Monsters Swarming Houses

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Zordak

Re: Monsters Swarming Houses

Post by Zordak »

Or maybe it was for "SUPER BEASTS" only? i.e- Ancient Wyrm, Balaron, kraken...
I don't remember one way or the other about balrons. But I am pretty sure the orcs at the Cove fort would leave you alone until you came through the walls.

applejack
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by applejack »

My memories somewhat conflict with each other, which would lead me to believe that it wasn't universal and that it depended on the location and/or spawn. For one, my only house on Catskills was a small just south of one of the Yew crypts, just a tile or two away from the crypt. I absolutely remember being in my house and the south wall of the crypt being lined with undead as they had targeted me through two walls. My friend who I shared the house with and I used to complain about it all the time. However, having spent untold hours in Shame fighting elementals, there is no doubt to me that they couldn't find me through walls and around corners. I could only take on one at a time as a parry dexxer and luring and "hiding" (not the actual hiding skill mind you) around corners was essential. Our era accuracy system here does not rely on our memories and generally it works, so I am not complaining. Just throwing in what I remember as have others. Also maybe it helps I was in my 20s in era so I may remember better than those of you who were annoying teenage twerps. :wink:
[cA] Organizational Information
[cA] Tales of Adventure
Tabius wrote:I am disgusted by cA's attitude in this and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

applejack wrote:My memories somewhat conflict with each other, which would lead me to believe that it wasn't universal and that it depended on the location and/or spawn.
Im in the same boat.

I cannot picture me in my house with multiple monsters agro'ing me like it is every time i am in my house here.

but...

I can remember doing tmaps around the Silver & Giant serps where they would be aggro'ed on someone in a house allowing us to "work around them" and provo them when needed.

My guess, as inferred above, it was possible for monsters to agro you in a house, but not a given like it is today.