deficit of reagents

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Pirul

Re: deficit of reagents

Post by Pirul »

I know it's lame. It sucks and is terribly impractical, but please, let's try not to blow it out of proportion. The previous dozen or so threads about it already discuss this issue ad nauseum...and yet the shard thrives. Last night I saw 830+ online. I don't think I had ever seen so many.

Same thing happens with housing. Every thread starts with: OMG 15 houses per player!!! No spots!!! Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame!!! ...and yet the shard lives on.
Bandages: Noooooooooooo!!! Not one at at time!!!!!

Let's try to keep things in perspective and realize how much EASIER it is to play the game today than it was 12 years ago.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

devrandom wrote: AFK character factories, with very few people actually *playing the game*, despite client counts and other metrics.

My $0.02.
Pirul wrote:and yet the shard thrives. Last night I saw 830+ online.

Yeah, also, lol.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Whitley
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Whitley »

devrandom wrote: ...despite client counts and other metrics.
Blaise wrote:Yeah, also, lol.
Amazing how your reading comprehension could have failed so spectacularly when you actually lucked your way into pulling out the most pertinent words of my post.

Hats off to you.

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Not sure what you're getting at (I r bad at readang), but I was effectively agreeing with you on the point of most free shards being AFK factories. Hence the 'Yeah'.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Whitley
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Whitley »

Blaise wrote:Not sure what you're getting at (I r bad at readang), but I was effectively agreeing with you on the point of most free shards being AFK factories. Hence the 'Yeah'.
Well don't I feel silly... I misunderstood *your* post. My apologies, sir!

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

devrandom wrote:
Blaise wrote:Not sure what you're getting at (I r bad at readang), but I was effectively agreeing with you on the point of most free shards being AFK factories. Hence the 'Yeah'.
Well don't I feel silly... I misunderstood *your* post. My apologies, sir!

No worries at all my good man. I can often be a bit confusing at times, so I wouldn't put it past taking the blame myself! :)

Best of luck out there!
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Blaise wrote:
devrandom wrote: AFK character factories, with very few people actually *playing the game*, despite client counts and other metrics.

My $0.02.
Pirul wrote:and yet the shard thrives. Last night I saw 830+ online.

Yeah, also, lol.
You really look for any cop out, don't you? I know some of those 830+ are duplicate or triplicate accounts...but that would be the same regardless of afk reg buying or not which is the issue here.

The fact is that as long as you're allowed to macro ANYTHING afk, and to have 3 accounts logged in at the same time you're gonna have that, and it's MUCH better than having 500 with the same triplicate accounts logged in (as we had some months ago...before afk buying started being rampant).

Sure, I'd love to see everyone raising swordsmanship at the bone wall in deceit, but being realistic that's not gonna happen 13 years after the date.

Inoyton

Post by Inoyton »

Blaise wrote: Please, someone who hasn't been here more than three months post and let us all know how 'easy' it is to get the reagents you need.
Sure, I can do it.

It's matter of luck - will you be able to buy reagents in the nearest few hours or not.
I once spent last 10 recalls to get regs for recalls.

It's literally imposible to get enough for magery/alchemy/resist/inscription if only you are not rich enought to buy 100500k stacks for crazyliard gp.

That's not that type of issue which I'd leave server because of.. but it annoys a lot.
I do understand that this server is overpopulated (saw 870 online, which is just gigantic number) and therefore no place for housing, stables are always full, tons of PKs are hunting their asses off.. but come on, reagents, it's thing that originates from vendors (except for those in forest, but you can literally die gathering them for GM magery). I am not sure that forbiding afk buying will help a lot, player base (and accordingly their demands) is huge, but at least it will be a BIT easier to get few dosens of each for recall purposes.

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Players who only refresh in a land where 15 (legitimate) houses per person is going to ensure the land shortages. Honestly, 800+ is not a problem. A thousand or more ACTUAL players would make any shard feel like OSI did.
As I've said in the past though, this shard is not about player enjoyment. It is about mechanical accuracy devoid of policy accuracy.
I love a good classic car that is a precise replica of the day, but I'm not about to suggest that everyone drive one. For the most part, they handle like shit, brake poorly and quite frankly, are just not as good as what came later, from a useability standpoint.

I don't remember much of the 'problems' here from the time I played many years ago, but I also never played as much as I do nowadays. Yes, many things are a pain in the ass and what makes you stay or leave is really as subjective as it can be. Best of 'luck' to you in your quest for reagents. As you may have noticed in my earlier response, I confirmed bags of 50 & 100 each at the Yew bank vendors. There was also a vendor selling piles of 500/each, so at least there is SOME community effort to curb this latest pain in the ass.
Pirul wrote:You really look for any cop out, don't you?
I'm just having a discussion of function with a bit of lol on the side. You know as well as I do that those numbers are not to be trusted on any shard. There's no where near the amount of players actually out and about as there are IPs online at any given time.
Don't get madbro.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

chainsoar

Post by chainsoar »

Over 1,000 unique IPs overall yesterday.
Braden wrote:I was getting ready to type a serious reply to this post until I saw who posted it.
[Uhh] Eo wrote:If there is one thing I am a fan of, it is exploring foreign holes.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

I ain't mad, it's just that this is the n-th thread discussing the exact same issue, and the result is the same. There is still a small group of people that are blowing the issue out of proportion claiming that it is IMPOSSIBLE to buy regs, when in reality it is not the case.

Please stop making new threads about the issue and go complain in any of the previous ones. Here, I'll even save you the trouble of looking for them:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=33835
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=44103
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=44301
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40926

...and that is without looking too far into the issue.

GleepGlop

Post by GleepGlop »

One thing I don't get it is how come I never see mage vendors with 300+ regs? Aren't people constantly buying them out all of the time? I've only seen a single mage that was being cornered by a macroer with more than 250 of each

Also the mage in hidden valley is an actual working mage vendor, you can always grab a quick 20 of each whenever it's alive. I don't think anyone actually buys from it except me

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Wind FTW

chainsoar

Post by chainsoar »

Pirul wrote:I ain't mad
Braden wrote:I was getting ready to type a serious reply to this post until I saw who posted it.
[Uhh] Eo wrote:If there is one thing I am a fan of, it is exploring foreign holes.

Wonko the Sane

Post by Wonko the Sane »

Don't get mad, get even. How can you turn the tables on the afk reagent buyers?

Crowd the shops full of tamed rats? Kill the shopkeepers? Tables to block recall spots? Use your imagination.