Blacksmithing Question

Topics related to Second Age
The Gods

Blacksmithing Question

Post by The Gods »

Can someone please tell me how many ignots roughly it will take me to gm blacksmithing from 50. Thanks :p

Malifice

Re: Blacksmithing Question

Post by Malifice »

Around 20k
[08:48:36] <Derrick> I think that unfair heavy handed bans are the norm on the main channel

The Gods

Post by The Gods »

Malifice wrote:Around 20k
k ty much

AlexCCCP

Post by AlexCCCP »

Jeez took me more like 40k with GM mining.
Salute in the name of Lost Soldiers of Darkness [LSD], Napa Valley and The Empire of Atlantic (1998)

"I don't believe in god, but I blame him for all my problems"

Duul al'Vath
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Duul al'Vath »

The ingot usage depends on your mining skill. The higher your mining skill the more ingots you get back when smelting the item you created. So if you want to minimize the # of ingots, you should first GM mining.

Thelonious Black and Otmar the Mad of the UBB
Arms & Armor by Thelonious Black

The Gods

Post by The Gods »

Duul al'Vath wrote:The ingot usage depends on your mining skill. The higher your mining skill the more ingots you get back when smelting the item you created. So if you want to minimize the # of ingots, you should first GM mining.
im at 95 mining

jimm1432

Post by jimm1432 »

Duul al'Vath wrote:The ingot usage depends on your mining skill. The higher your mining skill the more ingots you get back when smelting the item you created. So if you want to minimize the # of ingots, you should first GM mining.
at under 60 mining you get back 100% of ingots from spears that take you to 99%. GM is unneeded.

There's smithy guild if you look in the new player area, it has the amount of ingot each person used, I even logged my total ingot use and you need 25k ingot MAX any more then your making the wrong items.

Duul al'Vath
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Duul al'Vath »

jimm1432 wrote:There's smithy guild if you look in the new player area, it has the amount of ingot each person used, I even logged my total ingot use and you need 25k ingot MAX any more then your making the wrong items.
My experience has been that you don't necessarily get back 100% on smelt. You get back quite a bit and definitely more than the 50% that I remember on the live servers. But 60% may be the 'magic' number for long spears.

And yes you definitely need to make certain that you are making the right items. Long spears will get you to 99 and then plate gorgets or gloves to GM. No need to make anything any harder than those.

Thelonious Black and Otmar the Mad of the UBB
Arms & Armor by Thelonious Black

The Gods

Post by The Gods »

i dunno y but im at 64 smithing and katanas arent on my list that i can make nor are long spears