Runebooks?!?!?!

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
XaN

Runebooks?!?!?!

Post by XaN »

Seriously now... I let it slide for a while, but I thought we were going for ERA accurate game play? I know it's tedious to have to have all those runes lying around but the truth is, I miss it. I don't know why, I can't pin point the exact reason, I just can't stand seeing them here especially since we are going for all these other accuracies like bugs and shit.

Derrick, it's time to let em have it... tell them to start sorting there rune libraries and all that, I don't wanna see the whiners leave but I just don't care. Im here for the old T2A experience, and there was no runebooks around back when I played T2A.
NO! nooooOO! ....Hot, hot!

Xarx

Re: Runebooks?!?!?!

Post by Xarx »

Who the fuck cares? They are not blessed.

All it does is keep the item count down for saves. Which is a good thing.

HamburgerPimp

Post by HamburgerPimp »

Derrick wrote:
Frozard Hyromantle wrote:Ok first off, there was no runebooks in t2a. It was after that era and an expansion or two later when they came in. Second, they are and always have been blessed. They were not susposed to be blessed, but due to a bug they were, and OSI descided not to fix it. So my suggestion is either bless them, or, if they arent going to be blessed, dump them so we are more era accurate.
Runebooks were introduced in November of 1999 and were not blessed:
http://update.uo.com/design_43.html

The T2A era spanned the period on Oct 1998 to April 2000.

A bug in a later era did cause them all to be blessed, but the only way to bless a runebook prior to that was by use of an item bless deed, obtainable through the Cleanup Britannia ticket system (also in era). Item bless deeds are not available on UOSA.
From the thread "Runebooks will not be blessed", also in this forum (I think its stickied actually...)

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I loved the old runelibraries with piles of runes everywhere too, I still remember that Britain was the third rune up in the second stack from the left at the rune library next to my first house.

Rune books were introduced in era, and it was a choice made long ago on whether to have them or not. The decision was to a large extent the same as OSI's reason, which was item count reduction. I'm not saying that justifies it, and in retrospect i think there's a lot to be said for having no runebooks, but at this point even if we wanted do away with them it seems like we're kinda of past the point of no return on this. Players have probably literally put hundreds of hours into setting up rune libraries, and it would likely take equal amounts of time to convert those libraries out of book form.

venox

Post by venox »

not to mention the a complete pain it would be to re-organise my lib. i would also be forced to close off sections of my lib, cause i wouldnt want to waste all my lock-downs on individual runes.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

venox wrote:not to mention the a complete pain it would be to re-organise my lib. i would also be forced to close off sections of my lib, cause i wouldnt want to waste all my lock-downs on individual runes.
I'd have to surround my library with ships to display even a fraction of my runes :lol:
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins