Provokers

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Dupre[THG]

Provokers

Post by Dupre[THG] »

its simply way to simple to start off here, making a provoker within 3 days and then getting all the gold in the world via Destard, i think it should be just a little harder otherwise, everyone has a PvM charc, no one will buy magic items, no one will want anything really. thunder weps and all that are easy to get off elder gazers.
Lord Dupre , Leader Of The Guard
Lord Of Trinsic.

alatar

Re: Provokers

Post by alatar »

I just made a topic about this.

Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

Let's change it!!! :roll:
-Rapunzel-

do0m

Post by do0m »

The fucking population of bards on this server is ridiculous. Nerf bards please. lol.

alatar

Post by alatar »

poll?

Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Hey guys, crazy idea here. I heard that you can attack and even kill people outside of town! Like if they're using the era-accurate skills to make gold in the areas you want you to be in! Certainly those silly provokers won't be able to put up a fight. Right guys?
I'm a chemistry set that makes only firecrackers and smoke bombs.

Dupre[THG]

Post by Dupre[THG] »

sure, :x :? :? :? :?
Lord Of Trinsic.

DemonArkanis

Post by DemonArkanis »

I love how the nerf bard comments start popping up only after they've finished making their bards

Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

nerf DemonArkanis
I'm a chemistry set that makes only firecrackers and smoke bombs.

leterrien
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by leterrien »

As long as bards are accurate, I really don't see a problem. Barding is a very powerful skill, as are a lot of skills in this game. As for your main complaints, that it should be harder and that there is an overflow of magic items, I think that is just a side effect of our low population atm. As nevermore alluded to, if there are more PKs, then barding get much more difficult :wink:

dirk smallwood

Post by dirk smallwood »

perphaps unguard the stables there, or take out the pets. Its obvious that was made to be a provos training ground.

and the guardzone isnt supposed to be there neways, fix the guardzone and move the provo training grouds to the other stables imo.

Orsi

Post by Orsi »

Make provoking innocent players/npcs/creatures flag the bard. I'm sure it was like this in T2A, but on this server you can provoke two innocent creatures on each other and not even get flagged as an aggressor.

This way those unattended macroing bards at the stables (me too :D) may fall victim to an unattended macroing tamer on the bulls >:).

alatar

Post by alatar »

Innocent monsters don't flag as innocents, they are always gray, though they are not criminals.. the only thing that is wrong with barding is that back in the day when you used to "music fails to incite anger", that monster would then flag to you as the aggressor, if it was still passive..

Dupre[THG]

Post by Dupre[THG] »

thats correct plus you cant provoker blue creatures on eachother....
Lord Of Trinsic.

Orsi

Post by Orsi »

Dupre[THG] wrote:thats correct plus you cant provoker blue creatures on eachother....
You can't provoke blue tamed creatures because they are 'too loyal', but you can provoke anything on someones pet without being flagged. You can also provoke two 'blue' wandering healers outside and not become grey. I think you can actually provoke anything without being flagged as criminal. And yes, the creature should attack you if you were to fail provoking. I remember the patch they put it in and thinking to myself "fuck, I should of had a provoker the whole time..."