Terathan Warrior (terathan keep is WRONG)

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
BlacKnight

Terathan Warrior (terathan keep is WRONG)

Post by BlacKnight »

I played BlacKnight on Europa from 1997 to 2002. I used to spend all day every day at the Terathan keep, killing warriors for magic weapons. I got an indestructable vanq katana and blessed it after the cleanup.

Long story short. I did search the threads but this is a new thread ONLY for warrior spawn.

You want to be t2a accurate, there are ZERO warriors at the keep, 3 avengers and 40+ drones. No matriarchs or warriors? It makes no sense to the era. I bought t2a when it came it, it's always been that way.

Europa 1998-2002
BlacKnight (Knight of Justice, KoV)
Second hand in the Knights of Virtue

player 1

Re: Terathan Warrior (terathan keep is WRONG)

Post by player 1 »

Are you saying there weren't any warriors at terathan keep in t2a or are you saying there aren't any warriors there here on UOSA? If the latter, you'd be wrong. I go there quite often and there are plenty of warriors. There are also Matriarchs as well.

Freight Elevator

Post by Freight Elevator »

Yup, there are plenty of warriors.

I've also seen plenty of matriarchs downstairs but haven't farmed the outside enough to notice.
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really

BlacKnight

Post by BlacKnight »

i just got back to this game but i was there yesterday for hours and never saw ONE. and not only did i look, i went through the entire keep, killed all the avengers, and still never saw one. maybe bad day?

Europa 1998-2002

Freight Elevator

Are you including the downstairs of the dungeon?

I used to farm the swamp area outside the balron spawn quite often and there are probably 6-8 that spawn in just that general area. If you go all the way to the back (north west ish) there is even more. It is definitely a popular place to farm and someone may have cleared them out just before you checked, although it seems odd you wouldn't see any corpses or players down there.

If you are talking about the outside, I think there is only a few that spawn and it always seemed to take forever to respawn as well.
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really

BlacKnight

Post by BlacKnight »

the outside in t2a had alot of spawns. The dongeon was way more pk likely so I wasnt there as much. Maybe its just me, it just didnt feel right. Also avengers move way fast when chasing you

Europa 1998-2002

Freight Elevator

Agreed. My memory tells me there was a lot more spawn on the outside area, but trust me if you learn how to farm the inside you won't care.

And also, yea, I don't remember avengers skipping tiles like they do here. But after playing servers where I couldn't ride a horse for so long, this doesn't really bother me.

GleepGlop

Post by GleepGlop »

Since you hunted there into 2002, do you remember when they changed the spawns and warrior loot tables causing nobody to hunt outside the keep because it wasn't worth it, mostly due to warrior loot being changed? The server seems to be using those new loot tables/spawns. On Atlantic outside the tere keep went from a hotbed of activity to a ghost town when that change went in.

Freight Elevator

Warriors drop a magic weap every time and about 100 gold. Farming there isn't bad at all. Also considering there is a near endless supply of avengers/matriarchs/warriors + double balron spawn downstairs...this place is certainly worth it.

BlacKnight

Post by BlacKnight »

i'd be making up a date if i gave u an answer. i LIVED in delucia when t2a hit. so my guess is it was at the beginning that the good spawn was. My last couple years were spent gambling in brit.

Europa 1998-2002

Arec Bardwin

Post by Arec Bardwin »

When T2A was released on OSI servers, I spent lots of time fighting Terathan Warriors in the outside area of Terathan Keep. There were plenty of them. Only 1 or 2 Avengers and 1 or 2 Matriarchs and don't know how many drones.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

The spawn up top of Terathan Keep was more plentiful in Era.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

GleepGlop

Post by GleepGlop »

Light Shade wrote:The spawn up top of Terathan Keep was more plentiful in Era.
Heck, all of the spawns were more plentiful as I remember, and there weren't 20 ophidians mingling on the left side of the keep and tons of spawns on the inaccessible ledges. It looks like a single GM warrior could kill all of the drones and warriors outside in less than 10 minutes with the tiny amount of spawn there

Then again on OSI people actually hunted outside rather than making a bee line to the underground entrance

Freight Elevator

Nobody really farms up top. Once you drag those ophidians over on accident they kill the little stuff and get stuck there aggroed through walls.

I also feel like when I'm downstairs if you kill the drones you have a better chance of spawning some of the other mobs as well. Might be that nobody has killed the drones up top and it just never cycled through to the other ones.

Also, I might be making all of that up and just going on feelings.[/size]

Lambo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Lambo »

Listen to freight he is a PvM warlord. Ask him about his maxxed out fame
Buying Charged Hallys/Bards
Buying +20 Power and above Hallys
Buying Reflect Items 30 Charges and above