Yes
43%
No
57%

Total votes: 14

08FG2

How many people disable spell labels?

Post by 08FG2 »

Just wondering, I've played since 2000 so I know all the spells by word of power and feel that disabling the spell labels adds to the feel of t2a. For example instead of the default Corp Por [Energy Bolt], with the tags off it will just read Corp Por. Is anyone else with me here?

wrathofjo

Re: How many people disable spell labels?

Post by wrathofjo »

Right there with you.

RaveGreen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by RaveGreen »

Nope... I'm a newb, I need those!!!! I could recognize a few of the spells I use all the time, but I think I would get confused without them.

Plus, I'm still getting used to my hot-keys and am always pressing the wrong buttons, I could really screw myself without the labels :lol:

Asha [C^V]
Varamyr [C^V]
Marwa [<<< ,EBK, >>>]

IRC:Brandon

Freight Elevator

Post by Freight Elevator »

You can edit how they are displayed in other ways too. I have mine set so that I can differentiate spells from other text (along with different hues for different types).

** Greater Heal **

** Energy Bolt **

This way it's easy to see spells by color and the asterisk to make it more noticeable. It's easy to see through any text or any other shit that's getting spammed mid fight.

I'd still like to go back to old school where you could mask spells with speech text.
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

I do override spell hues with Razor, but I remove the spell names. I only see words of power, but red text for harmful, blue for beneficial and grey for neutral.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

RaveGreen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by RaveGreen »

Blaise wrote:I do override spell hues with Razor, but I remove the spell names. I only see words of power, but red text for harmful, blue for beneficial and grey for neutral.

Oh I like this idea (spell hues), thanks!

Asha [C^V]
Varamyr [C^V]
Marwa [<<< ,EBK, >>>]

IRC:Brandon

Halbu

Post by Halbu »

Yea I prefer only seeing "corp por" or "an corp". It looks cheesy seeing the spell name and definitely makes it feel less t2a.

An Mani!

An Corp