Swing on the run - "accidentally added"?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Ulfrigg

Re: Swing on the run - "accidentally added"?

Post by Ulfrigg »

I just wounder why are he not accepting that he might be wrong??

It seems to me he always have to have right, otherwise it dosent work.

I hoppe you can find a sving on the run.
Its kind of sick thath aloth of evidence gets discarded. But a tell about a guy who couldnt catch up with a guy gets big belivable???

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

I'm assuming that we're speaking about myself. If not, I apologize for the misinterpretation.

I don't always think that I'm right, and there have been several occasions that I've been wrong. However, on this issue, I'll leave you with this perspective.

On the one hand we have two extremely strong bodies of evidence that point to two different systems. One is a system where swinging on the run is possible, and you will attempt to swing whenever your swing is ready, even if you're out of range of your victim. We have another body of evidence that says that you cannot swing on the run, but the fact that you can't swing on the run forces allows you to hold your swing. These are both extremely strong bodies of evidence showing two different systems, which indicates that some sort of undocumented change happened.

On the other hand, we are presented with a few player accounts that are interpreted to mean that it was possible to swing and run at the same time, and that your swing was also held. Viewed in the light of the other two bodies of evidence, we are left with two possibilities. Either the interpretation is assuming things that aren't known, or that a third combat system was in place for a time. The first system, which had several problems for moving combat, is replaced with a very good system that allows for mobile combat. This system is then replaced by a third system which doesn't improve or solve any outstanding issues. It simply makes mobile combat more difficult for no particular reason. Of course, this assumption also has a necessary conclusion that there wasn't just one undocumented change, but two of them, with one producing a noticeably inferior combat system in place of the previous system. Accepting this theory is extremely far fetched because of the impracticality of it in the first place, and the fact that it is predicated on accepting the statements of a single player to be just as strong as patch notes or the demo, which they clearly aren't.

That comparison of possible scenarios is exactly why I take any player accounts that don't explicitly point out that it was possible to swing while moving.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Guerrilla

Post by Guerrilla »

But the question is.... Can you swing on the run IRL ?
Halleluyah
<DemonArkanis> hopefully ill go to hell and not have to listen to your bullshit

Faust

Post by Faust »

Why does that matter in this discussion?