few new beginner problems ive run into

Topics related to Second Age
okgoace

few new beginner problems ive run into

Post by okgoace »

Creating a healer requires a bit of bandages, i have currently been to jhelom and yew to "skin" sheep for wool. This generally will get me 8-16 pieces between two farms per city which in return gives about 200-400 bandages but can only be harvested once every 30 minutes or so.. Is there a quicker way, somewhere i can go for cotton fields or anything? (Buying cloth from npc tailor is not an option, im new with no money)

Second question, i am GM swords and working on wrestling now but tactics is stuck at 96.8... will this eventually raise, wrestling is nearing 60(+60 with no gains)

Third question, When attacking jhelom pit fighters in town, often times i come back to my character dead after i did the whole attack, all stop, run off screen, all guard me, all follow me method... why does this occur?

Fourth question, one of my characters are gm music/provo with 50 magery (enough to recall with scrolls flawlessly) and i need to start making money but am coming up blank with spawn areas as the most pvm i did was a couple of months in years of playing(pvp oriented and made most money mining/ljing and wanted a change) Can you recommend any areas with monsters that do not cast so i can avoid being hurt (no healing on bard, cant afford regs)

wrathofjo

Re: few new beginner problems ive run into

Post by wrathofjo »

There are three sheep pens in Yew, two pens in Jhelom, and a TON of sheep on West side of Delucia. You should be able to get 60+ piles of wool easily in a single run through those places. Also if you take your toon with GM swords, kill them, then skin them and you'll get 3 wool per sheep instead of two. I think they respawn faster than they regrow their wool.

Yes, your tactics should GM before wrestling just stick with it.

I'm not too sure about your third question I always just let the fighters fight me and heal both. I read somewhere that if they gain skill with you and you stay at relatively the same skill level your gains will be more consitent. I can't prove that, but that's the line of thinking I use.

Fourth question...maybe earth elementals in Shame. However, that's probably going to be very slow. Your GM swords toon would kill them faster. I'd chop trees and sell bows to make money for regs, macro your magery up 80.1 get to where you can cast 6th circle without fail (for magic reflect) and then try and provo dragons. I don't have a bard myself, but that just seems to be the best place to do it, by far, from what I've seen. Keep reflect up and recall immediately if you see pks.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

okgoace wrote:Creating a healer requires a bit of bandages, i have currently been to jhelom and yew to "skin" sheep for wool. This generally will get me 8-16 pieces between two farms per city which in return gives about 200-400 bandages but can only be harvested once every 30 minutes or so.. Is there a quicker way, somewhere i can go for cotton fields or anything? (Buying cloth from npc tailor is not an option, im new with no money)

Second question, i am GM swords and working on wrestling now but tactics is stuck at 96.8... will this eventually raise, wrestling is nearing 60(+60 with no gains)

Third question, When attacking jhelom pit fighters in town, often times i come back to my character dead after i did the whole attack, all stop, run off screen, all guard me, all follow me method... why does this occur?

Fourth question, one of my characters are gm music/provo with 50 magery (enough to recall with scrolls flawlessly) and i need to start making money but am coming up blank with spawn areas as the most pvm i did was a couple of months in years of playing(pvp oriented and made most money mining/ljing and wanted a change) Can you recommend any areas with monsters that do not cast so i can avoid being hurt (no healing on bard, cant afford regs)
1.) Travel to different sheep places. Alternatively, spend this 30 minute down time chopping logs or mining on a different character and using that to make money. Buy a sheep permit from a member of chumbucket and Associates (cA), then grow your own sheep someplace.

2.) Tactics is just slow. All you can do it try to use a weaponskill that will allow you to make the most hits in the fastest time and wait.

3.) People could be healing it, stealing your bandages, luring monsters on you, killing you themselves with bombs. There is no way to tell unless you film it. You should never be surprised to come back from afk dead. That's not the last time it will happen to you.

4.) There are many non casting monsters. Ogres, Earth Elementals, Cyclops, Harpy, non-mage Orcs, NPC bandits, URK guild. But you are better off just working your str/int up to 100/100 by camping or something and then just going for bigger spell-casting monsters.

Djinn_Voodoo

Post by Djinn_Voodoo »

if bandages will help pm

Missy B

Post by Missy B »

wrathofjo wrote: Also if you take your toon with GM swords, kill them, then skin them and you'll get 3 wool per sheep instead of two. I think they respawn faster than they regrow their wool.

do not kill them. tame them and more will respawn in their place.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

fyi you can only gain tactics when it is close to your weapon skill. you'll probably notice tactics starts raising again around 80 wrestling
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

My first character was a bard. I used to hang out in the area outside the Ophidian Lair in T2A (north of Papua). As you get closer to the Lair, you'll run into Ophidians that cast magic, but if you stay on the outskirts you shouldn't have too much trouble. There are other monsters around that area that cast magic, but it never really bothered me because once you provoke them you don't have to worry about it too much.

Rat Tail John

Post by Rat Tail John »

pm sent