Introducing the Shard's First Player-run Gold Sink

Topics related to Second Age
Elph

Introducing the Shard's First Player-run Gold Sink

Post by Elph »

Guild Name: Regulators

Guild Abbreviation: O

Guild Objective: To seek out and destroy gold coins in massive amounts by any means necessary.

Guild Secondary Objective: To provide non-profit vendors for use by new players of Second Age.

Plan of Action:

Regulators will act as a gold sink by deleting gold via trashbarrel and other means, as well as act as a gold faucet slower through completely intolerant actions towards players engaged in activities which draw in large quantities of NPC gold, as well as those who nullify existing gold sinks through mass vendor selling.

To obtain gold, Regulators will do such things as finding and looting IDOC's for items, selling those items, and then destroying the gold from the sale with great prejudice. Regulators will also obtain items by any means necessary from wealthy players, and with profound mercy towards the newest and most vulnerable players.

If you are interested in joining, contact me via PM or on IRC (Frock). There will be an initiation which will entail the destruction of 10k+ gold via trash barrel, with more credit given to those who destroy more.

mrbojangles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Introducing the Shard's First Player-run Gold Sink

Post by mrbojangles »

Yea guys, you can also give me all your gold. I swear I'll trash barrel it all.
Omar Little(irc) / Mr Bojangles / Bowie / Snake Plisken / Martin Van Buren / Dirty Ore

Visit the The Yew Gate Shop for everything you need.

Arsen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arsen »

or give it to me ill invest all in regz to pvp.
[22:00:50] <@Dupre> arsen isnt raging, hes jsut german, it just sounds taht way
[22:00:58] <@Dupre> hes actually very calm and gentle
[22:03:54] <@Dupre> arsen is also the best player here

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

I will buy kindling with all of your gold and wander Sosaria camping and telling tales to weary travelers.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Elph

Post by Elph »

Lol disbelief? Really? I'm not asking for anyone to give me gold.

If you love your gold so much, keep it. Keep it and horde shit until you get bored and quit.

Me, I'll be there to loot your idoc, sell your items, and trash the gold.

Elph

Post by Elph »

Arsen wrote:or give it to me ill invest all in regz to pvp.
It won't sink then, someone will just mine it out with scroll selling.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Just sell me all pure white 4th of july hats. I'll buy them for 20k each and all of my gold will be gone.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Arsen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arsen »

make a pk (or even a gank squad) and trash barrle all loot
[22:00:50] <@Dupre> arsen isnt raging, hes jsut german, it just sounds taht way
[22:00:58] <@Dupre> hes actually very calm and gentle
[22:03:54] <@Dupre> arsen is also the best player here

Elph

Post by Elph »

Arsen wrote:make a pk (or even a gank squad) and trash barrle all loot

Some loot will be sold non-profit on the vendor homes, but yeah, this is part of the stratagem. Pirating also.

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

Give me your neon sandals and I will trash barrel them.
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

Elph

Post by Elph »

Boondock_Saint wrote:Give me your neon sandals and I will trash barrel them.
Trashbarreling rares won't help the economy. Selling them and trashing the gold, however, will.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Having rich people trash barrel their gold won't help the economy. It will just put the more greedy people ahead of the others.

Asking the poor people to give out their gold is pointless as well. You are asking people with a ton of gold to effectively kill their buying power against other high gold people.

It really doesn't help anything. Sorry :(

As for the item deletion...If it's rare, just send it to the UOSA museum. Can't get your crap back from there without signing a thousand papers, arguing with the keeper, and getting slapped by 20 bureaucrats.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Elph

Post by Elph »

GuardianKnight wrote:Having rich people trash barrel their gold won't help the economy. It will just put the more greedy people ahead of the others.

Asking the poor people to give out their gold is pointless as well. You are asking people with a ton of gold to effectively kill their buying power against other high gold people.

It really doesn't help anything. Sorry :(

Did you even read the thread?

I am not asking anyone to trashbarrel their gold. I plan to sell rares to the players that want/can afford them, then trash the gold from those transactions. This effort isn't about kindly asking anyone to do anything, its about subverting the market system and deleting gold for the sake of the economy as a whole.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Isn't that just deleting "your" gold? Also, my last post was pointed more at the idea of gold sinks, rather than at your thread.

Elph

Post by Elph »

GuardianKnight wrote:Isn't that just deleting "your" gold? Also, my last post was pointed more at the idea of gold sinks, rather than at your thread.
Yes, if you look at it that way, but gold is gold when looking at the overall economic picture. The flow of gold is relevant. In UO gold is constantly entering the system through "Gold faucets" PVM, NPC selling, Dungeon Chests, Tmaps, Mibs . Gold leaves the system through "Gold sinks" NPC buying, primarily, as well as when gold is lost through deletion.

When the system of gold faucets exceeds the amount that gold sinks can deplete, then the amount of gold in the economy increases. When the amount of gold in the economy increases, the value of gold decreases, leading to inflation. In servers with inadequate gold sinks to cover the faucets, inflation occurs, and the economy for new players becomes extremely difficult to manage, as prices for supplies from players (crafted items, gathered resources, etc.) become higher priced. This leads to people preferring to do everything by themselves, decreases player interaction and cooperation, and makes the game less like an MMO and more like a single player RPG.

Complaints on this are often ill formed, and met with strong opposition due to solutions which would involve changing systems. My solution, is to simply take matters into our own hands, and require the shard change nothing.