Server Reset

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.

Do you Want a Restart Of Server

Poll ended at Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:39 pm

-a Yes, a total restart
20%
-b Yes, But without skills reset,
5%
-c Yes, without skill reset and with 10 items per player
5%
-d Yes, let 10 items per player only
No votes
-e No, im too lazy :)
70%

Total votes: 20

wiso

Server Reset

Post by wiso »

i think that make a reset of server could be a good idea to revitalize it
Last edited by wiso on Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:20 am, edited 3 times in total.

Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: About a Poll of a Server Reset

Post by Teknix »

NEA
chumbucket wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:chum RPs a thief
Roleplays?!?

wiso

Re: Server Reset

Post by wiso »

i think, that without a restart of the server, this is condemned, no new players come, no trade, no land. all people have all items...

Freight Elevator

Post by Freight Elevator »

wiso wrote:i think, that without a restart of the server, this is condemned, no new players come, no trade, no land. all people have all items...
Pretty sure everything you just said is wrong. I just started a few months ago myself..
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really

Eastwood

Post by Eastwood »

People can join the server at any time and still mass huge amounts of wealth, rares, and real estate.
Catskills 97-99

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Not to mention it will never happen. Not only because staff has said so, but because doing it GUARANTEES the server dies as it sets a precedent that what you have worked hard to accomplish can be wiped out at any time on the admins whim.

This idea is appealing mostly to "starter-uppers", those who like to build up, which is something ceretainly very fun, but in the long run that kind of players tend to get bored and leave. The some of the long time players (3+ years) would be P-I-S-S-E-D. And what you end up with is a server that wipes every 18-24 months and that appeals only to "starter-uppers", for more reference see case IPY.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

wiso wrote:i think, that without a restart of the server, this is condemned, no new players come, no trade, no land. all people have all items...
Thanks for making a poll with bias voting options. I guess I am just "lazy" because I worked my ass off for a few years to accumulate the items, characters, and wealth that I did.

To your comment about no new players coming. This is just totally false and if you've been around the shard more than a month, you'd know it's a false statement.

To your comment about trading. Trade occurs constantly. Big vendor houses sell for big prices because they are high in demand. The trade forum is the fastest moving sub-forum on UOSA's forums if I'm not mistaken.

To your comment about housing.. Houses decay. Big houses fall regularly. Good luck!

To your comment about items. All players don't have all items, otherwise you'd have what you want, without the need for a wipe.
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Kriav
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kriav »

Pirul wrote:for more reference see case IPY.
Angel island and UO Revived both wiped and suffered for it.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

Kriav wrote:
Pirul wrote:for more reference see case IPY.
Angel island and UO Revived both wiped and suffered for it.
I used to play on the original Angel Island. I now refuse to even try it. I don't have countless hours of free time.

Wipe the server and you wipe your playerbase.

It's one of the few things that is tried and proven.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

where is the option for killing the shard with a wipe?
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

I started here very long ago- back when the server population was 20 and i think at the time we were allowed 3 clients per ip just the same as now. I did vote yes on this. I wouldn't mind a restart. I don't mind either way as long as the server stays up regardless

Kriav
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kriav »

I just dont understand why we cant have trammel with felucca rules just to double the size. Gameplay will be the same

Corbin

Post by Corbin »

Kriav wrote:I just dont understand why we cant have trammel with felucca rules just to double the size. Gameplay will be the same
This is a terrible idea on so many levels...

We don't need more land. In fact, UOSA would do much better with LESS land. The only thing more land would do is open up more spaces for big houses which is a dumb idea. There is plenty of spaces for houses as it is and more houses fall every day of a greater size than smalls. You have much more opportunity to place a large house on this shard than you ever did in the T2A era.

Adding more land would make the already barren cities even more ghosttownish. Gameplay would change because you'd have two options for the same locations which also means there would be less randomized PVP because there would be two of every spawn location. It's simply not needed and certainly not desired. It was a terrible idea when EA mirrored the land too, with or without trammel rules.

Next you will want neons and artifacts, right?
Pacific (98-02) - Mystic of FL
Catskills (03-08) - Roo Avery of VIT, T^B
UOSA - Amos Trask/Roo Avery of WTC

Jakar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Jakar »

I just returned last week with nothing in my banks and all my houses decayed 3 years ago.. it hasn't stopped me.

I already have a small and a L-shape.

Server reset is a horrible idea.

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

Control + Alt + Kill yourself noob.

You leave my pretty little chars and tons of gold alone. I worked hard for them.

I warred ACE for a year during ALL KILL/NO TAMERS WELCOME dragon wars before i joined ACE on my main (Taboo/hallier) and fielded with them for a year. ....and even that was a few years ago. Now its a completely dead guild and I'm still here!

You simply can not understand or sympathize. :roll:

Leave my chars and property alone. They are mine to do with whatever I wish.

I am a wealthy vet now! so nah nah nah nah nah nahhhhhhhhhh

Pff. Get to work and good luck.