Archaic's Archive of Alternates

Topics related to Second Age
archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Archaic's Archive of Alternates

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Almost everyone has an extra slot or two available to make alternate builds on. Most of the time people have their mage,dexxer, hybrid, crafter, fisher, thief, provoker, tamer, lockpicker they usually run on...and then a couple alts while they are in statloss.

So what can you do when you are bored... I will add one utility/alt/non pvp character now and add some later. Feel free to add your own.

the training dummy (for npc pets, monsters, and hirelings)

Archery 50
(which can be magically enhanced to increase value, without arrows/bolts can do no harm)
Swords/Fencing 80
(allows the use of shield)
Wrestling 90
(allows the use of potions and shield especially once your student gets tougher, will minimize damage and allows tactics to continue to rise faster even after the creature GMs melee)
Anatomy
(to check progress of training, Aid in bandaging)
Healing
(obviously)
Magic Resist 90
(I would allow this to rise naturally after walking on coals with firewall)
Parry
(keep dex at the point where if you have a full set of plate you would have one dex left to minimize bandages, and parry will help you do the same)
Poisoning / (alternatively Evaluating Intelligence to monitor progress )
(this is totally up to you, but you can control how fast you swing by adding or taking away plate armor (tabbing in and out as well then using attack last) and it can be cost effective to train healers and vets using lesser poison rather then casting, not to mention its easier to control then using venomous creatures, its just easier to have your trainer poison his weapon in a macro then have an alt do it. You wont poison every time but that's okay it guarantees your healer will heal damage too, just need to time it so he swings for exactly the bandage timer in the macro to heal poison. If you have an alchemist the cost will be about one nightshade for every 5 times you get poisoned. On players make sure a weapon you have no skill in is equipped to get hit more. In this case it's best to start 50 archery 50 poisoning, otherwise 50 archery/50 healing)

Is it a waste of time? Depends on how involved you are in game or in your guild. I just thought it would be fun to start a thread on alternate character builds that had nothing or little to do with combat or farming because people have a lot of slots available to them.
Last edited by archaicsubrosa77 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:01 am, edited 7 times in total.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

5HITCOMBO

Re: Archaic's Archive of Alternates

Post by 5HITCOMBO »

I was thinking this was going to be a list of players alts. I was excited to see if someone elses notes are longer than mine.

But regardless nice post. I like to keep several punching bags around just in case, and name them after people I want to punch in real life.
Malaikat wrote: I try way too hard to sound intelligent on a small internet forum about a wizard game amongst a small handful of random anonymous nerds. I have a vested interest in this matter indubitably.

Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

a lot of my alts are used to feed my RP style. The name in some of these cases is more important than the build.

i have Reeve Jr who i don't think i'll ever be able to delete for my memories of his part in The Mysterious Reeve Manor

I usually get hiding on my RP alts so that they can remain hidden in certain dangerous areas while an adventure takes place. Really i don't master any skills on them because in most cases, even not being GM in a skill you can still accomplish quite a bit.

Great post here. Good to see that people like to make chars for other than strictly farming or pvp. Don't get me wrong, I love these aspects, but I enjoy the freedom to develop chars in so many different ways.

eggmona

Post by eggmona »

Macing
Tactics
Anatomy
Healing
Resist
Magery
Wrestling

Str 100
Int 50
Dex 75

This was already posted, by sir trammelite i think, but I want to build this char as an alternate. Seems like a good composition thats viable for pve and pvp, and isnt a hallymage! also qstaffs are pretty neat

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

The Perfect Mule

Lumberjacking
Mining
Herding
Magery
Hide
Stealth
Meditation 40
Tracking 60

Herding is Great on a stealther to draw creatures that can be tamed into either a house or other safe spot without having to engage anything in combat.
Stealth is also good on a character who will get slaughtered pretty easy...such as miners and lumberjacks.
GM magery is advisable as you will be gating heavy loads all the time. Anything over 80 will work good enough though.
He can also serve as a scout or someone who can mark locations tip-toeing through dangerous areas to do so.
eggmona wrote:Macing
Tactics
Anatomy
Healing
Resist
Magery
Wrestling

Str 100
Int 50
Dex 75
I made this build before. You Should drop intelligence to 40 and find a mage to run with if you are bent on using Ev's or Earthquakes. I'd even go 95 strength 90 dex 40 int. Put it this way at 75 dex someone with swords will be hitting you a lot quicker so a 5 hp loss isn't much compared to the damage you will be taking swinging slower. Also as a macer dexxer with wrestling you have a lot of options to heal while staying in combat so that's a lot of defense there, so instead with increased dex you can wear a plate tunic to give you even more artificial HP. A quarter staff swings pretty good at 105 stam boosted on greater agility and TR. * If you had parry I would even say 90 str 95 dex. Sounds scary but if you think about it even debuffed to max you would have 100 strength with a GS. That way you can either pull up to 115 stam, or wear a plate tunic with plate legs and in combination with parry negate more damage then what you lost in stat distribution.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Ill find a way to pay 500k to someone who can name all my 15 chars except ns.

Also I had 17 chars in my history, so that should work in your favor.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

son wrote:Ill find a way to pay 500k to someone who can name all my 15 chars except ns.

r-
Joshua Lee III
Joshua Lee III
Joshua Lee III
Joshua Lee III

Joshua Lee III
Joshua Lee III
Joshua Lee III
Monika
Joshua Lee III

Joshua Lee III
Joshua Lee III
Joshua Lee III
Joshua Lee III
Joshua Lee III

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

chumbucket wrote:
son wrote:Ill find a way to pay 500k to someone who can name all my 15 chars except ns.

r-
Joshua Lee III
Joshua Lee III
Joshua Lee III
Joshua Lee III

Joshua Lee III
Joshua Lee III
Joshua Lee III
Monika
Joshua Lee III

Joshua Lee III
Joshua Lee III
Joshua Lee III
Joshua Lee III
Joshua Lee III
We have a winner.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Not even close
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS