Can someone help me confirm?

Topics related to Second Age
Jason-

Can someone help me confirm?

Post by Jason- »

Trephination wrote:Back in t2a days... I don't recal being able to kill people in houses in the manner which I see today...

I have a solution.

At morning server maintinance, do a house check.
All houses placed that day would be given a better foundation.

It would be invisible so as not to change the feel or look of the game.
It is simply an extention of the foundation which goes a few z cords below the lowest z cord of the house.

Problem solved.
You could still kill people near the walls like always...
but you would be safe in your castle. xD

Yay me !
I was reading this gentleman's post and it reminded me of my house on Catskills. An individual was quitting the game at the time and singled me out in a crowd outside Trisnic's Mage Shop and decided to give me his three brick house located in the large grassy area between Destard and Skara Brae. This transfer occured at the very beginning of the T2A era.

Later on, I had problems walking my character on to the right side of the steps. I had to walk on the left side first, then walk across. I decided to page about the problem and I can't remember if a counselor responded or if a GM showed up, but the individual was nice enough to mess with the axis of my house so I can walk directly on to the three brick steps.

All of this information is relevant I promise, just bear with me a short while longer.

Prior to T2A, house placement restrictions were pretty minimum. On top of that, their were in-game bugs that you could exploit that helped place houses illegally (I think it required 4 orange boxes).

Anyways, I just had a quick question pertaining to my story that I was hoping to get a response from the community about.

Confirm:
Does anyone else recall the text when you click a house sign "This house is placed illegally" in addition to the status of the house? I always assumed the individual who placed the three brick either placed it prior to T2A, or exploited a bug, because I'm confident my house displayed that message.

If someone does remember this information being displayed,was it during the T2A, the transition to UOR, or was this a UOR implication alone?

Thank you.

a mexican

Re: Can someone help me confirm?

Post by a mexican »

Jason- wrote:
Trephination wrote:Back in t2a days... I don't recal being able to kill people in houses in the manner which I see today...

I have a solution.

At morning server maintinance, do a house check.
All houses placed that day would be given a better foundation.

It would be invisible so as not to change the feel or look of the game.
It is simply an extention of the foundation which goes a few z cords below the lowest z cord of the house.

Problem solved.
You could still kill people near the walls like always...
but you would be safe in your castle. xD

Yay me !
I was reading this gentleman's post and it reminded me of my house on Catskills. An individual was quitting the game at the time and singled me out in a crowd outside Trisnic's Mage Shop and decided to give me his three brick house located in the large grassy area between Destard and Skara Brae. This transfer occured at the very beginning of the T2A era.

Later on, I had problems walking my character on to the right side of the steps. I had to walk on the left side first, then walk across. I decided to page about the problem and I can't remember if a counselor responded or if a GM showed up, but the individual was nice enough to mess with the axis of my house so I can walk directly on to the three brick steps.

All of this information is relevant I promise, just bear with me a short while longer.

Prior to T2A, house placement restrictions were pretty minimum. On top of that, their were in-game bugs that you could exploit that helped place houses illegally (I think it required 4 orange boxes).

Anyways, I just had a quick question pertaining to my story that I was hoping to get a response from the community about.

Confirm:
Does anyone else recall the text when you click a house sign "This house is placed illegally" in addition to the status of the house? I always assumed the individual who placed the three brick either placed it prior to T2A, or exploited a bug, because I'm confident my house displayed that message.

If someone does remember this information being displayed,was it during the T2A, the transition to UOR, or was this a UOR implication alone?

Thank you.

This was near the end of T2A, if I recall it was in our timeframe. I would really love to see the "This house is placed illegally" on signs here now that the house placement requirements have changed. Would hate to toy with redeeding a house at this moment in UOSA history

Jason-

Post by Jason- »

a mexican wrote:This was near the end of T2A, if I recall it was in our timeframe. I would really love to see the "This house is placed illegally" on signs here now that the house placement requirements have changed. Would hate to toy with redeeding a house at this moment in UOSA history
Thank you for your quick response.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

The text you're referring to is the "classic" versus "modern" text found on houses after the housing patch on November 23, 1999 (edit: this also included a proper and improper status to denote the status of the house relative to the current housing rules). Currently, we believe that this refers to house placed before the housing rules changes implemented in late 1998 (although discussions suggest that it included some houses placed during 1999 - probably as a result of the housing changes in 2000).
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

a mexican

Post by a mexican »

Quick Google search, though I have no idea what this website is I'm pretty sure it's a direct copy from Stratics at some point in time.

http://noctalis.com/dis/uo/home6.shtml

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

This is information copied from the FYI section of the UO website during early 2000.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org