November '99.

Please see your other thread involving stealing to reference your next step.

UsualSuspect

Post by UsualSuspect »

link patch notes that disprove what I'm saying. I know I'm right.

Faust

Post by Faust »

There are many topics that has addressed the healing functions on these forums.

Answers

UsualSuspect

Post by UsualSuspect »

right, so you can't prove me wrong..
I don't want dexxers to have more of an advantage, but I'm right.

Faust

Post by Faust »

No need to repeat previous discussions that have already been answered.

The reason it was beneficial to be cured before healing is because the healing delay is 12 ticks (3.0 seconds) longer if applied while poisoned.

UsualSuspect

Post by UsualSuspect »

where do I find patch notes?

Faust

Post by Faust »

Original OSI/EA Patch Notes:
http://wiki.uosecondage.com/UO_Patch_Notes

Patch notes are not the sole establishment when deciding mechanics. The T2A UO Stratics site, original code decompiled from the demo, and various other sources are used in a large collaboration to formulate the mechanics of this shard.
Last edited by Faust on Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

UsualSuspect

Post by UsualSuspect »

Those patch notes are on the uosa wiki. Those are made up for all I know.

Faust

Post by Faust »

There are numerous locations that utilize those patch notes.

If you want to take such a stance by not wanting to believe those are the patch notes than go find a list that suits your opinion since they can be found all over the net such as uoguide.com for example.

Why are you questioning everything when you are too lazy to find this stuff yourself?

The whole approach on your part is rather ironic. Refuse to do the work in finding the information yourself but rebute anything that is presented to you that has been established for over a decade now even before this shard.

UsualSuspect

Post by UsualSuspect »

I didn't refuse to do the work. I am trying to find the source of your unquestionable November of 99 knowledge, so I can prove you wrong. From the glance I've had through the patch notes, there is no way in hell you could completely know how the server should work with those vague patch notes. Could anyone point me in the direction of the demo copy of uo?

Faust

Post by Faust »

Demo wont help much for the two mechanics (stealing & healing) you are looking for surrounding the healing application and return of items on a successful - failed steal. The demo is used to build a foundation to get the exact code for a starting point. The decompiled demo is an exact replica of UO in May 1998 (few months before the t2a expansion).

Demo Project

That is the link to the decompiled demo project started by Batlin a few years back.

The information that you need to review is the T2A UO Stratics web site. Use the internet archives to pull old web sites that are no longer in commission. Google "wayback machine" and type in the stratics link "uo.stratics.com" followed by pulling a valid archived portion of the old website.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

This is partially incorrect.

Healing operated in a very specific manner based on the construction of the scripting language itself. When attempting to apply a bandage, the bandaging process would determine how long to wait before attempting to finish the healing process based on the target and current condition of the target. For example, if the target was poisoned at the beginning of the process, and the patient was someone else other than the healer, the delay before completing the process would be set at 6 seconds. The scripting language handled this by setting up a callback to another portion of the script with the necessary delay before that callback occurred.

During this intermediary time, the state of the patient could change, but this would not change the delay. At the end of the waiting period, the script would trigger the proper call back and perform the necessary checks to determine whether the patient could be healed of whatever ailment they were dealing with at that moment.

In effect, this meant that you could have different wait times for the same healing effect, however, the script would always try to cure any ailments you had before healing any damage.

As an example using the above 6 second wait time, if you start the healing process on another patient who is poisoned and they die 4 seconds later, instead of attempting to cure the patient (which makes little sense) the script will attempt to resurrect the person 2 seconds later, resulting in a 6 second resurrect attempt.

So what does this mean for the claims made here? Well, if a person is not poisoned when they attempt to heal themselves, the total delay for healing attempt should only be 15 seconds, no matter what. However, if the player is poisoned during those 15 seconds and remains poisoned to the end of that 15 second period, the script will attempt to cure them without attempting to heal any damage. Interestingly enough, despite numerous changes to the healing skill on OSI servers, this base functionality works the exact same way on OSI servers today.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Scienter

Post by Scienter »

I skimmed your post, and I'm reading 15 second bandage timer. Isn't the bandage timer currently set at 12 seconds?
Thank you,

-Scienter
"The Great One"
FT$
PM me with reflect bracelets or charged halberds!
New Vent Info:
IP:uosa.puddleboy.com
port:4490
Need a channel? Fill out the information here: http://secondage.puddleboy.com

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

No, healing is currently 15 seconds to heal someone who hasn't been poisoned.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org