Online players search - pks etc.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
ChewY

Online players search - pks etc.

Post by ChewY »

Hi guys,

ive been wondering if any is up for this as i am.
Sometimes i check out the online player list to see if there is any pkers online, for example; Onslaughter. When i see hes online with the 8 nightmares hunting, i just wait for another 30minutes to be sure hes logged out so i can go hunt again.
Or lets turn it around; Others can even see when im logged in with my pk out on a hunt, and when they know so, they might wait aswell.

The solution could be, that you have to make your charater "public" on the site before others can see its online.

What do you think?

/Fatboys's industry

Tarvok

Re: Online players search - pks etc.

Post by Tarvok »

You stay logged out or in guardzone just because Onslaught is online? Jesus. I was soloing a rescue mission with Onslaught within my track radius. A little unnerving, sure, but don't you think avoiding the entire server just because particular people are online is a bit extreme? A bit... cowardly?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I think it might be reasonable however for people to hide online status if they choose to, but I'd really like to hear what everyone thinks of this.

ChewY

Post by ChewY »

No i dont hide,

but i asmuse some guys check out when my pk is logged on, i have had comments about it before i even start hunting, which pisses me off.

what is the point in having a pk when people can see its online?

Xukluk Tuguznal

Post by Xukluk Tuguznal »

I never flip through the online list honestly. If I'mma play I'mma play doesn't matter who's on. Plus It isn't giving a location out. I don't see the point in changing it. Just my feelings on it though. I guess ultimately it doesn't hurt one way or the other.
Tforc YM wrote: if you are over 24 though do not apply because i dont like nerdy people who dont get there lifes past uo. also if you do not have a microphone or vent then i can not make you into a good player, sorry , dont apply.

venox

Post by venox »

i oppose this.
i check online status to see if there are people id like to catch up with online. not if there are people i dont...

0range

Post by 0range »

This is probably more trouble than it's worth, but a friend option, where you could have a list of people who can see you online, as well as public and private would be enat.

fooka03
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by fooka03 »

hide online status period. there is no reason for that feature on the myuosa page aside from it being abused. if you want to catch up with your buddies then that's what the forums/irc is for. hell if you're really clever you could just login to the uoam server under the same password and always know where your friends are :shock:
[$$$] Syndicate of Successful Salesmen
Cash, The Drunken Smith
GM Miner, Tinker, Smith, Carpenter, Tailor

venox

Post by venox »

its not a bad feature for prospecting players to see the servers activity.
and i dont use uoam, i dont want to have to have every little add on/ plug in.

Blackraven

Post by Blackraven »

i second thee oppose, it will ruin some key features on game play,.. if i must go into a full explanation then you are shooting you self short on ultima online:T2A

Also if you have friends in-game, everyone should have a "Bird", yes a bird, this is a classic UO key word for ICQ(IM) all the real UO players used ICQ and passed there birds on in-game as coordinates such as mine is {213-637-444}.

Birds(or <turtle> , rabbit , or any other "quick"animal) can be any IM i just exercised ICQ because i was the key word (bird) that started this coordinate system for Im's on uo.

Again not in favor,
Raven

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

I think the "My UOSA" is a great page to check out but seeing who is actually online should be disabled.

New players can still see the shard's "online count" by looking at the frontpage's button. They can see how many guilds exist and even a list of players. The actual online status is easily abused and also isn't really "era accurate" (I know this is an out-of-game feature but it can create in-game actions)

As it stands, there's more reason for it not to exist, than for it to exist.
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Blackraven

Post by Blackraven »

or perhaps.. the in-game bracket command [private [public should make the web page not show your skills but if you want to be listed or not...
Bah if i have to pay 2g a month I'll be un-listed thank you.

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

i like the system just the way it is.

My 2 cents.

-Hoots

Hernando_Kortez

Post by Hernando_Kortez »

I think it is inaccurate to the era and should be removed.

Batlin
wobble llama
wobble llama

Post by Batlin »

Why is that site section called My UO Second Age anyways?
When I first saw that section I thought it would give information about MY account.
Like, how many times have I been killed, how many did I kill, my logon times etc...

It would be usefull if one could see who of your guild and its allies are online.
It could be usefull to see if your favorite enemy is online so you can hunt him/her down.
But not playing because someone you don't like is online? No, thanks!

If this shard is about era accuracy than the online list will have to be removed...
+ORC: If you give a man a crack he'll be hungry again tomorrow, but if you teach him how to crack, he'll never be hungry again.
chumbucket: I don't collect pixels.

Never trust the client. It's in the hands of the enemy : UO Demo internals @ JoinUO