Im just starting here and got scammed on day 3

Topics related to Second Age
Happy Gilmore

Im just starting here and got scammed on day 3

Post by Happy Gilmore »

Spending last 3 days killing small things and selling wool, hides and meat to npc vendors to get gold to start a mage. I finally get 5k to buy a full spellbook...I find a "full spellbook" on a player run vendor. I bought it and it was an empty spellbook. Why don't the books say how spells are in them when you click them.

WiseOne

Re: Im just starting here and got scammed on day 3

Post by WiseOne »

Hello and welcome to Second Age.

Unfortunately you fell pray to a very common scam.

To avoid this type of scenario in the future, create a character and GM the item ID skill. Using the skill on the book will tell you how many spells it contains.

DON'T GET DISCOURAGED!

For every d-bag scammer on the server there are dozens of honest, friendly and polite players that will gladly go out of their way to help new and fellow players.

On a personal note, I can offer you the unlimited use of one of my houses for as long as you need. I have some near towns, resource gathering locations, farming locations and/or moongates.

Feel free to send me a PM or post here should you require any type of assistance.

Cheers
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

This shard is based as accurately as it can be to Nov 1999. There are some unfortunate realities of the era, scamming spellbooks on vendors is one of them. I recommend buying from Alaric on IRC, he sells full spellbooks dirt cheap (3k IIRC) and doesn't scam.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Pac

Post by Pac »

Beware of the scam vendors like the house west of the Britain moongate and the patio on the NE corner of Yew bank. Both are scam houses owned by GK.

Downs

Post by Downs »

Patio on ne corner of yew bank is run by me, hydroxide, and banks.
Pac wrote: Beware of the vendors like the house west of the Britain moongate and the patio on the NE corner of Yew bank. Both are scam houses owned by GK.
This is false and I'm assuming trolling. Get your facts straight dude.

Check any of our forum rep and the fact that we advertise on the forums. The occasional ghost troll is likely a competitor.

We don't sell spellbooks but find me in IRC and I'll give you one free
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Casey
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Casey »

Pac wrote:Beware of the scam vendors like the house west of the Britain moongate and the patio on the NE corner of Yew bank. Both are scam houses owned by GK.
lol. troll. that patio is as legit as they come.

player 1

Post by player 1 »

Casey wrote:
Pac wrote:Beware of the scam vendors like the house west of the Britain moongate and the patio on the NE corner of Yew bank. Both are scam houses owned by GK.
lol. troll. that patio is as legit as they come.
Yup, buy stuff there all the time. However, he is correct about the house directly west of brit moongate.

orevamp

Post by orevamp »

Hey, welcome to the best online sandbox out there! Be thankful you only got took for a few k. Its a crazy world, this shard is full of sinners and saints heh. Next time you need something, try making a post "I'm new and looking to buy a spell book" chances are someone will hook you up. (Scamming someone on the forums is bannable.)

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

orevamp wrote:Hey, welcome to the best online sandbox out there! Be thankful you only got took for a few k. Its a crazy world, this shard is full of sinners and saints heh. Next time you need something, try making a post "I'm new and looking to buy a spell book" chances are someone will hook you up. (Scamming someone on the forums is bannable.)
"Scamming while permitted in-game may not be perpetrated though the forums or IRC. However, do not take this rule to mean everything you see in here is legitimate. Take precautions. This rule may be enforced retroactively."

Only explicit scamming related thing I could find. Is this to mean that your account will get banned on the forums or also in game if you perpetrated the scam on the forums?
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

WiseOne wrote:
orevamp wrote:Hey, welcome to the best online sandbox out there! Be thankful you only got took for a few k. Its a crazy world, this shard is full of sinners and saints heh. Next time you need something, try making a post "I'm new and looking to buy a spell book" chances are someone will hook you up. (Scamming someone on the forums is bannable.)
"Scamming while permitted in-game may not be perpetrated though the forums or IRC. However, do not take this rule to mean everything you see in here is legitimate. Take precautions. This rule may be enforced retroactively."

Only explicit scamming related thing I could find. Is this to mean that your account will get banned on the forums or also in game if you perpetrated the scam on the forums?
You will get forum/irc banned for scamming on the forum/irc.

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

I believe it is only scamming if it is public. If you deal using PMs, you will be SOL.
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

i'll take public forum posts as a green light, but wouldn't be willing to trust anyone just because they wrote something in irc.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

orevamp wrote:....... try making a post "I'm new and looking to buy a spell book" chances are someone will hook you up
Ummmm....... I'm new and looking for 1 million for a keep. Help?

Scienter

Post by Scienter »

Happy Gilmore wrote:Spending last 3 days killing small things and selling wool, hides and meat to npc vendors to get gold to start a mage. I finally get 5k to buy a full spellbook...I find a "full spellbook" on a player run vendor. I bought it and it was an empty spellbook. Why don't the books say how spells are in them when you click them.
i got scammed to man, it really sucks and brings you back. i can help you out with a full spell book this evening.

i can let you macro in my house also if that intrigues you.
Thank you,

-Scienter
"The Great One"
FT$
PM me with reflect bracelets or charged halberds!
New Vent Info:
IP:uosa.puddleboy.com
port:4490
Need a channel? Fill out the information here: http://secondage.puddleboy.com

applejack
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by applejack »

Yeah you got screwed. There are plenty of fake "full" spellbooks out there for 4k as opposed to the 5k you spent.
[cA] Organizational Information
[cA] Tales of Adventure
Tabius wrote:I am disgusted by cA's attitude in this and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.