Question on Lockpicking

Topics related to Second Age
Ervin

Question on Lockpicking

Post by Ervin »

OK I'm getting aggravated here because I've been macroing lockpicking for 4 hours with no single gain.

My lockpicking is 75.3 shown 73.4 real. I have a GM Carp/GM Tinker box that I have been trying to unlock. I have also swapped back to my 50/50 box for a short term to see if that stimulates some gains but Ive hd no success. WTF am I doing wrong or is something broken....

Missy B

Re: Question on Lockpicking

Post by Missy B »

Ervin wrote:OK I'm getting aggravated here because I've been macroing lockpicking for 4 hours with no single gain.

My lockpicking is 75.3 shown 73.4 real. I have a GM Carp/GM Tinker box that I have been trying to unlock. I have also swapped back to my 50/50 box for a short term to see if that stimulates some gains but Ive hd no success. WTF am I doing wrong or is something broken....
hows your detect hiding?

Ervin

Post by Ervin »

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Don't think it has anything to do with DH. I'd lower my DEX, or buy a 75/75 box.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

player 1

Post by player 1 »

Make sure you aren't at skill cap with all skills pointing up.....

Ervin

Post by Ervin »

My dex is at 25 and I'm nowhere near skill cap

BardOfLegend
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by BardOfLegend »

I have a 70/70 box if you would like to borrow it and give that a shot. Just curious, where did you get the GM box? Are you certain it is GM?
-Q- Thom Merillin [Court Bard]

Ervin

Post by Ervin »

Honestly I'd be afraid to borrow it. I don't have a house and do all my AFK macroing at a bank and would be afraid I'd get greifed and lose it. Thanks for the offer though.

BardOfLegend
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by BardOfLegend »

Well if you want, for 3000gp you buy a whole set (30/50/70/GM) from a vendor on the patio north of yew abbey
-Q- Thom Merillin [Court Bard]

keelonzo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by keelonzo »

BardOfLegend wrote:Well if you want, for 3000gp you buy a whole set (30/50/70/GM) from a vendor on the patio north of yew abbey
Spend the money and do as he says - they are legit - got my LP to 95 displayed (93.8 Real because of dex bump) off of those vendor boxes - just go east of Empath Abbey a little ways - they are on the patio.

As far as the griefing, just macro in almost any city except Brit.... also Vesper's getting a little dangerous lately too.

Before I placed my houses, I used the small room at the Occlo bank with all the chests in it....

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

...or you could raise your DEX temporarily and probably start getting gains....maybe, 99% sure.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

keelonzo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by keelonzo »

Pirul - just curious.... how would Dex effect Skill gain in OP's instance of having mid 70's - and wouldn't raising dex Increase the "fluff" bonus?

I was born at night, but not last night - johnny 5 need input

Casey
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Casey »

I offer free housing for newer players if you are interested. There are a few unused homes at Magincia Beach. Send me a pm or contact me on irc if you are interested.

irc - Windspirit

fooka03
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by fooka03 »

If he's below the minimum skill (with fluff) to successfully pick the gm box, he gets no gains. Dex increases the fluff, hopefully to a point where he can pick the gm box. After a bit of that picking, he can drop his dex to speed his gains when he's well into the clear.
[$$$] Syndicate of Successful Salesmen
Cash, The Drunken Smith
GM Miner, Tinker, Smith, Carpenter, Tailor

keelonzo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by keelonzo »

Understood - or possibly just get a 70/75 box?