What skills are needed to ride a Nightmare?

Topics related to Second Age
Docholiday

What skills are needed to ride a Nightmare?

Post by Docholiday »

I thought all you needed was
70 animal lore
70 taming

and then someone could tame one and give ownership of it to you and it would listen?

Does anyone know the answer to my question?

thank you

Doc

Pirul

Re: What skills are needed to ride a Nightmare?

Post by Pirul »

Riding and controlling are 2 different matters.

Anyone can ride a nightmare. To control it, you'll need something like 90 taming 90 lore to have a small chance of it listening to you. You can still try to comand it with 0 taming and 0 lore, but you're gonna have to spam your commands endlessly for it to obey you.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

AlexCCCP

Post by AlexCCCP »

So how does one deal with the all follow me trick to refresh the stamina with a nightmare without having any taming skill?
Salute in the name of Lost Soldiers of Darkness [LSD], Napa Valley and The Empire of Atlantic (1998)

"I don't believe in god, but I blame him for all my problems"

Docholiday

Post by Docholiday »

Pirul thank you for the info my man!

- Doc

Freight Elevator

Post by Freight Elevator »

AlexCCCP wrote:So how does one deal with the all follow me trick to refresh the stamina with a nightmare without having any taming skill?
Have a tamer friend it to you. Then have the tamer tell it to follow himself.

Once he is off screen it will stand still when you dismount and still refresh as if it is following someone.
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

...or the tamer can tell it to follow you, that way when you dismount to refresh it will still follow you.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

I think your taming can be less than if you release then retame right?
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Docholiday

Post by Docholiday »

so if a tamer friend friends it to you and tells it to follow you you dont need any animal lore OR taming skill?

- Doc

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:I think your taming can be less than if you release then retame right?
You can retame with 0 skill.
Docholiday wrote:so if a tamer friend friends it to you and tells it to follow you you dont need any animal lore OR taming skill?
Correct.

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

If someone tames a nightmare and then releases it, any character, even one with ZERO animal taming and ZERO animal lore can re-tame it.

When you are riding on a friended mount the all follow me refresh trick still seems to work for me.

I will double check this later tonight but pretty sure you can command a friended mount to all follow me to refresh the stamina (not sure if the mount actually accepts the command).
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

WiseOne wrote:If someone tames a nightmare and then releases it, any character, even one with ZERO animal taming and ZERO animal lore can re-tame it.

When you are riding on a friended mount the all follow me refresh trick still seems to work for me.

I will double check this later tonight but pretty sure you can command a friended mount to all follow me to refresh the stamina (not sure if the mount actually accepts the command).
You don't need to tell the mount to "all follow me" when you dismount. As long as the mount is in "follow mode" before you mounted it, then you can refresh just by jumping off and back on.

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

Pirul wrote:
WiseOne wrote:If someone tames a nightmare and then releases it, any character, even one with ZERO animal taming and ZERO animal lore can re-tame it.

You don't need to tell the mount to "all follow me" when you dismount. As long as the mount is in "follow mode" before you mounted it, then you can refresh just by jumping off and back on.
Yup, what I am going to test is if you can command your mount to go into follow me mode if it is friended (assuming it is not in follow mode).
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Should be able to after spamming the command for hours (or a couple of minutes). :P

RaveGreen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by RaveGreen »

Pirul wrote: You don't need to tell the mount to "all follow me" when you dismount. As long as the mount is in "follow mode" before you mounted it, then you can refresh just by jumping off and back on.
Does this go for ALL mounts? Or does this only pertain to the Nightmare riders with 0 taming/lore?

Asha [C^V]
Varamyr [C^V]
Marwa [<<< ,EBK, >>>]

IRC:Brandon

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

All mounts