"Welcome back to the house Friend"

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
a mexican

"Welcome back to the house Friend"

Post by a mexican »

While I was gone clicking the house sign stopped refreshing the house and I lost a house. Not a big deal it was a small and the guy who placed was nice enough to sell it back to me.

Now I do remember that clicking the house sign didn't in fact refresh the house back in T2A but I am also pretty sure you never got a "Welcome back to the House Friend" message when clicking the sign as well during T2A. I believe this system message was added when you could in fact just refresh from clicking the sign

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: "Welcome back to the house Friend"

Post by Kaivan »

From the December 23, 1998 patch notes:
Whenever a friend of the house uses the house sign, it will give them a message in the lower left corner, saying "Welcome back to the house, friend." This is because of confusion players had as to whether their alternate characters were friends or not.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

a mexican

Post by a mexican »

Kaivan wrote:From the December 23, 1998 patch notes:
Whenever a friend of the house uses the house sign, it will give them a message in the lower left corner, saying "Welcome back to the house, friend." This is because of confusion players had as to whether their alternate characters were friends or not.
Oh wow, and that didn't include housing refreshment? Thought they went hand in hand

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

House refreshing due to being a friend of the house came in earlier (Dec 21).
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org