Problem with client errors

Jellybones

Problem with client errors

Post by Jellybones »

Hello! I just recently reinstalled Ultima Online from my Age of Shadows disc, which I had used to play many PRS's in the past. This time, however, im encountering a little problem with client errors. I noticed it first when i tried to run two clients at once, but now I've had it occur when im just running a single client. While I'm playing I get the windows gump informing me that "Ultima Online Client has encountered a problem and needs to close." And would I like to send an error report to microsoft. Any idea what could be causing this issue?

I'm currently using client 5.0.8.2

Derrick

Re: Problem with client errors

Post by Derrick »

Jellybones wrote:Hello! I just recently reinstalled Ultima Online from my Age of Shadows disc, which I had used to play many PRS's in the past. This time, however, im encountering a little problem with client errors. I noticed it first when i tried to run two clients at once, but now I've had it occur when im just running a single client. While I'm playing I get the windows gump informing me that "Ultima Online Client has encountered a problem and needs to close." And would I like to send an error report to microsoft. Any idea what could be causing this issue?

I'm currently using client 5.0.8.2
This problem has been linked to the ingame music, the auto-death-screen capture, and Vista in general
You can turn off the in-game music with <ALT>O, it's on the first tab
auto-death-screen capture is in razor under screenshots
If vista, right click on razor, properties, cobpatability, and run in compat for WinXP SP2

Good luck!

Jellybones

Re: Problem with client errors

Post by Jellybones »

I turned off my music and so far it looks like that fixed it. Thanks for the help Derrick :)