Suggestion: Stable pets longer than 7 days?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Furync

Suggestion: Stable pets longer than 7 days?

Post by Furync »

I know this was not in t2a BUT, for convenience sake, some or most of us go on vacation at some point. This would help us from losing pets when we're gone for a week or 2.

Or a "vacation" command to the stable master... cost 1000g to stable a pet for 30 days?

Just trying to start a conversation :P

cheers,
Furync
Furync

MatronDeWinter wrote: You're likely the only T2A accurate blacksmith on the shard. Congrats

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Suggestion: Stable pets longer than 7 days?

Post by Hoots »

Furync wrote:I know this was not in t2a BUT, for convenience sake, some or most of us go on vacation at some point. This would help us from losing pets when we're gone for a week or 2.

Or a "vacation" command to the stable master... cost 1000g to stable a pet for 30 days?

Just trying to start a conversation :P

cheers,
Furync
well considerig the housing idoc isnt in era i think something like this could have a chance.

Long term storage that you could pay for could work? Of course, the first time you claimed a pet out of "storage" it would be back to the standard 7 day routine..

Not sure what kind of coding nightmare this is but i would think a long term stablemaster could be added that charges 1k or more for 30 days and only accepts long term animals.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Hoots wrote: well considerig the housing idoc isnt in era i think something like this could have a chance.
They are considering putting house timers to the "standard T2A decay time" so an update like this to stablemasters will more than likely not happen, it's also not like it matters all that much. If you go away, which is fine, either have a friend refresh your houses/pets (like we use to do), or get new ones when you come back.
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Furync

Post by Furync »

RoadKill wrote:
Hoots wrote: well considerig the housing idoc isnt in era i think something like this could have a chance.
They are considering putting house timers to the "standard T2A decay time" so an update like this to stablemasters will more than likely not happen, it's also not like it matters all that much. If you go away, which is fine, either have a friend refresh your houses/pets (like we use to do), or get new ones when you come back.

I completely agree with you, it's not a problem, it's just an inconvenience. :)
Furync

MatronDeWinter wrote: You're likely the only T2A accurate blacksmith on the shard. Congrats

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Stables hold a maximum number of creatures, the only thing that would keep them from filling up indefinately is that unused pets are deleted.

The only real alternative here would be to go to a global stabling system with per-player instead of per-stable limits; but I think that would generally be considered inaccurate.

We are planing to transition very soon to accurate house decay timers as well.

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

RoadKill wrote:
Having a friend refresh houses is one thing, but refreshing pets needing account name and password is another story is it not?

So if someone is gone for 7+ days their pets are gone... I think this was the OP's point.

If that is t2a, what can you do...

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

no.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Kefka

Post by Kefka »

Having a friend refresh houses is one thing, but refreshing pets needing account name and password is another story is it not?

So if someone is gone for 7+ days their pets are gone... I think this was the OP's point.
Try finding a friend that you can trust with your account info. If you're a decent person, it shouldn't be that hard.

Real life friends who dont play the game are ideal, for they have less of a reason to loot you/delete your characters.

Good luck with the friend making!

[00:43] <Hemperor> i like turtles

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Longer pet decay times in stables are not very compatible with per stable limits.

venox

Post by venox »

what would be accurate house decay?
cause i dont see how house decay affacts how players interact with second age while playing, except its going to be a pain if something happens in RL and you cant get back on to refresh...
alot of time going into making a house unique...
its just going to be a pain to have to refresh houses all the time.

sure get a mate to refresh, what ever! its just a hassle.
its more of a scale issue than a "accuracy" one.

Kefka

Post by Kefka »

this is the only innaccurate t2a thing i'll ever suggest, but the server does need more gold sinks.

How about a system you can turn on, where your house decay will be extended one day for a % charge of the houses worth. Say, 10 percent. so small houses are 4.5k a day, castles 100k a day, etc. If you run out of money, the house collapses and all of the money that was taken is given back. If you refresh the house, the gold is not given back.

I know it will never fly (although i'm sure it would be supported)....it's just an idea.

Senses

Post by Senses »

Pets were never intended to be permanent character additions like tatoos. They were suppose to be either so inconvenient that they were trivial to lose or stable (dire wolf pet,) or so awesome that just owning them for a short time was a difficult yet powerfull weapon in your arsenal (dragon). The whole concept of tamers on this shard keeping large amounts of very powerfull pets indefinitely is ridiculous and the idea that the server should make it easier *especially* when it isnt era accurate is even more ridiculous.

I realize even the hint of some possible taming nerf brings out the ire of some very powerful long term residents of this shard, but anyone who is not emotionally vested in being the Lord of this here particular shard can see that the high end of taming is flawed and will only become more and more obvious as more and more people create tamers. I will always side with era accuracy though, and as long as we are true to that, then live with the rules, die with the rules. I just hope its on the priority of investigation.

hai t2a

Post by hai t2a »

Senses wrote:I realize even the hint of some possible taming nerf brings out the ire of some very powerful long term residents of this shard, but anyone who is not emotionally vested in being the Lord of this here particular shard can see that the high end of taming is flawed and will only become more and more obvious as more and more people create tamers. I will always side with era accuracy though, and as long as we are true to that, then live with the rules, die with the rules. I just hope its on the priority of investigation.
Well said, you are not alone!

hai t2a

Post by hai t2a »

Also, to add on to that, there are a number of things that are inaccurate with the taming system as it stands..I've heard the staff say this for months... IMO it should be the first thing worked upon, they should really go by what affects gameplay most and taming is sure as hell up there.

Kefka

Post by Kefka »

Also, to add on to that, there are a number of things that are inaccurate with the taming system as it stands..I've heard the staff say this for months... IMO it should be the first thing worked upon, they should really go by what affects gameplay most and taming is sure as hell up there.
you've already made this clear in about ten billion other posts.

the problem is finding documentation so that they can implement the few nerfs, and many power increases correctly to the taming class.