Halberd + spellbook

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Deziredvisions

Halberd + spellbook

Post by Deziredvisions »

At what time/era was it possible to wield a halberd while holding a spellbook. I think it went something like equip your spellbook and then equip your halberd or vice versa and you would be walking around with halberd while holding your spellbook. On your paperdoll it would look as if your holding both spellbook and hally in your right hand. I think it might have been before second age came out though.

TI_Smithy

Re: Halberd + spellbook

Post by TI_Smithy »

cant remember that one but I do remember equipping items over a fishing pole

Deziredvisions

Post by Deziredvisions »

Man it's killing me. I can't remember lol. I think it is was pre-2nd age before new lands came to.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

It's possible to do this in the demo, although it is expressly limited to two handed weapons and spellbooks, and must be performed in a specific order. The latest report of this phenomena on the newsgroups is from late 98, just as the newer clients were released.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

FishinPro

Post by FishinPro »

Kaivan wrote:It's possible to do this in the demo, although it is expressly limited to two handed weapons and spellbooks, and must be performed in a specific order. The latest report of this phenomena on the newsgroups is from late 98, just as the newer clients were released.

So if this is possible in the demo is it going to be implemented??
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=55362
^ What??? Another person got "treasureman'd" by cavewight?
Grats Cave on scamming another friend just for some petty wealth and getting away with it.

Come JOIN the -1 CLUB!

Join the KILL CAVE event!!

Deziredvisions

Post by Deziredvisions »

Kaivan wrote:It's possible to do this in the demo, although it is expressly limited to two handed weapons and spellbooks, and must be performed in a specific order. The latest report of this phenomena on the newsgroups is from late 98, just as the newer clients were released.
What do you mean by the "demo?"

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

FishinPro wrote:

So if this is possible in the demo is it going to be implemented??
Not likely. This is part of a skill bug that was performed on OSI servers at the time (also, this is confirmed on the demo). Many such bugs were fixed with the November 23, 1998 patch, which would explain why no reports of being able to equip a 2 handed weapon with a spellbook seem to exist after November 98. We would need concrete information from after this time to consider adding this in.
Deziredvisions wrote:
What do you mean by the "demo?"
When I refer to the demo, I mean the demo of UO that came with the original T2A CD. The demo is an operational server dated from around May of 1998. You can read more about it here.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org