Era Website

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Era Website

Post by Light Shade »

Not sure if this has been posted before or if it helps, but here's an old website:

http://www.angelfire.com/hi/uoshop/index.html

Could be all crap, but maybe it'll help.

I chuckle at this, though:

Code: Select all

Normally, when melee weapons like bardichies and halberds are used, they take a major amount of time between swings. But now if you wait till you hear your weapon strike, hit the macro for "Salute" and your next swing will be considerably faster!
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Era Website

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I didn't have the guts to enter.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

http://geocities.bootstrike.com/Eleonar ... efault.htm

Another website talking about era stuff.

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

great find, i particularly remember and miss the strecthing of words across the screen, unable to duplicate here and have asked before.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

From This Site: http://geocities.bootstrike.com/Eleonar ... efault.htm

If this website can be believed, it looks like where our Skull Candles were spawning is incorrect.

Skull Candles, in the past, spawned here on UOSA:

According to this old website, though, Skull Candles were thought to spawn here:

Also, one thing I noticed about many of the pictures of Silver Steeds and descriptions of their spawns:

One picture shows one in the swamps of T2A and mentions that they spawn in the same areas as nightmares out on the plains of T2A. Currently on UOSA we do not have any nightmare spawns anywhere near a swampy area. I can remember from Era that this was not the case. By putting the picture and the statement together, one can infer that another spawn point must have existed in addition to our current spawning scheme. (unless something's changed without my notice) I know there has been a lot of discussion in the past about other spawn points existing.

Image Taken From: http://www.uorares.com/Database/ItemCat ... rsteed.php

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Interesting website regarding the spawn locations of rares. The locations correlate to the old Markee Dragon website locations (which he cites as his source) back when they maintained a rares forum, and the information regarding replacement spawns correlates with information from the uorares website and from a few posts made by Raph on his own blog. The difficulty, of course, is determining whether these rares actually spawned in those recorded locations or not. Largely, there are conflicting accounts of where some of these rares spawned and how they were obtained.

As for the nightmare spawns, it is entirely possible that there was more than one nightmare that spawned in the large open plains. One map from the taming archive (I don't have the link handy), suggests that there was a very wide area in the eastern plains where a nightmare could have spawned. This spawn area would have straddled either side of the river that ran through Papua, and could have given rise to the report of nightmares in the plains, and the screenshot near the swamps.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Halbu

Post by Halbu »

Normally, when melee weapons like bardichies and halberds are used, they take a major amount of time between swings. But now if you wait till you hear your weapon strike, hit the macro for "Salute" and your next swing will be considerably faster!
*SALUTE*

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

Found another Era Website with some pics. Something to note was all the dyed furniture well before the Veteran's Rewards were introduced giving just about everyone Furniture Dye Tubs.

It just reminded me of the obvious: Furniture Dye Tubs were accurate to the era and they were in no way as limited and rare as they are on this server.

Also liked the old picture of the resist bug being used at Cove.

a Ninja Turtle

Post by a Ninja Turtle »

Please dont make the shard more colorful with unlimited furny tubs

just an opinion, though i do remember furny tubs having unlimited uses, but i also remember every single shop colored like a rainbow! Pew!
Best Sig...Period, on UOSA

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Bring on the purple furnishing!
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

a Ninja Turtle wrote:Please dont make the shard more colorful with unlimited furny tubs

just an opinion, though i do remember furny tubs having unlimited uses, but i also remember every single shop colored like a rainbow! Pew!
Either we're trying to be accurate or we are not.

a Ninja Turtle

Post by a Ninja Turtle »

We should go about it in a diff approach than.We should be asking the gms what makes the current system (Limited furny charges) accurate to begin with.Does anyone at all remember Limited furny charges during t2a? Do the gms remember this?

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

Another fun website with old pictures: http://www.aschulze.net/ultima/stories/story080.htm

This particular link is to a secret castle in the mountains on Chessy. Several shards had secret castles buried in the mountains, though most were unique to the shards. Just a thought for something unique to add to this server while still staying Era-Accurate.

Also, Hidden Valley, which I know got some recent work:

Pre-UO:R(Chest with traps in the stone floor)

UOSA(No chest or traps in the floor. Possibly different from shard to shard, but something to consider.)

House Walls:

Pre-UO:R(Walls are more plain and vibrant)
Note: Also, notice the water barrel in the picture. This mechanic is still lacking on UOSA to my knowledge.

UOSA(Walls have textured, dirty look)

Closed-Top Barrels: I can't remember if these have been added in yet or not here...know they weren't before.

Guildstones:

Pre-UO:R(Facing East)

UOSA(Facing South)

Tarot Cards: Seem to have been available without Silver Turn-In System.
I suppose this random small house could have a server birth in it, but seems unlikely given varied stories of their spawning.

Small details of Nujel'm Tavern:

Pre-UO:R

UOSA

Unlimitied Furniture Dye Tubs were Clearly more prevalent in-era, regardless of player opinions on whether they should be introduced:
Note: The irony of players being okay with neon sandals and the same players being against Furniture Dye Tubs is amusing on this server.

Terathan Keep:

Pre-UO:R

UOSA (Stone benches are messed up)

Many of these images were taken from the linked website above if you would like to glean through the countless pages to verify.

-L/S

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

a Ninja Turtle wrote:We should go about it in a diff approach than.We should be asking the gms what makes the current system (Limited furny charges) accurate to begin with.Does anyone at all remember Limited furny charges during t2a? Do the gms remember this?
The current system is not accurate at all. In era, there were Unlimited Furniture Dye Tubs as a reward. They were either forgotten or left out on this server when the same rewards program went through. This creates a dilemma where the mechanic of introducing the item is over and done with, but the item was not introduced with that mechanic.

There is already precedence for adding in items that were omitted, but as of yet the Staff has chosen to mostly leave this issue alone.

Regardless of opinions, Unlimited Furniture Dye Tubs were indeed accurate to the Era and SHOULD be on this server. The current implementation is not accurate.

a Ninja Turtle

Post by a Ninja Turtle »

over your head...

was just a simple question to make it easy

Why did the gms implement limited furny charges to begin with?

simple question, that gms should be able to give a simple answer too.